2020 Track Recruits

10,709 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
OBear073akaSMFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BayAreaClubCoach said:

Anyone else notice that anyone who scored points (or had the potential to) for the Bears in the last couple years has left/transferred sides a couple a throwers? Like Chohan (UT), Coralles (USC), Kettles (USC), Colter (didn't finish eligibility), Kokulati (didn't finish eligibility), Johnson (USC), Martinez (Arkansas), Brendel (Arkansas), I'm sure I'm missing a few? Do the kids know something we don't? I'm rooting for Coach Johnson to replace those points but I don't see it in the incoming class besides a couple throwers. Anyone know of any other recruits they haven't released yet? GO BEARS!
Also don't remember a Coralles. Also missing was Marissa Williams after her soph year. The jury is still on the new coaches recruiting abilities. Nothing from 2020 and the loss of the above athletes is not a good start. Is it the coaches or the potential financial problems with the olympic sports caused by covid.
BayAreaClubCoach
Now Jasher Foster (2019 MPSF 60H Champ, 6th in the 2019 Pac12 110H and 8th in the 400H, 4th in this year's 60H MPSF) is transferring to the University of Oklahoma. YIKES! Zion Corrales-Nelson was 7th in both the 2019 Pac12 100 and 200 and qualified for NCAA Outdoors that year. She also placed 3rd in the MPSF 200 this year and has a PB of 23.16 in that event. Not sure what the issue is...but hearing from current athletes, many feel the new coaching staff doesn't "get" Berkeley. Here's to hoping Corona gives them extra time to figure it out! GO BEARS!!
OBear073akaSMFan
BayAreaClubCoach said:

Now Jasher Foster (2019 MPSF 60H Champ, 6th in the 2019 Pac12 110H and 8th in the 400H, 4th in this year's 60H MPSF) is transferring to the University of Oklahoma. YIKES! Zion Corrales-Nelson was 7th in both the 2019 Pac12 100 and 200 and qualified for NCAA Outdoors that year. She also placed 3rd in the MPSF 200 this year and has a PB of 23.16 in that event. Not sure what the issue is...but hearing from current athletes, many feel the new coaching staff doesn't "get" Berkeley. Here's to hoping Corona gives them extra time to figure it out! GO BEARS!!
Yikes is right! Corrales is a big loss.
OBear073akaSMFan
We have a HT transfer from Nebraska by way of England, Anna Purchase. She looks to have reshirted as a frosh and seems to have 3 years of eligibility remaining. She will join Camryn Rogers (hopefully) our record holder at 71.50. Ana's best throw at a little over 60 meters.
OBear073akaSMFan
Hawa Wague is a transfer from University of Houston. Multi-event and LJ'ing are her events. Looks like she might have 2 years of outdoor season remaining.

OBear073akaSMFan
Another transfer, Abibat Rahman-Davis from Cal Poly. Not sure if a 5th yr or a senior transfer but looks to have only 1 year of eligibility left. She will help in the TJ with a best of 41' 8.5" and a best in the LJ of close to 19 ft.

OBear073akaSMFan
Wow another transfer from Depaul University, Henry Larkin who is returning home. Formerly from my high school Oakland Tech. He was 9th in final CAL state in 2018 and he ran a 46.18 in 2018/2019 NCAA and won the Big East indoor 400 in 2019/2020. He looks to have 3 years of outdoor eligibility left.

Very socially conscience athlete. https://twitter.com/legion1022
bobbk
There is a replay today of the Stockholm Diamond meet. Alyssa M the great Cal 800 runner is an announcer and she is outstanding
OBear073akaSMFan
bobbk said:

There is a replay today of the Stockholm Diamond meet. Alyssa M the great Cal 800 runner is an announcer and she is outstanding
Thanks. Missed the 1st hr but have scheduled taping it when they rerun the meet in a couple of days
OBear073akaSMFan
bobbk said:

Bob

I watched the replay. I didn't see any of the announcers at the beginning like they normally do. Were they not on location instead watching the monitors off site?
bobbk
Like baseball away games announcers were not present. Still she was a breath of fresh air
OBear073akaSMFan
bobbk said:

Like baseball away games announcers were not present. Still she was a breath of fresh air
No doubt about it. I enjoyed her work.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.