Cal SB-Fall Schedule

2,356 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CalFanatic
Ccajon2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Fall Ball"

Oct 8: Cal st. EB/ College SM. Oct 9: SJS/ West Valley Oct 16: Sac St./ CS MB Oct 23: St. Mary's/ UC Davis.
OBear073akaSMFan
Ccajon2 said:

"Fall Ball"

Oct 8: Cal st. EB/ College SM. Oct 9: SJS/ West Valley Oct 16: Sac St./ CS MB Oct 23: St. Mary's/ UC Davis.
The Oct 8 & 9th games are on the road in the south bay and the other games will be at home.

https://calbears.com/news/2022/9/16/softball-bears-release-2022-fall-ball-schedule.aspx
CalFanatic
Can't wait for the season to start. 4 all-region players returning, 3 top 30 freshman position players and a Big 12 all-freshman team transfer. I'd hate to be any opposing pitcher...

CalFanatic
I'll be missing this weekend. However, happy to give a thorough recap of all other games. Would love a recap if anyone attends the San Mateo games.

GO BEARS
CyBear77
So I couldn't make for any of the Fall ball games...did anyone go to any??
How did the new players look??
CalFanatic
Life got in the way... so I only caught Game 2 last weekend. Surprisingly, heard we dropped game 1. However, you can't really take much from fall ball. People are getting reps, lineups are all over the place. You know the drill.

Tianna and Sona homered. The two freshman saw action in the circle along with Anna. Happy to see her healthy. She had some great performances pre (Ole Miss) and post (u of A) injury. I can confidently say the freshman class lives up to the hype. Tianna and Elon could easily start day 1. Ashanti will see some good innings. She has phenomenal downward movement and throws pretty hard. Sam is tiny in stature. She can't be much taller than another local star and alumni, Vanessa Alvarez. She definitely has some pop in her ball, though.

I am struggling to remember what the other two newcomers did but they definitely don't lack in talent. Johnson is built like a D1 athlete. She looks like she could be on the basketball team.I can't recall seeing Archer or Bishop in uniform but also...we have a lot of players. I don't envy the coaching staff in trying to pick a lineup. I still say we are a super regional team. Not a .500 team.
OBear073akaSMFan
CyBear77 said:

So I couldn't make for any of the Fall ball games...did anyone go to any??
How did the new players look??
I wish I had gone to some games...but forgot all about them. Must be father times catching up with me!
Schroeder71
Did you notice 5-9 infielder, Kaylee Pond, a transfer from Iowa State? I believe that she played 3B for the Cyclones and batted left-handed.
HoopDreams

Schroeder71
The roster seems to be missing #0 OF Olivia Silvestre, #1 OF Amani Bradley, & #14 IF Morgan Zamora. Overall-this team seems loaded with hitting. The only question is the proficiency level of the Bear's six-member pitching staff. Also, how good is Cal's infield defense in 2022. GO BEARS!
BearinOC
Schroeder71 said:

The roster seems to be missing #0 OF Olivia Silvestre, #1 OF Amani Bradley, & #14 IF Morgan Zamora. Overall-this team seems loaded with hitting. The only question is the proficiency level of the Bear's six-member pitching staff. Also, how good is Cal's infield defense in 2022. GO BEARS!

It looks like Amani Bradley transferred to the Minnesota Golden Gophers; Morgan Zamora is now at Georgetown.
HoopDreams
BearinOC said:

Schroeder71 said:

It looks like Amani Bradley transferred to the Minnesota Golden Gophers; Morgan Zamora is now at Georgetown.
Amani was our best player. Not good she transferred
CalFanatic
HoopDreams said:

BearinOC said:

Schroeder71 said:

Wishing her all the best at Minnesota!

While Amani is a fantastic player... all 3 freshman bats IMO are more lethal. She hit .283 last year.

Bell and Butler will have a better BA this year. With double digit home run potential.
HoopDreams
CalFanatic said:

HoopDreams said:

BearinOC said:

Schroeder71 said:

Wishing her all the best at Minnesota!

While Amani is a fantastic player... all 3 freshman bats IMO are more lethal. She hit .283 last year.

Bell and Butler will have a better BA this year. With double digit home run potential.
Perhaps you're right, but she was also a defensive player
CalFanatic
Very valid point. One thing we lacked last year was consistent OF defense.

Should put an *** on my previous comment... as I have no idea if McDade will be hitting as well. So could be 4* freshman bats. Can't forget about the Big 12 transfer too. Regardless, extremely bullish on the offensive potential of this class.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.