2018 XC & Track recruits

5,272 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Early signing period Nov 8th thru Nov 15th

Couple of XC recruits;

Colby Corcoran from St. John Bosco, Ca. I'm assuming he is the brother of current Bear Garrett (Garrett went to Villa Park HS). He came in 17th in last yr state meet in the 3200. Best time in the 3200 9:07.77.

So excited to be able to announce that i've committed to the University of California Berkeley to further my academic and running career! Go Bears!!!

Trevor Woodward from Centennial HS, Corona, CA Best of 9:11.59 in the 3200 Master Meet SS but failed to qualify to State.

Quote:

I'm happy to announce that I have committed to pursue my academic and athletic careers at the University of California Berkeley! #GoBears

OBear073akaSMFan
Another recruit Sydney Vandegrift from St. Francis of Sacramento. Best times 2:20.98 (800), 4:59.58 (1600),& 10:32.12 (3200).

OBear073akaSMFan
First non XC recruit Jalyn Jackson, East Lake High School, CA . In last year's Cal state meet was 4th in LJ and 2nd TJ. Not sure if he will be a 2 sport athlete at Cal but also played football at East Lake.

OBear073akaSMFan
Another Track recruit Moises Medrano, from Highland HS, Bakersfield, Ca. Best of 1:51.47 in the 800. He was 3rd in the Cal state meet with a time of 1:51.67. Also has a PR in the Mile of 4:13.99 coming in 3rd in the Arcadia invite. Think he is a high level recruit.

Quote:

I am very excited to announce that I am going to continue my athletic and academic career at the University of California Berkeley! Go Bears!!

OBear073akaSMFan
Malik's little brother Hakim McMorris has signed with the Bears. He attended boarding school in Tenn and is one of the top junior decathlete. Like brother he is also a football player playing receiver & defensive linemen.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2017/nov/15/mccallies-mcmorrsigning-california/457068/

Quote:

Signed to the University of California, Berkeley earlier today. Can't wait to work with @CoachNickNewman and the rest of the Cal Berkeley track and field staff

Cal Junkie
Nice to see this - Coach Chas Davis is a key catalyst for the uptick in recruiting, and in the face of (potentially) dwindling administrative support from the Cal athletic department as well.
OBear073akaSMFan
McKenna Brown -Canyon HS won the Stanford invite in the 1600 in 4:47.61 and then in the following week won the 1 mile invitational heat at the Arcadia Invitational. She was 4th in last years 1600. A great get for the Bears!

Bad camera shot at the end but the girl in white, Mckenna was the winner.

McKenna Brown ran a nation-leading 4:49.63 mile FTW in an epic race at Arcadia

OBear073akaSMFan
More commitments :

A trsfr from TCU

All above our middle/distance runners

from downunder:

Finally a sprinter/hurdler. Remains to be seen how well she does here. Born in London & of Indonesian decent.
OBear073akaSMFan
After the Cal's state meet 2 more recruits

Colin Fitzgerald - Crescenta Valley, CA. Made the state meet in the 1600 and came in 13th 4:15.77 in the qualifying heats, just missing the final 12th spot of 4:15.56.

Kalea Ibarra - LB Poly middle distance runner made the 800 finals in the state but came in last. She does have a best time of 2:11.99 in the 800.

OBear073akaSMFan
Future Bear, Marea Zlatunich was selected Parjaronian Register's female athlete of the year.

https://register-pajaronian.com/article/r-p-female-student-athlete-of-the-year-2017-18-zlatunich-ran-to-greatness-in-final-year
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.