Actual Basketball News

1,763 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
annarborbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, it seems like it is time for our women's team to put out some actual basketball news. How are our new freshman doing thus far? What is the status of injuries? How about replacing the open basketball practice with an on-line version that we can watch?. I am donating my season ticket money. But I would like to get some actual basketball information back during this Covid isolation period.

Stanford has a video of activities from their first practice session up on their site. I think it is called marketing.
puget sound cal fan
That would be good, particularly, with the excitement surrounding the freshman class.
wvitbear
Amen. There is nothing on the univ Cal web site about women's basketball. I too am donating my season ticket but how about some news?
SFCALBear72
Perhaps the BI writer for women's basketball, pearbear, can find out from Coach Smith what's going on in team practices.

The team posted pictures online earlier this week for Media day.
wvitbear
I see no pictures on the University of Cal web site.
SFCALBear72
wvitbear said:

I see no pictures on the University of Cal web site.

Go to the team's Instagram page. @CalWBBall.
Baygbear
Jeff Goodman of ESPN posted on twitter that a member of the men's basketball team tested positive for Covid and will pause activities for up to two weeks. I wonder if that will affect the women's team since they, and other teams, share facilities.
OBear073akaSMFan
SFCALBear72 said:

Perhaps the BI writer for women's basketball, pearbear, can find out from Coach Smith what's going on in team practices.

Sorry I think PB is on paternal leave! Maybe in another month he will be available
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.