Cal-Long Beach State softball double-header available on LB website...

1,391 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearinOC
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2021 Softball Schedule - Long Beach State University Athletics

Cal scored four runs in the top of the 1st on a single, walk, double (Bishop) & home run (Smith). It's a Big West feed so I claimed that I was a LB fan and was able to receive it. Live stats are available, too.

Sophie Medellin fails to make clean plays on multiple ground balls in every game. She just booted out #3 in the bottom of the 1st. GO BEARS!
Intuit
Cal won the 1st game 7 to 1. Second game of Double Header scheduled to start at approximately 3:00pm

Streaming on the Long Beach network All-Access Landing Page (bigwest.org) Click on LB option
2021 Softball Schedule - Long Beach State University Athletics

Harborview
BearinOC
Just got back from umpiring a couple games. When you said booted out, I am guessing she was removed due to multiple errors. 7-1 sounds like it was a great game!
BearinOC
It is surprising that Romero started. I am worried that Haley Archer is not pitching. Anyone know what's going on with her? I read somewhere she was hurt?
SFCALBear72
Long Beach State was 26-8 coming into today's doubleheader with the Bears. UCLA swept a doubleheader with them earlier in the week.

Schroeder71
Cal just blew the nitecap in nine innings, 3-2. The Bears took the lead in the top of the 9th w/ a solo HR by D'Asha Saiki. Chloe Romero was brought in to close out the game but couldn't do it twice in one day. The home plate umpire was terrible. He would not call a high (letters on uni) or low strike (knees) right over the heart of the plate. He also did not call strikes off of the plate so the strike zone was indeed tiny. I'm suprised that Sona Halajian and the LB pitcher held the score down to 1-1 through seven innings. Btw, Haley Archer came in to pitch in extra innings and faced a couple of batters. She walked 'em and yielded an infield hit so she was removed for Chloe Romero with the bases loaded. The freshman appeared healthy. I wonder why she has not pitched since the team returned to softball after three weeks off due to Covid-19. Cal plays a double-header today and she faces only a trio of batters in extras of the nitecap? GO BEARS!
SFCALBear72
Schroeder71 said:

Cal just blew the nitecap in nine innings, 3-2. The Bears took the lead in the top of the 9th w/ a solo HR by D'Asha Saiki. Chloe Romero was brought in to close out the game but couldn't do it twice in one day. The home plate umpire was terrible. He would not call a high (letters on uni) or low strike (knees) right over the heart of the plate. He also did not call strikes off of the plate so the strike zone was indeed tiny. I'm suprised that Sona Halajian and the LB pitcher held the score down to 1-1 through seven innings. Btw, Haley Archer came in to pitch in extra innings and faced a couple of batters. She walked 'em and yielded an infield hit so she was removed for Chloe Romero with the bases loaded. The freshman appeared healthy. I wonder why she has not pitched since the team returned to softball after three weeks off due to Covid-19. Cal plays a double-header today and she faces only a trio of batters in extras of the nitecap? GO BEARS!

I think you could have added a bit more context to your "analysis" besides saying the Bears "blew" this game. It's very hard to sweep a team on the road particularly one that is playing very well and will likely be in the postseason.

Coming into today, Long Beach State was 14-3 at home and two of those losses were to the #2 team in the country, UCLA. The fact that we gave them another home loss is commendable.
Plus, we outscored them 9-4. Not bad for a team that has struggled offensively and has missed numerous games due to Covid19.

Coach Spencer has this team headed in the right direction and will soon be a force to reckon with in the conference.

Go Bears!!!
BearinOC
SFCALBear72 said:

Schroeder71 said:

I think you could have added a bit more context to your "analysis" besides saying the Bears "blew" this game. It's very hard to sweep a team on the road particularly one that is playing very well and will likely be in the postseason.

Coming into today, Long Beach State was 14-3 at home and two of those losses were to the #2 team in the country, UCLA. The fact that we gave them another home loss is commendable.
Plus, we outscored them 9-4. Not bad for a team that has struggled offensively and has missed numerous games due to Covid19.

Coach Spencer has this team headed in the right direction and will soon be a force to reckon with in the conference.

Go Bears!!!
While I don't disagree with you on the program headed in the right direction, I do disagree with beating LB is a difficult task. After all, this team did lose to San Diego and CBU. The shortstop/cleanup for LB I know well is not at all close to the caliber that we have. So no, I can be objective and not sunshine pump for this loss.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.