Cal Gymnastics beats Stanford

2,405 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PalyBear
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Schroeder71
I watched the entire meet. Cal actually did not perform up to their standards today but it's the season opener. The Bears had two competitors fall off the balance beam and made the final result super close. Stanford performed way above their expectations today and almost pulled off a huge upset. The tv announcers disclosed that Kyanna George suffered a torn Achilles tendon and would miss the season. Also, I noticed Emi Watterson did not compete today as the Cal coaches introduced three new freshmen to NCAA competition. Two looked great but one struggled...GO BEARS!
juarezbear
Schroeder71 said:

I watched the entire meet. Cal actually did not perform up to their standards today but it's the season opener. The Bears had two competitors fall off the balance beam and made the final result super close. Stanford performed way above their expectations today and almost pulled off a huge upset. The tv announcers disclosed that Kyanna George suffered a torn Achilles tendon and would miss the season. Also, I noticed Emi Watterson did not compete today as the Cal coaches introduced three new freshmen to NCAA competition. Two looked great but one struggled...GO BEARS!

I watched as well and the announcers basically said Furd won after their star performer finished on the balance beam. Quite a comeback on the floor exercises, but super tough to win if two gymnasts screw the Pooch I Birne same discipline and you have to take a 9.0 or somthing like that.
HoopDreams
Schroeder71 said:

The tv announcers disclosed that Kyanna George suffered a torn Achilles tendon and would miss the season.

Absolutely devastating for her if true, and a big blow to one of the best Cal teams in years
PalyBear
Cal W Gymnastics bears #14 Oregon State with 11th highest score in school history

calbearinamaze
PalyBear said:

Cal W Gymnastics bears #14 Oregon State with 11th highest score in school history

+1000

GO BEARS!!!!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
HoopDreams
Any word on Kyanna?

HoopDreams said:

Schroeder71 said:

The tv announcers disclosed that Kyanna George suffered a torn Achilles tendon and would miss the season.

Absolutely devastating for her if true, and a big blow to one of the best Cal teams in years
Schroeder71
HD-I heard through the grapevine that she would redshirt this year and participate next year. It's not all bad if that happens because seven Bears graduate this season. We'll have seven returners with experience. GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
Schroeder71 said:

HD-I heard through the grapevine that she would redshirt this year and participate next year. It's not all bad if that happens because seven Bears graduate this season. We'll have seven returners with experience. GO BEARS!
thanks for the inside scoop.

If she is out for the season that is really bad news, but if she returns next year it makes the blow a little softer
Schroeder71
Cal at Stanford in televised tonight at 7 pm on Comcast channel 1330. I have it recorded. GO BEARS!
PalyBear
Love it! Beat the furd again. Go Bears!

OBear073akaSMFan
Their next match feb 12th at home against #3 Utah should be the meet of the year. They look to be getting decent crowds at the meets. Last meet was over 800.
PalyBear
As mentioned. . .

BERKELEY The top two teams in the Pac-12 face off on Saturday afternoon as the 11th-ranked California women's gymnastics team hosts No. 3 Utah at Haas Pavilion. The meet will start at 4 p.m. and gates will open at 2:30 p.m.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.