Cal baseball takes series from U$C

3,211 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal won tonight against the #15 rank Toejams 7-2. Chris Paul led Cal with 3 hits & 5rbi! Cal record now goes to 33-17. Final 3 games of the season on the road this weekend vs Oregon St. Congrats to the Bears for their continue fine play..... :gobears:
OsoDorado
OBear073akaSMFan;842497813 said:

Congrats to the Bears for their continue fine play..... :gobears:

Yes, congratulations first to the players, but also to Coach Mike Neu for his nice work recruiting and with the pitching staff. It is certainly not his fault that Dave Esquer has neglected several details essential for fielding our best team possible for the regionals.

We will go as far as Esquer allows [U]Neu[/U] to take us. Unfortunately, I doubt Esquer can restrain himself from interfering.

Holmoephobic
OsoDorado;842497834 said:

Yes, congratulations first to the players, but also to Coach Mike Neu for his nice work recruiting and with the pitching staff. It is certainly not his fault that Dave Esquer has neglected several details essential for fielding our best team possible for the regionals.

We will go as far as Esquer allows [U]Neu[/U] to take us. Unfortunately, I doubt Esquer can restrain himself from interfering.

Certainly a fair post without any agenda. I suppose if we get to the CWS it will be 100% Nue and 0% Esquer.
OBear073akaSMFan
Holmoephobic;842498095 said:

Certainly a fair post without any agenda. I suppose if we get to the CWS it will be 100% Nue and 0% Esquer.

Doesn't Esquer get credit for signing Neu as an assistant or was it Sandy Barbour??
OsoDorado
Holmoephobic;842498095 said:

I suppose if we get to the CWS it will be 100% Nue and 0% Esquer.

Right now, our biggest strength is our pitching, thanks to Coach Neu.

Our team has a chance to make it to the CWS even if nothing changes administratively but it will be a lot easier if Esquer allows Neu to make ALL the decisions, including [U]setting the defense[/U] and [U]determining the line-up[/U].

I doubt Esquer has the wisdom to let Neu take complete control, but he would certainly deserve credit if he did.
socaliganbear
Congrats to the squad, let's roll up to Corvalis with the same resolve.

On a side note, I'd be interested to see the program's financials after this season is over. On field success begets success in other areas, and our attendance figures have continued to climb so I'm curious how well they're doing.
DCW67MSW
Do you really believe what you write. Surely the head coach makes out the starting line-up with input from all the coaches. Pitching has Neu recommending to Esquer; give your agenda a rest & lets enjoy the success of our Bears.:gobears:
OBear073akaSMFan
For osodorado, if Bears win he will credit Neu and if bears lose it is because Esquer didn't let Neu take charge. No way will he gave any credit to Esquer!
OsoDorado
DCW67MSW;842498200 said:

lets [U]enjoy[/U] the success of our Bears.

Believe me, I love it when we have a good Baseball team. I want to have one every single year.

The problem is this has only happened 3 years (including this one) under Dave Esquer. In other words, [U]he has sucked for at least 13 of his 16 years at Cal[/U]. Do you realize his career Pac 10/12 record is [U]188-225[/U] ?

Despite this record, [U]Esquer effectively has a lifetime contract[/U] because most Cal Baseball fans seem to be perfectly satisfied -- actually "enjoy" -- winning occasionally.

Both Gladstone and Barbour extended his contract after each of his previous 2 decent seasons. [U]Prediction[/U]: Williams will do the same after this year, even if we get eliminated in the first regional.

Esquer can laugh all the way to the bank because he is always rewarded after limited success and never blamed for persistent failure.

I'm happy we are having our 3rd good year under Esquer, but it makes me sick to realize [U]we could be a much better team NOW and a perennial powerhouse with a decent Coach[/U].

OBear073akaSMFan
OsoDorado;842498327 said:

Believe me, I love it when we have a good Baseball team. I want to have one every single year.

The problem is this has only happened 3 years (including this one) under Dave Esquer. In other words, [U]he has sucked for at least 13 of his 16 years at Cal[/U]. Do you realize his career Pac 10/12 record is [U]188-225[/U] ?

Despite this record, [U]Esquer effectively has a lifetime contract[/U] because most Cal Baseball fans seem to be perfectly satisfied -- actually "enjoy" -- winning occasionally.

Both Gladstone and Barbour extended his contract after each of his previous 2 decent seasons. [U]Prediction[/U]: Williams will do the same after this year, even if we get eliminated in the first regional.

Esquer can laugh all the way to the bank because he is always rewarded after limited success and never blamed for persistent failure.

I'm happy we are having our 3rd good year under Esquer, but it makes me sick to realize [U]we could be a much better team NOW and a perennial powerhouse with a decent Coach[/U].

We all know of your's and other's complaint about coach Esquer. It's old news! So why hi-jack this thread when this is about the accomplishments of THIS year Baseball team? .Your remarks of the team's winning has nothing to do with coach Esquer, makes you sound totally foolish and just sour grapes!
OsoDorado
OBear073akaSMFan;842498508 said:

Your remarks of the team's winning has nothing to do with coach Esquer, makes you sound totally foolish and just sour grapes!

I see. Esquer is in the dugout, ergo Cal's Baseball team wins.

I don't understand your logic since the two events have rarely correlated in the past. In any event, correlation is not causation.

Precisely [U]what[/U] has Esquer ever done to win a single ballgame for Cal? Please give me a single example because I have never seen one. Why should he get credit just for sitting in the dugout chewing gum with his sunglasses on?
ccajon
OsoDorado;842498327 said:

[IMG]

Agree with the kudos about Neu, but I think getting Sanfillippo back as the hitting coach has helped with the production of our frosh hitting.
No doubt Neu is a great pitching coach and recruiter. Maybe Esquer relizes that and has decided to "step back" a bit and let his two assistants
do more of the work. I'm not complaining. We've got a shot at a 2nd place finish in the toughest college baseball conference in the land, which should get us
a top 16 seed in the regionals. We've got 3 solid starters. I'd love to see Jefferies take off in the post-season, and show Marquess what a big mistake
he made in pulling his scholly. Only thing I'm worried about is that #9 decides to retire at Stanford, and they see how great a job Neu is doing and grab
him to replace Marquess.
GATC
ccajon;842498952 said:

Agree with the kudos about Neu, but I think getting Sanfillippo back as the hitting coach has helped with the production of our frosh hitting.
No doubt Neu is a great pitching coach and recruiter. Maybe Esquer relizes that and has decided to "step back" a bit and let his two assistants
do more of the work. I'm not complaining. We've got a shot at a 2nd place finish in the toughest college baseball conference in the land, which should get us
a top 16 seed in the regionals. We've got 3 solid starters. I'd love to see Jefferies take off in the post-season, and show Marquess what a big mistake
he made in pulling his scholly. Only thing I'm worried about is that #9 decides to retire at Stanford, and they see how great a job Neu is doing and grab
him to replace Marquess.

That would be a disaster. As much as I find OsoDorado to be extreme, averaging worse than 6th place over 15 years is pretty amazing. Most coaches don't last beyond 3-5 years with that type of performance.
OBear073akaSMFan
OsoDorado;842498654 said:

I see. Esquer is in the dugout, ergo Cal's Baseball team wins.

I don't understand your logic since the two events have rarely correlated in the past. In any event, correlation is not causation.

Precisely [U]what[/U] has Esquer ever done to win a single ballgame for Cal? Please give me a single example because I have never seen one. Why should he get credit just for sitting in the dugout chewing gum with his sunglasses on?

says coach Esquer...http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210112296 :p
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.