Baseball: Cal plastered Dawgs 18-8

2,331 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by socaliganbear
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Behind 24 hits and 2 homers and led by Eden's 5 hits & Wezniak's 4 hits the Bears beat the Huskies 18-8. . Vaughn was a perfect 2-2 with 5 walks. Cal scored in every inning except the 7th. The winning pitcher was Stoutenborough who went 5.1 innings. Horn is scheduled to pitch Sat. Tomorrow is TBD and with Sabouri pitching in relief tonight my guess Holman will pitch tomorrow. Go Bears!

stats:http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=262353.

Game per TV guide says CAL game will be replayed at midnight on the Pac-12 station.
calbearinamaze
Wezniak's up to .264.

I agree on Holman but think we both wrong last time.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
SFCALBear72
Thanks for the summary. Lots of offense!! Good sign for postseason.

16 runners left on base otherwise we could be talking about 20 or more runs. FYI. Bears were also scoreless in the 5th inning.

Go Bears!!
OBear073akaSMFan
Saw the replay/summary of the "abbreviated" game on TV where they didn't show all of Cal's run. Prior to the game one of the announcers say there were 5 "locks" into the post season -UCLA, Furds, OSU, ASU, and CAL. With the win last night can only help them.

Tonights game will be shown on the Pac-12 network bayarea station. If you have Comcast it is station 433. Game starts at 6pm
OBear073akaSMFan
SFCALBear72 said:

Thanks for the summary. Lots of offense!! Good sign for postseason.

16 runners left on base otherwise we could be talking about 20 or more runs. FYI. Bears were also scoreless in the 5th inning.

Go Bears!!
Thanks for the correction. Was so excited about the outcome of the game.
OBear073akaSMFan
Grant Holman listed as tonights starters. Looks like Selma resting (?) and Smith replacing him. Connor Mack opens in LF and John Lagattuta will be the DH. Kind of surprise Holman who has been hitting fairly well but because he is pitching they will not planning to let him bat.

Game starts at 6:05. Here is the live stats http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=262354
JimSox
Cal wins 4-3
MoragaBear
Staff
Scratched out a 4-3 win tonight with only 4 hits, including a 1 run homer, pitching by committee.

Horn to go tomorrow for the sweep.
calbearinamaze
https://calbears.com/news/2019/5/25/baseball-several-heroes-step-up-for-cal-in-4-3-win.aspx

Does anyone have info on Vaughn's illness?

Two freshman pitchers, Scott and and Proctor, coming thorough big-time after being essentially
horrible for the year, shows that this is a very well coached team.

GO BEARS!!!!!
OBear073akaSMFan
BEARUPINDC said:

https://calbears.com/news/2019/5/25/baseball-several-heroes-step-up-for-cal-in-4-3-win.aspx

Does anyone have info on Vaughn's illness?

They did show him on TV in the dugout, after he was taken out &sitting on the bench. He just looked kind of like a "sick" person. IMO, I think he's just coming down with a bug. After in KO twice in his 2 at bats they just decided to take him out.
GoldenBear1
Vaughn and Horn leading this program back to the tournament and a very strong PAC record must be extremely satisfying for them. No one more deserving.
Get that sweep today.
Should be a #2 seed when field announced Monday, I believe the Golden Bears have earned the opportunity to be placed in a favorable regional/location.
Something special brewing with this team
OBear073akaSMFan
Game will be delayed until 1:05 due to weather. On the on-line stats shows Wash's lineup it has Grant Holman scheduled to play 1st base. Hopefully another rest day for Andrew. Same position line-up as yesterday except for the first base. Meaning 2nd game that Selma our normal 3B is out again. Hopefully he is okay too.

stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=262355

GRRAAH
It is interesting that the poster "Baller4" ( an "Amy " in disguise )is nowhere to be found as we celebrate a terrific season under Coach Neu , and hopefully a fine run in the tournament.

Go Bears! Should be fun!!
SFCALBear72
Saturday's game cancelled due to rain.

NCAA Selection Show on ESPNU on Monday at 9am. Let's see where the Bears will be playing in the postseason.

GO Bears!!

Looperbear
Congratulations to Coach Neu.
I knew very little about him, just that he seemed to be well liked.
I had a chance to interact with him on a q and a and was extraordinarily impressed.
He's deploying advanced Moneyball, doing stuff in college that some major league teams are doing.
Cerebral, will think out of the box. Great fit for Cal, happy for him, Vaughn and everyone else.
MoragaBear
Staff
GRRAAH said:

It is interesting that the poster "Baller4" ( an "Amy " in disguise )is nowhere to be found as we celebrate a terrific season under Coach Neu , and hopefully a fine run in the tournament.

He'd still find something to gripe about, despite Cal finishing with their best Pac win percentage since 1960 and finishing 4th in a Pac-12 with 3 Top 15 teams..
calbearinamaze
GRRAAH said:

Please don't encourage him/her. A couple of weeks ago he/she encouraged me to take a FF.. I was not interested
at the point in time.

On Selma......I hope he's OK.....very important .But JC transfer Hance Smith (now hitting ..163) stepped up with a homer.

This is team that is "fun" to root for.

GO BEARS!!!!!!
socaliganbear
That person is not a Cal fan. They're a fan of the last coach. Hopefully they don't come back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.