Status of upgraded softball stadium and new BVB facility?

7,141 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearinOC
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't heard anything about these projects in a while
Ccajon2
Both will be delivered late and far over budget . Just kidding but it's been two years since project was announced. Anybody got any pics?
BearinOC
HoopDreams said:

Haven't heard anything about these projects in a while
As I understand it, the rich folks above the stadium may have hired both attys, and the tree people to throw excrement at the project. Maybe there is a lack of impact report on the crickets, frogs, or some BS they want to protect in them hills behind the spectator section.
SFCALBear72
From Calbears.com

Project inquiries:
capitalstrategies@berkeley.edu
coachdeke
SFCALBear72 said:

From Calbears.com

Project inquiries:
capitalstrategies@berkeley.edu

That ought to be a fun exchange.
SFCALBear72
I recently reached out to Capital Strategies through email to get an update on the softball stadium project. UC Berkeley Capital Strategies are the project managers.

An email reply from the Director of Communications said:

"We are currently conducting additional environmental reviews of the softball project. Such reviews can often take a year or more to complete. Right now we estimate that construction would likely not begin until sometime in 2023".

Looks like at least two more seasons in the stadium with its current configuration. The pandemic likely slowed progress on this project. I'm hoping that they will be able to speed up this project in the coming year.
Chabbear
Any status or info on the Beach Volleyball facility?
HoopDreams
thanks 72
socaliganbear
SFCALBear72 said:

I recently reached out to Capital Strategies through email to get an update on the softball stadium project. UC Berkeley Capital Strategies are the project managers.

An email reply from the Director of Communications said:

"We are currently conducting additional environmental reviews of the softball project. Such reviews can often take a year or more to complete. Right now we estimate that construction would likely not begin until sometime in 2023".

Looks like at least two more seasons in the stadium with its current configuration. The pandemic likely slowed progress on this project. I'm hoping that they will be able to speed up this project in the coming year.

I believe the law suit by the hill folk necessitated additional EIRs. It's a classic NIMBY project stalling tactic.
BearinOC
SFCALBear72 said:

The pandemic likely slowed progress on this project. I'm hoping that they will be able to speed up this project in the coming year.

What makes you think it's pandemic related? Have you been to Colorado where they can't keep up with demand of building? Texas?

Are you sure it's not the typical "Berkeley delay"? You know-live in trees, throw feces on workers by Dumpster Muffin and Running Wolf, environmental studies on effects of frogs, "Ancient" Oak Groves, etc?

AunBear89
BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

The pandemic likely slowed progress on this project. I'm hoping that they will be able to speed up this project in the coming year.

What makes you think it's pandemic related? Have you been to Colorado where they can't keep up with demand of building? Texas?

Are you sure it's not the typical "Berkeley delay"? You know-live in trees, throw feces on workers by Dumpster Muffin and Running Wolf, environmental studies on effects of frogs, "Ancient" Oak Groves, etc?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearinOC
AunBear89 said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Berkeley and 89 Year Old Aunty Logic

"Charming. The spoiled children high atop the Berkeley redwood have, of course, resorted to (allegedly) throwing their urine and fecal matter at arborists trying to get them down. (Yeah. Fight the power. Idiots.) If you recall, some people under the false impression that they're making a difference have quickly turned an attempt to save a patch of trees into one of Berkeley's most massive protest fails to date. They are scheduled to get ripped from said trees any moment now."
socaliganbear
BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

NIMBYism is not special to Berkeley.
BearinOC
socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

I don't know, buildings go up very quickly in TX, CO, NV, AZ, TN, OK, KS, MO...well you get the picture.

Feces throwing protesters living in trees are only in Berkley though. Not going ot beat a dead horse here. Please stop defending. Call a a spade a spade and consider something else liberal to defend.

AunBear89
Typical knee jerk conservative reply. Emphasis on the second word.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
SFCALBear72
BearinOC said:

socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

I don't know, buildings go up very quickly in TX, CO, NV, AZ, TN, OK, KS, MO...well you get the picture.

Feces throwing protesters living in trees are only in Berkley though. Not going ot beat a dead horse here. Please stop defending. Call a a spade a spade and consider something else liberal to defend.

No need to make this political by someone who seems to be living in the past. It's 2021. FYI. Berkeley has moved on without you and your exaggerated characterizations.
BearinOC
SFCALBear72 said:

BearinOC said:

socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

No need to make this political by someone who seems to be living in the past. It's 2021. FYI. Berkeley has moved on without you and your exaggerated characterizations.
This is what is wrong with this generation. They don't like something, erase it/cancel it. Learn from history young man. Berkeley has always been Berkeley, is and will always be, Berkeley. It hasn't changed in 60 years. Just because the store fronts change, doesn't mean the ideals do. So shortsighted. No wisdom.
SFCALBear72
BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

BearinOC said:

socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

This is what is wrong with this generation. They don't like something, erase it/cancel it. Learn from history young man. Berkeley has always been Berkeley, is and will always be, Berkeley. It hasn't changed in 60 years. Just because the store fronts change, doesn't mean the ideals do. So shortsighted. No wisdom.
"...this generation". ?? "...young man" ??

Just how old do you think I am? The '72 in my screen name represents the year I graduated from Cal.
Your name-calling and generalizations tell me all I need to know about you.

I was the one who contacted the office in-charge of the softball stadium re-build to get an update on its progress. And I shared that with people here. From day one, you've negated the truthfulness and accuracy of that update. It seems to be your version of the "Big Lie". Good grief. Get some help.
coachdeke
BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

BearinOC said:

socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

You know little of what you speak, IMHO!!!
BearinOC
SFCALBear72 said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

BearinOC said:

socaliganbear said:

BearinOC said:

SFCALBear72 said:

"...this generation". ?? "...young man" ??

Just how old do you think I am? The '72 in my screen name represents the year I graduated from Cal.
Your name-calling and generalizations tell me all I need to know about you.

I was the one who contacted the office in-charge of the softball stadium re-build to get an update on its progress. And I shared that with people here. From day one, you've negated the truthfulness and accuracy of that update. It seems to be your version of the "Big Lie". Good grief. Get some help.
"negated the truthfulness and accuracy" you wrote:

For example?

Graduated 72? Woah, one would think someone that old would have a little bit of wisdom and knowledge that Berkeley does not change.
AunBear89
Wow. Always the aggressive jerky reply from you. Who pissed in your cornflakes, Sunshine?
BearinOC
AunBear89 said:

Wow. Always the aggressive jerky reply from you. Who pissed in your cornflakes, Sunshine?
Hi Aunty, you back. Yawn. This is a one on one discussion. Go play in the sandbox, Karen.
AunBear89
More of the internet tough guy act, complete with name calling. So on brand for the weakest poster on this site. Full of sound and fury. . .
BearinOC
AunBear89 said:

More of the internet tough guy act, complete with name calling. So on brand for the weakest poster on this site. Full of sound and fury. . .
Thank you Aunty, Karen. Merry Christmas to you too. Run along now.
AunBear89
BearinOC said:

AunBear89 said:

Signifying nothing. Does internet tough guy need to act all tough to compensate for some other SHORTcoming?
BearinOC
AunBear89 said:

BearinOC said:

AunBear89 said:

Signifying nothing. Does internet tough guy need to act all tough to compensate for some other SHORTcoming?
&^*^%&*(
AunBear89
Smartest thing you have ever posted on this site. You should probably quit while you're ahead.
BearinOC
AunBear89 said:

Smartest thing you have ever posted on this site. You should probably quit while you're ahead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.