Mike Smith out at Ole Miss Softball

1,872 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearinOC
BearinOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder what happened there. He was on leave for a while. Now he resigns. If it is just a difference in vision with the AD, wouldn't he be an awesome fit here at Cal! I have a feeling it's a lot more serious though.
gmunay
While he's gotten great results on the field, it looks like there's a lot of dirty laundry in his closet.

Suspended twice in 2019 and then he resigns while on his second suspension.

Also, read the comments at the end of this article:

http://www.justinsworldofsoftball.com/news/source-ole-miss-head-coach-smith-suspended#comments

We obviously can't verify if those comments are truly written by former players but he sounds like far too risky of a character to even think about hiring.
BearinOC
gmunay said:

While he's gotten great results on the field, it looks like there's a lot of dirty laundry in his closet.

Suspended twice in 2019 and then he resigns while on his second suspension.

Also, read the comments at the end of this article:

http://www.justinsworldofsoftball.com/news/source-ole-miss-head-coach-smith-suspended#comments

We obviously can't verify if those comments are truly written by former players but he sounds like far too risky of a character to even think about hiring.
Yikes, there are some former players not happy with his coaching style. Sounds like he said she said. I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. I see many coaches with their favorites. Most teams carry 20-23 players. You can only satisfy less than 50% of the players. I cannot attest to any of it but sounds like a "hot potato". Cannot argue with his record though. If you want to win...
CalFanatic
At least it sounds like he cares about results.

Unlike some coaches, who skate on by with no fear of being held accountable by their Athletic Department.
TypiCal
They have 8 players from Cali on the roster. Amazing.

BearinOC
This looks like complete travesty. A parent alleged inappropriate touching for not giving a scholarship money.

google: I can't seem to hyperlink on my phone.

Mike Smith's Ole Miss Resignation Called 'Witch Hunt,' 'Travesty'
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.