UCSB softball weekend provides 4 games for Cal...

1,329 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Schroeder71
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal won the opener over Bowling Green 11-3 in 5 innings (mercy rule!). Bears were trailing 3-2 entering the B5th
and scored 9 runs while registering only 2 outs. Zoe Conley is fortunate to get the victory. Karlee Sparacino
rocketed her 1st extra-base hit in 17 games, tripling with the bases juiced to break open the game. Congrats!

http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-softbl/2018-19/releases/20190227ug080m

I visited my alma-mater's website and found this (above). I don't know if Cal fans can get the video @ 3:30 this
afternoon or not. Jordan Fines younger sister, Maci, plays second base for UCSB.
http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-softbl/2018-19/bios/fines_maci_hcuo

Go Gauchos! GO BEARS!
Schroeder71
Cal is up 11-0 after four innings in Santa Barbara with 10 hits. Kamalani Dung is pitching the nitecap for the Bears. I cannot get the video. I switched to my backup browser, Google Chrome, but I still couldn't get access to the live stream. It is soooooooooooo frustrating. My regular browser is Internet Explorer 11 and it fails to work quite often on sporting events in particular.

FINAL SCORE: Bears 11, Gauchos 0 (5). mercy rule
Kamalani Dung coasts to the finish line with a shutout! Cal is now 11-7 in 2019!
SFCALBear72

As per Cal Softball on Saturday morning:

"Today's games at the Gauchos Classic have been cancelled due to inclement weather.

The Bears return to action on March 6 in Honolulu."
CalFanatic
Bummer. With such a poor showing by us in OOC schedule, we need these cupcake wins heading into Pac 12 play. Will be too close for comfort being above that .500 mark at the end of the year.
Schroeder71
CF-my thoughts exactly. Next weekend in Hawaii Cal needs to win 4 of 5 or preferably all 5 games. The Bears
face two good softball schools in Hawaii & Southern Illinois plus weaker opponents of St Bonaventure twice & Niagara. GO BEARS!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.