Would this happen to the guys?

1,402 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearinOC
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://golf.com/news/heavy-rain-leads-to-canceled-ncaa-regional-baton-rouge/

Why not find another course?
calbears4ever
I honestly don't know
BearinOC
Honestly I don't know what the big deal is. They are probably just preventing the course from being torn up. City parks almost always closed after the rains to preserve the field. They probably had tournaments lined up on the weekends. Things get cancelled all the times. I don't understand why this is a gender issue. Be logical instead of questioning sexism.
wifeisafurd
BearinOC said:

Honestly I don't know what the big deal is. They are probably just preventing the course from being torn up. City parks almost always closed after the rains to preserve the field. They probably had tournaments lined up on the weekends. Things get cancelled all the times. I don't understand why this is a gender issue. Be logical instead of questioning sexism.
Gee, maybe because it is a NCAA regional? Not that you understand this, but they are not cancelled all the time . Teams can't move on to NCAAs. Players can't move on to NCAAs. Only time it ever happened before was a pandemic when no one moved on. Find another course, delay the tourney, whatever. And yes, if it happened to the guys there would be a sheet storm and questions why future PGA players were left behind and deprived of a NCAA championship. Instead, it is in a buried article.

BearinOC
wifeisafurd said:

BearinOC said:

Gee, maybe because it is a NCAA regional? Not that you understand this, but they are not cancelled all the time . Teams can't move on to NCAAs. Players can't move on to NCAAs. Only time it ever happened before was a pandemic when no one moved on. Find another course, delay the tourney, whatever. And yes, if it happened to the guys there would be a sheet storm and questions why future PGA players were left behind and deprived of a NCAA championship. Instead, it is in a buried article.

I agree they should have found another venue. I am not denying that. I am just saying there may have been other good reasons then due to the sport being women golf vs mens. Title 9 is pretty serious stuff. I know, my daughter is a college scholarship athlete.

I use to golf. They closed all the time. It was 7 inches of rain. Based on 7 inches of rain I am guessing it was raining nearby as well.
socaliganbear
BearinOC said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearinOC said:

I agree they should have found another venue. I am not denying that. I am just saying there may have been other good reasons then due to the sport being women golf vs mens. Title 9 is pretty serious stuff. I know, my daughter is a college scholarship athlete.

I use to golf. They closed all the time. It was 7 inches of rain. Based on 7 inches of rain I am guessing it was raining nearby as well.

You do realize it's not the closure itself that he's calling out?
BearinOC
socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

wifeisafurd said:

BearinOC said:

You do realize it's not the closure itself that he's calling out?
Based on your handle, I will respectfully refuse to reply.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.