Track & Field to Build on 2022 Success with Impressive 2023 Recruits

1,556 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BayAreaClubCoach
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nearly 40 track & field athletes join the Bears including transfers from USC, Princeton and Brown.

Track & Field Adds Massive Recruiting Class for 2023 Season - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)
OBear073akaSMFan
SFCALBear72 said:

Nearly 40 track & field athletes join the Bears including transfers from USC, Princeton and Brown.

Track & Field Adds Massive Recruiting Class for 2023 Season - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)
Thanks for posting! Hugh class with many local recruits! When was the last time we got 3 from Piedmont HS though one is a transfer from Harvard. BTW 2022 XC class has been posted. Good to see Garrett MacQuiddy returning most likely our best distance runner. Was hoping Marea Zlatunich would return for her 5th yr but she is not listed.

https://calbears.com/sports/cross-country/roster
Polodad
I believe this is an unprecedented number of student athletes incoming in one year for T&F. Coach Johnson and the staff can recruit.
coachdeke
The media relations release was a little light on times, heights and distances. Robyn's Johnson would have shared this if asked-kind of fundamental.
joe amos yaks
coachdeke said:

The media relations release was a little light on times, heights and distances. Robyn's Johnson would have shared this if asked-kind of fundamental.
*To our Cal athletics office media relations people:

Please post the times, heights and distances of these incoming student athletes.
I, and others, would be most interested in the good work by Coach Johnson and the team coaches.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
SFCALBear72
coachdeke said:

Overall, I think they did a very good job on the backgrounds/specialties of nearly 40 incoming athletes.

Yes, they could perhaps do a follow-up spreadsheet with times, heights, distances.
OBear073akaSMFan
SFCALBear72 said:

coachdeke said:

Overall, I think they did a very good job on the backgrounds/specialties of nearly 40 incoming athletes.

Yes, they could perhaps do a follow-up spreadsheet with times, heights, distances.

I think most are the true student athletes & most likely will have their books & supplies paid only.
BayAreaClubCoach
It's possible they didn't want to share their best marks…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.