Sara

1,612 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by puget sound cal fan
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In Duke's first game, Sara went 3-4 and had 3 boards in 21 minutes. That's the good.

but she had 1 assist and 4 TOs

poor passing was a big prob for her at Cal. She's gotta clean that up
annarborbear
The new coach, Lawson, let a number of recruited players decommit, so they have only one freshman on this year's roster. So SA can get some playing time. Will get to see if the TO issues for her are any better in some other system.
HoopDreams
annarborbear said:

The new coach, Lawson, let a number of recruited players decommit, so they have only one freshman on this year's roster. So SA can get some playing time. Will get to see if the TO issues for her are any better in some other system.
hopefully for her, she will clean up the turnover problem

it was so frustrating when she would repeatedly attempt that cross-court pass and get the pass intercepted. If I coached our opponent, I would have instructed the defender at that spot to always be ready to jump that pass and take it down court for a layup

I couldn't understand why the Cal coaches just didn't put a red light on that pass for her, even if it interfered with our offense
annarborbear
HoopDreams said:

annarborbear said:

hopefully for her, she will clean up the turnover problem

it was so frustrating when she would repeatedly attempt that cross-court pass and get the pass intercepted. If I coached our opponent, I would have instructed the defender at that spot to always be ready to jump that pass and take it down court for a layup

I couldn't understand why the Cal coaches just didn't put a red light on that pass for her, even if it interfered with our offense
I think it would have helped to put together a quick tape of five or six of those passes and then ask her, "What exactly is being accomplished here?".

Have to say, though, when we do a lot of dribbling and not a lot of quick passing, we also end up with more desperation shots and passes at the end of the clock. So we still need to fix that no matter who is out there.
puget sound cal fan
Duke plays a very competitive schedule so if Sara is still TO-prone, she won't be able to hide, Good luck to her.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.