Pac 12 softball preview (link)...

1,614 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFCALBear72
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What we learned from the 2022 Pac-12 softball season | Pac-12

Can anyone list the recruit class rankings for the class of 2022? Are there any impact transfers entering or departing the conference? GO BEARS!
59bear
A couple (Yanez, Koutsoyanopolis) are in the portal with the latter announced to Tennessee. The biggest hit might be Trisha Ford to ATM. I'll ne surprised if she doesn't take some of the ASU roster with her.
CalFanatic
Let me see if I can locate. I didn't renew my annual subscription. With that said, Cal had 3 of the top 30 recruits. It was either a top 10 class or just right outside.

Outlook wise…we have four all region players returning, 3 freshman who have the ability to be all-conference AND a successful freshman arm in the travel circuit. Looks like her hs team was absolute garbage (nobody could field a ball!) yet she still won utility player of the year for her region.

If we aren't clocking 40 wins and a super regional next year, I'm going to be a little worried. We have so many pieces and a great staff to lead.
Ccajon2
CalFanatic said:

Let me see if I can locate. I didn't renew my annual subscription. With that said, Cal had 3 of the top 30 recruits. It was either a top 10 class or just right outside.

Outlook wise…we have four all region players returning, 3 freshman who have the ability to be all-conference AND a successful freshman arm in the travel circuit. Looks like her hs team was absolute garbage (nobody could field a ball!) yet she still won utility player of the year for her region.

If we aren't clocking 40 wins and a super regional next year, I'm going to be a little worried. We have so many pieces and a great staff to lead.

Looks good, but if there is a girl in the portal who went to HS in Cali, but now is home-sick, or just feels unappreciated on her SEC team, who went 14-5 with a 2.37 era, it's ok if Coach offers her, right?
CalFanatic
Bell crushed it this past weekend at the SoCal Invitational. Zero doubt she will be first team all-state (again) and a starter in the Cal lineup. My question is...where does her glove go? Does she beat out Anders at 3b?

We shall see!
CalFanatic
Ccajon2 said:

CalFanatic said:

Looks good, but if there is a girl in the portal who went to HS in Cali, but now is home-sick, or just feels unappreciated on her SEC team, who went 14-5 with a 2.37 era, it's ok if Coach offers her, right?
I'd be intrigued but we have the state leader in strikeouts and the best pitcher in the state of California in 2023 coming to Cal. That might be a lot of arms.
59bear
Ccajon2 said:

CalFanatic said:

Didn't see anyone in the SEC stats for last season that exactly matches those numbers (Natalie Lugo was close). Do you have someone in mind or is this just your wish list?
Ccajon2
59bear said:

Ccajon2 said:

CalFanatic said:

Didn't see anyone in the SEC stats for last season that exactly matches those numbers (Natalie Lugo was close). Do you have someone in mind or is this just your wish list?

59Bear your detective work is excellent. Yes she's the one. Don't know if she would consider a transfer but here's some reasons Why? *Pitched sparingly in 2022(injury?)
*Lost last two games in regionals.
*Probably has been recruited over by now.
*In fifth year.
Yeah probably just dreaming, but there's over a hundred Cali girls on SEC softball rosters, a certain % transfer back here every year. Remember a couple years ago, we got a pair of low all big10/SEC players.

Intuit
Natalie Lugo - Softball - Florida Gators

Career Honors:
  • 2021 SEC Pitcher of the Week (4/27/21)
  • 2021 SEC Academic Honor Roll
  • 2020 SEC Pitcher of the Week (3/17/20)
  • 2020 SEC Academic Honor Roll
  • 2019 SEC Academic Honor Roll
  • 2018 SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll

As a Senior (2021):
  • Honors:
    • SEC Academic Honor Roll
    • SEC Pitcher of the Week (4/27)
  • NCAA Ranks:
    • ERA 1.74 (56th)
    • Hits Allowed Per 7 Innings 4.99 (61st)
    • Saves 3 (41st)
  • SEC Ranks:
    • ERA 1.74 (9th)
    • Opposing Bat Avg. - .200 (T-9th)
    • Innings Pitched 120.2 (13th)
    • Strikeouts Looking 33 (10th)
    • Wins 17 (T-6th)
    • Saves 3 (T-7th)
    • Starts 20 (T- 11th)
  • UF Career Ranks:
    • Opposing Bat Avg. - .191 (6th)
    • Fewest Walks Allowed Per 7 Innings 1.89 (5th)
    • Most Strikeouts Per 7 Innings 7.42 (5th)
    • Saves 9 (5th)
    • Combined Shutouts 17 (T-6th)
  • UF Senior Ranks:
    • ERA 1.74 (10th)
    • Saves 3 (T-1st)
  • Statistics:
    • Turned in a 17-3 record in the circle in 30 appearances and 20 games started over 120.2 innings pitched.
    • Posted a 1.74 ERA with five complete-games, three complete game shutouts, and held opponents to a .200 batting average with three saves and 94 strikeouts.
  • Notables:
    • In her senior campaign, finished with three saves which is tied for the most produced by a player during their senior season. She joins Stacey Nelson (2009) and Kelly Barnhill (2019) in the category.
    • Named SEC Pitcher of the week when she notched a 0.40 ERA with three wins and 13 strikeouts over 17.2 innings pitched against FGCU and South Carolina.
SFCALBear72
Natalie Lugo is from West Covina CA. New pitching coach Amber Freeman is from Lakewood CA, a short distance south of West Covina. Likely some familiarity there.

Maybe send her an email.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.