2019 T&F signees

6,220 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cal Junkie
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

One of the stars on the Great Oaks HS XC teams. -1600 & 3200. Was 8th in last year state finals in the 1600. Older brother runs at Stanford!

sprinter - qualified in the 200 & 400 at Cal State Meet but did not get to the finals

Horizontal jumper - made state meet in LJ & TJ. Was 3rd in the TJ finals.

OBear073akaSMFan
2 pole vaulters in the fold.

Amari Turner 2nd in the Cal state meet last year. Best vault 12'-10'

Skyler Magula 5th in last yr's state meet with a PR of 15'-10"

OBear073akaSMFan
Nadia Tabrizi- XC & distance runners from JSerra HS downsouth.

https://instagr.am/p/BpyEfwjAQ_-
OBear073akaSMFan
Another Cal recruit Tierni Kaufman -HJ. Was 11th in last years Cal state meet. Has a best of 5' 8". Hoping she improved in her final year of High school

OBear073akaSMFan
Couple of other XC & T&F recruits I found but not formally announced by CAL yet but was posted on other track websites. One is local athlete Cassidy Haskell from Miramonte. Remembered her as an up & coming frosh with her best times as a freshmen, 800 2:17.39, 1600 4:52.29, 3200 10:51.37. Think she was injured for the next 2 years. Hopefully with this year she will recapture her previous achievement, though this year in XC she was only 74th in the D4 XC 'ship. The other 2 performed better at state.

Another Local runner Preston Norris Of Las Lomas. He was 7th in the XC D3 at State. Best of 1600 4:14.85, 3200 9:25.54. Did not make the state meet in TF in 2018, just missing out in the 1600 with his 4th place finish.

Kalinda Reynold (Claremont) Their team won the state XC for Div2. She came 26 plc overall & was the 4th runner on the Claremont team.

Welcome Cassidy, Preston, and Kalinda. See we can recruit from Miramonte!
OBear073akaSMFan
New track & XC recruit Lauren Calcagno from Rio-Americano. Best time in 800 with a 2:15.93

Quote:

"Like father, like daughter I'm so excited to continue studying and running cross country and track at UC Berkeley next year Go Bears"
Picture of her as a youngster with Oski

OBear073akaSMFan
Two addition T&F recruits.

Ismail Turner from West Valley HS, Ca. 200-400 runner with a best of 22.22/47.93. LY made state final in 400 but was DQ'ed in the finals

ShyAnn Franklin -Golden West HS, Ca SP/DISC was 2nd in the state SP last year with a PR of 46' 5.5" and 143' 5". Also played center on HS BB team avg 14+ PPG and 10+ RPG. Don't know how tall she is but definitely could help out next year with the wbb's team lack of post players.
OBear073akaSMFan
Riley Hunt Simi Valley HS has committed to CAL. A high hurdler who was 3rd in the Cal state meet last June with a PR of 14.01.

Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/riley_hunt80][/url]Riley Hunt
@riley_hunt80
[url=https://twitter.com/riley_hunt80][/url]

Mar 24
I am happy to announce that I will be continuing my academic and track career at UC Berkeley and I would like to thank all my coaches, teammates and family to help me get here! Can't wait for what's to come. Go Bears!

Jai Williams Nevada Union HS, Cal. High Jumper with a best of 6-8 in 2017. Not sure of the reason he didn't jump in 2018. This year though his best so far has been only 6-4

Janette Fletcher LJ WildWood Secondary school CAL
OBear073akaSMFan
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Another Local runner Preston Norris Of Las Lomas. He was 7th in the XC D3 at State. Best of 1600 4:14.85, 3200 9:25.54. Did not make the state meet in TF in 2018, just missing out in the 1600 with his 4th place finish.

Welcome Cassidy, Preston, and Kalinda. See we can recruit from Miramonte!
Looks like Preston Norris has changed his commitment & is now going to Colorado St.
OBear073akaSMFan
I believe Natalie Weiner Bronxville HS, NY has committed to Cal. Best of 800 2:17.36, 1500 4:43.96, 3000 10:44.66 (all 2018). From the recruiting site listed as committed to University of California which is normally Berkeley but they have been known to list the wrong campus. Haven't seen it tweeted on CalBears yet to confirm.
Cal Junkie
Cal also picked up Elizabeth Ordeman as a sophomore walk-on from our club a few weeks ago. She is a native of Ohio and ran 17:18.83 for the 5000 at the Mike Fanelli Track Classic in March, then 4:38.18 for the 1500 at the Woody Wilson Invite at UC Davis in April. Cal took her a few days later when her paperwork cleared. She ran 4:40.84 for the 1500 at the Brutus Hamitlon Invite in her first race (it was a little windy) and a PR at the PAC 12 Championships last Sunday in Arizona in the 5000 (17:09.45).

