Pac-12 schools adding many highly ranked players all over the conference

1,996 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ClayK
Intuit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The ranking of the Woman's class at Oregon, Arizona and Washington is impressive.
How will Cal's highly rank class perform in comparison?
wbbilluminati
Neither of our Euro frosh made this top 25 international ranking, but i think that's ok...it's a very deep list: https://www.worldexposurereport.com/news_article/show/1129702

Then I noticed this article named our local target Amaya Bonner one of the top 13 most impressive performers for 2022 at a recent Wootten Top 150 camp in Texas: https://jrallstar.com/2020/10/10-takeaways-from-coach-woottens-top-150-in-dallas-tx/

Our 2021 pair filled our needs perfectly. Like Jaz Green and Leilani, seems like they are just outside most rankings but could still have big contributions. We are really blessed with talent. I expect a couple Sweet 16 runs out of this group.
annarborbear
Surprise in this is three UCLA recruits in the top 25, all on the front line. I had presumed that they would be a little down after less US recruiting success, but this may push them back upwards.
bearwbbfan
A lot of Pac-12 schools, Cal included, are bringing in a lot of really good talent.

Washington brought in four lower-end top-100 prospects (though quite honestly I'm no more impressed with any of their players than I am with Mastrov or Curry.

USC brought in two really good 2021s (plus they added a good transfer today in UVA's PG Shemera Williams).

Oregon State got two good players in 2021 and already have a top-10 post in 2022 and another guard.

Oregon and Stanford will look to sign very good 2022 classes to build on their recruiting momentum.

I think 2022 is a really important class for Cal. Would love to get one (or two if I'm being greedy) of Gayles, Jones, or Bonner.
ClayK
If Azzi Fudd chooses UCLA -- it's either there or UConn -- that will be a seismic shift. For one of the few times in recent memory, the top recruit in the country will go east (she's from DC) to west rather than the other way around.
puget sound cal fan
What about the BOD post?
wvitbear
Who is the BOD post. Bonner is a guard and she is the highest rated player in Northern Cal 2022 class.
ClayK
The O'Dowd "post" is Kennedy Johnson, who's about 5-10. She's a great high school player but will have to change her game significantly to have an impact at the P5 level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.