Something seems to be missing??

1,861 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Baller4
Baller4
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Top talent coming to play at Cal. Sorry but Rumpelstiltskin(Neu) cannot spin straw into gold!!!

How you liking him now Osodorado????

Schroeder71
Six conference teams are represented in this top ten with Stanford landing three recruits and Oregon State & UCLA tied for runner-up with two each.
Baller4
Schroeder71 said:

Six conference teams are represented in this top ten with Stanford landing three recruits and Oregon State & UCLA tied for runner-up with two each.
Way to state the obvious!!!! Why are these players not coming to Cal???
eastcoastcal
How many more years does Neu have on his contract?
Baller4
eastcoastcal said:

Here until 2024.
Baller4
Baller4 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Here until 2024.The Discontinuation of the program clause still exists in the contract as it did after 2011.
eastcoastcal
Baller4 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Here until 2024.
Recruiting has to pick up and additionally I'd like to see better pen management. I thought it was pretty bad last year.

I doubt there's any $ for a buyout but given the investments made into baseball there should be more success on the field. regionals or super regionals at least.
Baller4
eastcoastcal said:

Baller4 said:

eastcoastcal said:

Here until 2024.
Recruiting has to pick up and additionally I'd like to see better pen management. I thought it was pretty bad last year.

I doubt there's any $ for a buyout but given the investments made into baseball there should be more success on the field. regionals or super regionals at least.
What I don't understand, is that why has Neu decided to keep this coaching staff. They all failed at UOP, so why give Jackson a promotion. They don't seem to bring in the talent. Players don't commit for the recruiting coordinator, they come for the head coach. Seems like they are not coming here because of the head coach, and what talent is the recruiting coordinator going after????
Ccajon2
Baller4 can you give me a few HC from other programs that might fit at Cal? Seem like Baseball is just like Men's hoops as far as any decent coaches wanting to come here. None of the top Big West, Wac, or WCC would want to come here, right?
Ccajon2
I'd like to see Orloff (UC Irvine 122-66) or Checketts UC SB 100 games over .500, but no chance.
Baller4
Ccajon2 said:

Baller4 can you give me a few HC from other programs that might fit at Cal? Seem like Baseball is just like Men's hoops as far as any decent coaches wanting to come here. None of the top Big West, Wac, or WCC would want to come here, right?
You would think a Pac school would be desirable to any good HC in those conferences. However, the dark cloud of program elimination is a clause in the current contract and probably will be moving forward. Neu has it in his, and to be honest, they went after him because none of the names that they had on their list pulled the trigger. I had heard that Checketts was slated to interview after Esquer left, however, he turned down an interview. Why would he leave UCSB, where he is going to get more athletic department support there than he would at Cal. Checketts came from U of O and you would think he would take a chance to get back in to the Pac, however he is having success in the Big West, which not a shabby conference. Sorry, Sterns Wharf and State Street is better than Telegraph any day!.

I have to think other coaches saw what Esquer had to go through at Cal. Especially after the story broke in 2011 that Milano was scheming behind his back to get him fired. Who wants that headache.

eastcoastcal
Why is our baseball program in specific in such bad financial shape? How is it that these other schools can fund one?
Baller4
eastcoastcal said:

Why is our baseball program in specific in such bad financial shape? How is it that these other schools can fund one?
That I don't know, I have to think the football debacle has a lot do with it. But don't you recall 2011 when the program was eliminated? I had heard an interview on D1 baseball where Esquer talked about how he stopped recruiting and was helping his players find other places to play. The amazing part of the story that he didn't promote but Aaron Fitt is the number of players who stayed despite the fallout of no recruiting and it was going to be like starting all over again with program reputation and that elimination looming over the program.

Stu Gordon is the main fund raiser, what is going to happen after he cannot as he is up there in age.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.