Nathan Adrian has cancer, Hopes to still swim in Tokyo

3,129 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by UrsusArctosCalifornicus
calbearsfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wishing him a Speedy Recovery

http://www.justjared.com/2019/01/24/olympic-swimmer-nathan-adrian-reveals-testicular-cancer-diagnosis/?r=readmore
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

https://instagr.am/p/BtOhZpZBmHx

https://instagr.am/p/Bte2s7rhxuZ
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------

-------

Nathan Adrian Eyes Pool Return; Under Surveillance Plan

-------

NATHAN ADRIAN CLEARED TO PRACTICE, WILL REMAIN UNDER DOCTORS' 'CLOSE SURVEILLANCE' MOVING FORWARD

-------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

NATHAN ADRIAN TALKS TESTICULAR CANCER ON TODAY SHOW

5-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Nathan Adrian gave his first big interview on Tuesday morning since being diagnosed with testicular cancer. Adrian has already undergone treatment and been cleared to return to practice, albeit under 'close surveillance' by his doctors.

Speaking to the Today Show on NBC on Tuesday morning, Adrian was committed to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
"Heck yea, I'm gonna try!I'm trying to get back to the Bay area soon as possible so I can hop in the weight room, so I can hop in the pool with my guys and start training again."

He says that the experience has solidified his relationship with his wife of 4 months Hallie Ivester. "It's been such an awesome melding of two lives into one. When this [cancer] came, it was certainly this moment of 'How are we going to beat this together'?"

Watch the full interview below, courtesy NBC News' TODAY.

https://www.today.com/today/embedded-video/mmvo1448443971627

cal83dls79
I wish him a speedy recovery. Sat next to him in a flight back to Oakland from LA one year. Couldn't have been a nicer guy.
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

NATHAN ADRIAN SCHEDULED FOR RETURN TO RACING AT BLOOMINGTON PRO SWIM SERIES

Just under four months removed from announcing his testicular cancer diagnosis, Olympic champion Nathan Adrian is listed on the pysch sheets for the Bloomington, Indiana stop of the 2019 Pro Swim Series, taking place May 16-19.

Adrian is entered as the top seed in the 100 free and No. 2 seed behind Michael Andrew in the 50 free.

The 30-year-old, announced his diagnosis January 24 and underwent minimally invasive laparoscopic RPLND surgery January 29. He committed to publicizing his treatment experience to draw awareness to men's health issues and posted on social media that he returned to doing light workouts just one week after surgery.

Adrian was cleared to practice in mid-February, with doctors saying the best path for his treatment going forward would be "close surveillance." In late April, he announced that his PET scans came back clean and he could go "back to real life."

The three-time U.S. Olympian has said throughout the last few months that he's still aiming to make the 2020 U.S. Olympic team. He hasn't spoken on his status for the coming summer, where he is qualified to represent Team USA at the World Championships as a relay swimmer and at the Pan American Games as an individual and relay swimmer.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus

Cancer Hopefully Behind Him, Nathan Adrian Focuses On Road To Tokyo Olympics, Promoting Water Safety

--------

A Behind the Scenes Look at USA Swimming Foundation Ambassadors on "Today"

Nathan, Dylan, Rowdy and Simon take a moment for photos in the pool.

Rowdy, Nathan, Simone, Cullen and Missy meet the young swimmers who will be joining them in the pool on the show and take a moment for some photos.

--------

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.