CONGRATS TO MARCUS SEMIEN (and Mike Trout)

1,830 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by calbearinamaze
calbearinamaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2862722-mlb-mvp-2019-al-and-nl-award-winners-voting-results-and-reaction
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Schroeder71
Marcus Semien shocked me when he finished third in the American League for MVP! I'm a SF Giants fan so I don't see him play a lot during the MLBB season but I never thought of him as the potential MVP. Congrats!
wvitbear
Semien could have easily won a gold glove. Combine that with Chapman and olsen who won gold gloves, you have won hell of an infield. Plus Chapman won the platinum award for the second straight year for being the best fielder in the American League at any position.

Semien was a terrible fielder when he first joined the A's. But lots of hard work with Ron Washington changed all of that.
gobears
Marcus Semien had good fortune of having Billy Beane trade for him from the White Sox and inserting him into SL at SS with the A's... in that young players can get easily lost in the shuffle and/or discarded...

Getting Ron Washington to return as IF coach to work with Marcus.
perseverance paid off with Marcus being a Gold Glove finalist these past 2 seasons.

A steady improvement in both D and O skills has placed him on MVP podium this past season.

Let's hope the A's Cal connection remains in tact for the 2020 season what with 3 Bears....
Manager, SS, and CF.

goBears

gobears
Both Bears re-signed with A's today, avoiding arbitration.
go A's
go Bears

calbearinamaze
gobears said:

Both Bears re-signed with A's today, avoiding arbitration.
go A's
go Bears

Thank you!

It's great to get any baseball posts here, let alone those with good news.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.