Bears to Fayetteville Arkansas Regional

3,193 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by KoreAmBear
SFCALBear72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bears open up against TCU on Friday at 4pm PT
Payback for bowl game loss. Haha

Arkansas is host school.
BearoutEast67
I saw that. I think the Bears can do some damage in that Regional!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
calbearinamaze
Thank you.

https://gofrogs.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball

I predict a 7-4 CAL win with 9 errors total.

GO BEARS!!!!
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
calbearinamaze
BEARUPINDC said:

Thank you.

https://gofrogs.com/cumestats.aspx?path=baseball

I predict a 7-4 CAL win with 9 errors total.

GO BEARS!!!!

That's assuming Horn has a very rare off-day; but Coah Neu does not put someone on the mound who has not
pitched all year. I realize there are too many negatives in that sentence.....but that bowll game was embarrassing.

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/baseball/2019/teamcume.htm

Arkansas is definitely beatable....

GO BEARS!!!!
philbert
Given that Neu has used openers in games 1 and 3 of weekend series, I wonder how this will translate to the double elimination format? Is there enough pitching depth if they fall into the loser's bracket?

It'll be key if Horn shuts them down in game 1 to stay in the winner's bracket.
calbearinamaze
Good points.

Holman started off as arguably the best of many frosh pitchers. He's been DHing, but hasn't pitched
in three weeks. I know he was injured earlier.......

I would say the freshmen HAVE to keep coming through..for the depth.

Aside from that, I'll defer to others

GO BEARS!!!!
SFCALBear72
Holman started game 2 vs. UW. Coach Neu has been limiting his innings of late. That game also featured the freshmen relievers by committee.
MoragaBear
Staff
MoragaBear
Staff
OBear073akaSMFan
Finally a chance to showcase Andrew Vaughn across the country. First time for all of the Juniors to be in the NCAA. Only disappointment game will be on ESPN3. Maybe the 2nd game we will have a chance to be on TV!
calbearinamaze
MoragaBear said:

Moraga,

Is Barstool Berkeley related to drunkoski? Regardless, he/she is really good... or bad depending on
who we want representing CAL at any particular point in time.

Of course, I had to follow up. Even though I tried by best to pre-censor, the censor algorithm got me.
You have to trust me that these legit tweets back at BB.

"There's kids here, guy" (as opposed to "There are")

and

"whatever you say, hoss. But just tell your players we only have two genders for the bathrooms over here. Sorry we couldn't accommodate the third for your players."

are seriously funny

philbert
it's part of this company: https://www.barstoolsports.com/

i don't think drunkoski is affiliated.
calbearinamaze
Thank you. I didn't know that.

As far as drunkoski not being affiliated, I come down with a strong "GOOD".

I've found him/her lurking on a few opponents' boards. He/she is pretty obnoxious and
shows no discernible sense of humor. For even an average trash-talker......that's essential.

OBear073akaSMFan
SFCALBear72 said:

Bears open up against TCU on Friday at 4pm PT
Payback for bowl game loss. Haha

Arkansas is host school.
I hope our Baseball team does better job than our Men's golfing team in Arkansas.. We finished one stroke out from qualifying for the 8th spot. Can't see the final individual results but some of our seeded players struggled through 54 holes which no doubt led to our disappointing 10th place. Top 8 continue with match play.
gohogs14
Trolling is kinda the Barstool network's schtick. I wouldn't take it too seriously. As an Arkansas fan our cleanup hitter and Saturday starting pitcher are both from California so the state has been pretty good to us in baseball.

It's a long trip so not sure if any of you are planning on coming to Northwest Arkansas but it should be beautiful this time of year. We played USC at home last year and their players honestly acted like some of the biggest jackasses I've seen from a visiting team. Must be annoying playing them every year lol
OBear073akaSMFan
gohogs14 said:

We played USC at home last year and their players honestly acted like some of the biggest jackasses I've seen from a visiting team. Must be annoying playing them every year lol
We know. That's why the university is somethings referred to the "University of Spoiled Children"
BearSD
Baseball America is dissing the Bears.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-ncaa-baseball-tournament-bracket-analysis/
Quote:

Easiest Regionals

Fayetteville Arkansas, the No. 5 overall seed, can feel good about this draw. California, the No. 2 seed, has played a lot of premium teams tough, but it ultimately didn't win a series against an NCAA Tournament team. Texas Christian, the No. 3 seed, was the surprise team in the Field of 64, and while the Horned Frogs have some good wins, they also have some bad losses. Central Connecticut State, the No. 4 seed, upset Bryant in the Northeast Conference Tournament championship game and that shouldn't be taken lightly, but the Blue Devils haven't played anywhere like Baum Stadium since their 2017 NCAA Tournament appearance at TCU.
calbearinamaze
gohogs14 said:

Trolling is kinda the Barstool network's schtick. I wouldn't take it too seriously. As an Arkansas fan our cleanup hitter and Saturday starting pitcher are both from California so the state has been pretty good to us in baseball.

It's a long trip so not sure if any of you are planning on coming to Northwest Arkansas but it should be beautiful this time of year. We played USC at home last year and their players honestly acted like some of the biggest jackasses I've seen from a visiting team. Must be annoying playing them every year lol
Gohogs14,

Whether scripted beforehand or an in-the-moment tweet

"whatever you say, hoss. But just tell your players we only have two genders for the bathrooms over here. Sorry we couldn't accommodate the third for your players."

is a definite top 3 among the best/funniest slambacks I've ever seen. ROTFLOL material.

Are you being affected by the tornadoes? (and yes.....I had to look it up to make sure I got the spelling
right ("tornados" would have been, well, bad)
gohogs14
BEARUPINDC said:

gohogs14 said:

Are you being affected by the tornadoes? (and yes.....I had to look it up to make sure I got the spelling
right ("tornados" would have been, well, bad)

A little bit. Missouri and Oklahoma have gotten the worst of the tornadoes, but flooding in the Arkansas river has turned normal 10 minute commutes into 45+ minutes due to bridge closures in parts of the state which may impact attendance this weekend.

I have a co-worker who is originally from San Diego and it's a little funny to see her freak out about tornadoes while she doesn't get that concerned about earthquakes like we do.
KoreAmBear
Man that is some good smack both ways.

We need payback also for you stealing Connor Vanover from us.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.