Neighbors Sue Over Proposed Beach VB

1,447 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chabbear
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Neighbors-sue-UC-Berkeley-over-proposed-beach-13611513.php?t=57f4097682
Cal Junkie
Panoramic Hill NIMBYs. Weekly Slayer concerts at Memorial - I can get behind that one. But BEACH Volleyball with 400 spectators max that probably gives struggling local businesses a boost (i.e. exhibit "A" - note all of the shuttered businesses in the Elmwood district)?! Just bugger off with that nonsense.
HoopDreams
for those who haven't gone to a Cal beach VB match, here are some good photos of the current facilities

in the first one, you can see the 'bleachers' A elementary school would have similar seats. Behind the bleachers, you can see the VB 'facilities'. They are pop up tents on a broken down cement foundation from an old building.

In the photo with Knowlton, you can see the other 'seating'

The picture with the flag, does show what I actually like about this location. We don't have Malibu beach, but the evergreens do provide a unique and beautiful setting, that has the character of northern california

The last photo shows the two courts. Foreground is the bottom court. The background shows the second court slightly elevated and facing a different direction

If for some reason that can't build the new facility in the disputed area (the pushback is ridiculous), I think they should build it in it's current location. The problem is access and parking is really bad

No matter where they build the new faculties, it will take time. Until then, come out to a match sometime, support the team, and enjoy the unique Berkeley setting. The team is very good.

Chabbear
Next to the AD are players from the indoor volleyball team.

Go Bears
HoopDreams
Chabbear said:

Next to the AD are players from the indoor volleyball team.

Go Bears
are there players on both teams?
Chabbear
Only one: MIMA
MIRKOVIC
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.