Breaking: Styles is transferring

3,554 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
calbears4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So apparently, it looks like Styles won't be on the team after all, as her name is no longer on the roster. This is going to be very tough for Cal, as they will have to rely on Olson, Richey and their new freshman guard/forwards to take over her position
Ashfield63
This is old news. Freshman, D. Daniels can play every position. There are 9 players now because Cailyn Crocker is out for the season due to a foot injury. Both of these players will be missed for sure. Other players will need to step up like last year's freshman did. It means more playing time for the non-starters. Jazzy Green and leilani McIntosh improved throughout the season. I feel badly for Cailyn as she was coming into her own near the end of the season. She is a leader on the floor. Cal will be playing with 6 freshman and two sophomores. Can't wait to see them play........GO BEARS!
Ashfield63
Correction, 3 Sophomores, 2 are guards. Evelien Schipholt is a forward. There are great pictures on CAL WBB Facebook page. There are 11 players and 2 who have walked on(Archer & Sierra), for a total of 13 players this season.
HoopDreams
https://instagr.am/p/CFqlBwrnuv0
Ashfield63
This didn't take long........Congratulations to Bird!
what a great opportunity to go East, as a Grad-Transfer, play for a top team, and a terrific coach Brenda Freise. Cal WBB must be respected by Coaches on the East Coast.
SFCALBear72
Ashfield63 said:

This didn't take long........Congratulations to Bird!
what a great opportunity to go East, as a Grad-Transfer, play for a top team, and a terrific coach Brenda Freise. Cal WBB must be respected by Coaches on the East Coast.

Apparently, Alaysia also had a Maryland offer coming out of high school.
annarborbear
Maryland is picked to to win the Big Ten and is a projected #4 NCAA seed by ESPN. But it appears that they could use another front-line player.

I also noticed at ESPN that Stanford is a projected #1 seed, Arizona is a projected #2 seed, and Oregon a projected #3 seed in their early bracketology. Will be interesting to see how that holds up.
Ashfield63
Ashfield63
Ashfield63 said:

Three players transferred out of Maryland this spring. They were 28-4 and won the Big Ten Championship. Taylor Mikesell, a 3-point sharp shooter has transferred to Oregon, and can play this season. The NCAA held off this season allowing a one time transfer to another school without having to sit out a season. They will meet in Jan. 2021. Taylor Mikesell received a waiver for this season to play immediately.

Schroeder71
Ashfield63-who is the eleventh scholarship player? I do not have a facebook account. Thank you.
grin&bearit
So happy for her. Go Bird!!!!
wvitbear
Both of the walkons got scholarships last year. I imagine if not filled they will get them again.
ClayK
Daniels cannot play point guard. She's a three/four and will be a very tough cover. She doesn't have the frame to defend at the five, nor the mentality to be a physical player (from what I saw and heard).
Ashfield63
Schroeder71 said:

Ashfield63-who is the eleventh scholarship player? I do not have a facebook account. Thank you.
There are 6 freshman and 4 sophomores for 10 scholarship players.....I must have counted Styles....For the 2021-2022- season CAL will gain 3 more scholarship players......Mia Mastrov, J. Curry, and grad-transfer Jadyn Bush, 5-11 forward from Harvard........You can google CAL WBB Facebook, and see what happens. There is also CAL WBB twitter........I enjoy the posts and photos.......GO BEARS!
Schroeder71
wvitbear-I was not counting the two former walk-ons. Cal only has four sophs & six freshmen on scholie but ashfield63 stated about that Cal has 13 players on their Face Book page (11 scholarship & 2 walk-ons). Cal's roster has a dozen players listed. I'm confused. GO BEARS!
wbbilluminati
Kind of like how Cayton ended up at Nebraska, Styles said Maryland was her top school in HS until visiting Cal.
pearbear
Good for Styles! Way to make the most of her opportunities.

GO BEARS!
puget sound cal fan
I've presumed Daniels would be at SF, particularly, with the latest departure. If that occurs, the Bears might feature an all-freshman front court depending on Charmin's alignment.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.