NCAA Water Polo Bracket

4,180 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DiabloWags
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Note: Dec. 3rd and 4th Sold Out at Spieker
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
91Cal
Current forecast has rain for Thursday & Saturday...anyone going, be sure to bring your slickers! Bodes well for the last NCAAs in Berkeley when the Bears prevailed in a downpour! Go Bears!
DiabloWags
I was at the last one when it poured cats and dogs.

But I dont think that we are gonna get that kind of rainfall this coming weekend.

Thursday seems like a half inch though.

GO BEARS!

waterbear
2010 was the torrential down pour and CAL lost to sc 12-10 in OT. 2016 CAL beat sc 11-8 in OT and there was no down pour. There was light rain after the game if I recall.
DiabloWags
waterbear said:

2010 was the torrential down pour and CAL lost to sc 12-10 in OT. 2016 CAL beat sc 11-8 in OT and there was no down our. There was light rain after the game if I recall.

I was at the match in 2010 when it poured.

After the match, some friends of mine and I trudged our way across campus over to Jupiter for some beers and chili. The rain was really coming down and just wouldn't let up. We were sopping wet and our sneakers sounded like squeegees. Not fun.

I'll be there this Saturday and Sunday with Cal NCAA Champion Water Polo alum, John Doten '90.

DiabloWags
CAL takes on UOP tomorrow at Spieker in the semis at 2 PM!

Top-Seeded Bears Host NCAA Championship - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

91Cal
DiabloWags said:

CAL takes on UOP tomorrow at Spieker in the semis at 2 PM!

Top-Seeded Bears Host NCAA Championship - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

UOP made the Aggies look like they didn't belong. The shots didn't fall in the first quarter for the Tigers, but they stuck to the plan and ran away from Davis once they did.

UOP's discipline on defense could cause issues for the Bears...hope the Bears don't take the bait and get into foul trouble. Weinberg will be the difference..Cal by 3
Polodad
Bears need to avoid the trap game. They beat UOP early in the season in a close contest.
DiabloWags
GO BEARS!
Polodad
Bears win the semi against Pacific. 16-9.
Bear8995
Polodad said:

Bears win the semi against Pacific. 16-9.
Dominant performance. Defense was outstanding, especially against the power play. Go Bears!
juarezbear
Would we rather play SC or UCLA?
DiabloWags
juarezbear said:

It's hard to say.

In our last match against the Bruins we were 2 goals behind the entire game until we came back to tie it up in regulation and send it into OT, which we then won.

But 'SC could be peaking at just the right time.

They had a multiple goal lead on UCLA for much of their semi-final today, and looked like they had a 5 goal lead heading into the 4th period.

Intuit
Harborview
TheFiatLux
DiabloWags said:

juarezbear said:

It's hard to say.

In our last match against the Bruins we were 2 goals behind the entire game until we came back to tie it up in regulation and send it into OT, which we then won.

They had a multiple goal lead on UCLA for much of their semi-final today, and looked like they had a 5 goal lead heading into the 4th period.

I never ever like to say in any sport who "i'd rather play." Seems to be bad karma.

This Cal team is special, and if we play OUR game, no one can stop us. We're the only ones who can stop us. There aren't many years you can say this, but this is one of those years.

Dominant win over UoP today.

2-0 against and always tough SC squad this year.

I like this match-up for the us. If we focus from open sprint, on every possession on each side, and doing what we've been doing all year, we've got this. 32 minutes between us and greatness!!!

B2B is the stuff of legacies... Let's get this!

GO BEARS!

<edited to remove unintended irony>
Bear8995
TheFiatLux said:

DiabloWags said:

juarezbear said:

It's hard to say.

I never ever like to say in any sport who "i'd rather play." Seems to be bad karma.

This Cal team is special, and if we play OUR game, no one can stop us. We're the only ones who can stop us. There aren't many years you can say this, but this is one of those years.

I like this match-up for the us. If we focus from open sprint, on every possession on each side, and doing what we've been doing all year, we've got this. 28 minutes between us and greatness!!!

GO BEARS!

32 minutes (not 28) but otherwise I feel ya. :-)
TheFiatLux
Bear8995 said:

TheFiatLux said:

DiabloWags said:

juarezbear said:

It's hard to say.

I like this match-up for the us. If we focus from open sprint, on every possession on each side, and doing what we've been doing all year, we've got this. 32 minutes between us and greatness!!!

GO BEARS!

DOH!!!! I'm an idiot... not editing to always reminds myself of that :-) <edit, check that, I just couldn't let that stand :-) >
Bear8995
TheFiatLux said:

Bear8995 said:

TheFiatLux said:

DiabloWags said:

juarezbear said:

It's hard to say.

GO BEARS!

DOH!!!! I'm an idiot... not editing to always reminds myself of that :-) <edit, check that, I just couldn't let that stand :-) >

You maybe many things but idiot certainly isn't one of them. I love your passion for Cal. We need more people like you.
DiabloWags
Bear8995 said:

TheFiatLux said:

Bear8995 said:

You maybe many things but idiot certainly isn't one of them. I love your passion for Cal. We need more people like you.

True Story!

Seize the MOMENT BEARS!

DiabloWags
Game On!

About to ROCK Spieker.

ESPNU at 3 PM.
SBGold
Looks like not our day today
juarezbear
Amazing finish!!! GO BEARS!
Ccajon2
SBGold said:

Hope u didn't change the channel in disgust.

DiabloWags
BOOM at Spieker!

Its a Pool Party.

TheFiatLux
SBGold said:

Um dude,

THE BEAR DOES NOT QUIT
THE BEAR DOES NOT DIE!!!
TheFiatLux
DiabloWags said:

BOOM at Spieker!

Its a Pool Party.

Keep posting pics!!!
DiabloWags
The Toe Jams were pretty smug with a 3 goal lead.
ursa carolina
SBGold said:

I like that this post didn't age well.
DiabloWags

DiabloWags
Champions!

HateRed
Crapola!!!!! I read the score wrong!!! We won!!!!!!!!
SBGold
whew, glad didn't age well. I've been watching too many of our bball and football games
yosemitebear
So exciting. Thanks for a fantastic win and championship and against the Toejams. Wow oh wow!
Congratulations,

Go Bears!
DiabloWags
Winners!
DiabloWags
MVP!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.