women's soccer has 38 players on their 2021 roster...(link)

1,993 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jackisback
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/sports/womens-soccer/roster/2021?&sort=class

It is because of Covid-19 but this group includes the #1 recruit class in the nation. GO BEARS!
calbears4ever
That's a lot of players
Schroeder71
I watched the game today of Cal vs national champ, Santa Clara. It ended in a 1-1 tie but the Bears were missing their star goal keeper, Anderson, and their top returning scorer, Westin, from Sweden. I believe six of the fourteen freshmen played.
Cal Holds Defending Champs To Draw - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Guess what, softball fans, the goal keeper today against the #2 ranked team in the country was Makena Smith. Evidently, she was a star soccer goalie besides a great softball player in high school. She played well today and did not embarrass herself whatsoever.
https://calbears.com/sports/womens-soccer/roster/makena-smith/20577

Cal's soccer team has great athleticism and speed. Those talents work great on defense but the Bears only had four shots on goal. I don't feel that Cal can win even with the top 2021 recruit class in the nation. I have doubts about the HC. GO BEARS!
calbears4ever
Is it because of the abuse allegations or just his coaching style in general?
Bear8995
Schroeder71 said:

I watched the game today of Cal vs national champ, Santa Clara. It ended in a 1-1 tie but the Bears were missing their star goal keeper, Anderson, and their top returning scorer, Westin, from Sweden. I believe six of the fourteen freshmen played.
Cal Holds Defending Champs To Draw - University of California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

Guess what, softball fans, the goal keeper today against the #2 ranked team in the country was Makena Smith. Evidently, she was a star soccer goalie besides a great softball player in high school. She played well today and did not embarrass herself whatsoever.

Cal's soccer team has great athleticism and speed. Those talents work great on defense but the Bears only had four shots on goal. I don't feel that Cal can win even with the top 2021 recruit class in the nation. I have doubts about the HC. GO BEARS!
I watched most of the match as well. Very physical. The commentator was a former Santa Clara player. She tried to be objective but really wasn't in my opinion. When we got a yellow card late in the game, she pointed out that she was waiting for the ref to give us a yellow for jumping in front of the ball to prevent a quick kick. Yet, literally, 1 minute before that, a Santa Clara player did the exact same thing.

The fact that we tied the #2 team in the country without our #1 and backup goalies, and without Westin who is our top returning scorer is huge. I wish we could have possessed the ball more throughout the match but I do see a leap in our speed from years past. One of our shots on goal in the 1st half hit the cross bar. They scored early and we could have folded but we didn't.

And Makena Smith did a lot more than not embarrass herself. She looked the part. What an athlete. Kind of a weird way to put it IMO.

Turnbow from Santa Clara is quite a player.

Proud of the entire team. Go Bears!
Schroeder71
Makena Smith has been the top player on Cal's softball team for the past couple of seasons. I thought that it was odd that the soccer team had to plug in Makena as their goal keeper against the #2 ranked team in the nation. The soccer team has other goalies on scholarship (besides Anderson) but went outside their program to the softball team. I didn't mean anything negative about MS... GO BEARS!
https://calbears.com/news/2021/8/24/womens-soccer-makena-smith-named-pac-12-goalkeeper-of-the-week.aspx
coachdeke
Bear8995 said:

Schroeder71 said:

I watched most of the match as well. Very physical. The commentator was a former Santa Clara player. She tried to be objective but really wasn't in my opinion. When we got a yellow card late in the game, she pointed out that she was waiting for the ref to give us a yellow for jumping in front of the ball to prevent a quick kick. Yet, literally, 1 minute before that, a Santa Clara player did the exact same thing.
!
Do you know the name of the ex-Santa Clara player who announced?
SFCALBear72
coachdeke said:

Bear8995 said:

Schroeder71 said:

!

Danielle Slaton
coachdeke
SFCALBear72 said:

coachdeke said:

Bear8995 said:

Schroeder71 said:

!

Danielle Slaton

Thanks, previously the PAC-12 Network had employed another former Santa Clara player, Aly Wagner. She was a ridiculous homer and referred to Cal as "Berkeley " or "Cal-Berkeley."
Bear8995
coachdeke said:

SFCALBear72 said:

coachdeke said:

Bear8995 said:

Schroeder71 said:

!

Danielle Slaton

Thanks, previously the PAC-12 Network had employed another former Santa Clara player, Aly Wagner. She was a ridiculous homer and referred to Cal as "Berkeley " or "Cal-Berkeley."
Funny. Wagner and Slaton were teammates. In fact, they showed a picture of them together during the game.
Jackisback
Bear8995 said:

And Makena Smith did a lot more than not embarrass herself. She looked the part. What an athlete. Kind of a weird way to put it IMO.

What an athlete indeed!

Goalkeeper of the Week

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.