Coach Spencer

2,921 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CyBear77
Jackisback
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coach Spencer Interview
CalFanatic
She's doing one hell of a job recruiting. I can't wait to see where the program is in a few years. FWIW... I still think we have one season of rebuilding this year but should absolutely be a NCAA regional team.
CalWSportsFan
Thanks for posting this interview. Great to hear from the coach. Looking forward to the season...sounds like things are coming together quite well for the Bears. The program is in good hands.
Schroeder71
The host did a nice job conducting the interview w/ coach Spencer. It sounds as if Chelsea is settled in and looking forward to the softball season.

The interview made it sound as if last season's two frosh pitchers would be the stalwarts entering 2022. It came across to me that the two newbies were not quite ready to face Pac 9 opposition, yet. Spencer did mention favorably the defensive capabilities of the two frosh outfielders. GO BEARS!
puget sound cal fan
Chelsea's enthusiasm is off the charts. That's got to be infectious. Welcome home!
Realtalk
Time to keep this real .. With out a Stadium and Pitching we will never win !
CalFanatic
Realtalk said:

The pitching I agree with. The stadium... meh, we've won before without it. The program deserves a new stadium, however.
SFCALBear72
Realtalk said:

Donate to the stadium fund.
It's coming. Be patient.
coachdeke
CalFanatic said:

Realtalk said:

The pitching I agree with. The stadium... meh, we've won before without it. The program deserves a new stadium, however.

The existing stadium couldn't be in a nicer setting. We can win without; it'll get built eventually.
Realtalk
I have donated for one, Now we are in 2021, Things have changed. Kids want the amenities/environment 1st, Education 2nd. That is the main reason for so many transfers and we cant get one pitcher to come ? HMMMM
Yes, we have WON without a stadium. But then we had GREAT PITCHING.. Do me a favor and ask these young ladies what they are looking for in a school. Because I have asked many. I will be patiently waiting. This is not about anything else but what it will take to get this program BACK,
Ccajon2
The groundbreaking was over two years ago. What % of the new facility is complete?
CalFanatic
Realtalk said:

I have donated for one, Now we are in 2021, Things have changed. Kids want the amenities/environment 1st, Education 2nd. That is the main reason for so many transfers and we cant get one pitcher to come ? HMMMM
Yes, we have WON without a stadium. But then we had GREAT PITCHING.. Do me a favor and ask these young ladies what they are looking for in a school. Because I have asked many. I will be patiently waiting. This is not about anything else but what it will take to get this program BACK,
I'm pretty bullish on our staff in the upcoming years. I think Teperson has all of the tools to be the next great pitcher for Cal but time will tell.
CalFanatic
Unless I am misunderstanding something it appears Amani Bradley has entered the transfer portal on 11/18.

That's a bummer. She struggled a bit last year but is immensely talented.
Schroeder71
Coach Spencer did not continue with Bradley as the starting CF. Early in the season, for example, she was used a pinch runner or pinch hitter. After starting for two seasons under Ninemire, the way that she was treated last season had to be a contributing factor to her departure.
CyBear77
I thought I heard her mention Bradley in the mix for CF when she was talking about outfielders...I'll have to listen to the interview again...maybe Amani changed her mind (being in the portal does not mean you are definitely transferring)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.