OBear073akaSMFan
Ethan Bersley Thousand Oaks HS in Socal has committed to CAL. Just qualified for state in the 1600 with a 4:14.48
OBear073akaSMFan
Ethan Bersley Thousand Oaks HS in Socal has committed to CAL. Just qualified for state in the 1600 with a 4:14.48
OBear073akaSMFan
Krissy Smoot from Notre Dame Belmont HS has committed to CAL. She will be at state in the SP & discus.

Welovegoldenbears01
Another recruit was Simran Malhotra from Woodbridge High school. She posts an 11.83 in the 100 and 24.8 in the 200, but will primarily do long jump (pr of 18'7) not 100% sure about sprints. Watching her run was amazing considering her form and lack of technical training.
OBear073akaSMFan
Welovegoldenbears01 said:

Another recruit was Simran Malhotra from Woodbridge High school. She posts an 11.83 in the 100 and 24.8 in the 200, but will primarily do long jump (pr of 18'7) not 100% sure about sprints. Watching her run was amazing considering her form and lack of technical training.
thanks for contributing! Welcome to the Bear Family, Simran!
OBear073akaSMFan
Possibly another Track & XC recruit, Arlet Miranda Torres from James Lick. She is probably coming in as a student first and will most likely tryout for the Track or XC teams. She is another one of those Cal athletes who have overcome lots of obstacles to get a full scholarship to CAL. Congrats to Arlet and welcome to CAL.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/06/21/james-lick-grad-runs-through-formidable-adversity-on-way-to-valedictorian/
Cal Junkie
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Time can't be right there.

OBear073akaSMFan
Cal Junkie said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Even though he was 9th in the 1600 Master meet he met the at large time of 4:14.90. In the Prelims at state he failed to adv to the finals but did run 4:15.94. Am I missing something?

Master meet results in the 1600.
http://anet.io/Kpi36JVsa8HgQ63afK
OBear073akaSMFan
Cal Junkie said:

Cal also picked up Elizabeth Ordeman as a sophomore walk-on from our club a few weeks ago. She is a native of Ohio and ran 17:18.83 for the 5000 at the Mike Fanelli Track Classic in March, then 4:38.18 for the 1500 at the Woody Wilson Invite at UC Davis in April. Cal took her a few days later when her paperwork cleared. She ran 4:40.84 for the 1500 at the Brutus Hamitlon Invite in her first race (it was a little windy) and a PR at the PAC 12 Championships last Sunday in Arizona in the 5000 (17:09.45).

Cal's 2020 roster (excluding the income frosh) is now listed on Calbears.com which now list Elizabeth on the roster. She with Ben Harper are 2 from your club. Good to see McKay Johnson listed who reshirted last year. Thought he might have transferred to Texas. Noticed Cal has a income transfer Jaden Rosenthal who was 2nd in 1600 in the 2018 CAL state meet. Any idea what happened to Marissa Williams who didn't run last year. Is she still at Cal? I thought she was a gutty runner & had lots of potential.

T&F roster not normally posted until the spring. Same assist. coaches are listed. Perhaps they should made this non public site until updates were finalized.

https://calbears.com/roster.aspx?path=track
santacruzbear
Is there a reason why Cal's T&F rosters don't list heights?
OBear073akaSMFan
santacruzbear said:

Is there a reason why Cal's T&F rosters don't list heights?
Never noticed until you mentioned it. Looking quickly the only other sports that does not list ht is softball. Anyone knows why? My guess it is in the database but field was made private.
Cal Junkie
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Cal Junkie said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Even though he was 9th in the 1600 Master meet he met the at large time of 4:14.90. In the Prelims at state he failed to adv to the finals but did run 4:15.94. Am I missing something?

Master meet results in the 1600.
http://anet.io/Kpi36JVsa8HgQ63afK

My bad, I misread Ethan's name as a female name. (Hangs head in shame).
Cal Junkie
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Cal Junkie said:

Cal's 2020 roster (excluding the income frosh) is now listed on Calbears.com which now list Elizabeth on the roster. She with Ben Harper are 2 from your club. Good to see McKay Johnson listed who reshirted last year. Thought he might have transferred to Texas. Noticed Cal has a income transfer Jaden Rosenthal who was 2nd in 1600 in the 2018 CAL state meet. Any idea what happened to Marissa Williams who didn't run last year. Is she still at Cal? I thought she was a gutty runner & had lots of potential.

T&F roster not normally posted until the spring. Same assist. coaches are listed. Perhaps they should made this non public site until updates were finalized.

https://calbears.com/roster.aspx?path=track

Denny Rich is also a freshman who ran 15:11.02 at the Mike Fanelli Track Classic in April. His tims (9:30 3200 / 4:30s 1600) weren't impressive, but he's knocking on the door of a 15-flat so maybe he'll get a walk-on bite with so many male athletes graduating. I have him doing a Colorado-style summer of training in order to be strong as an ox in August, come what may.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.