Whom do you want as the new Softball Coach?

2,346 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearinOC
BearinOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Based on how our AD has operated in the past, it would not surprise me one bit if he already has someone in mind, if not already hired. Thinking back to our Women's Basketball, Football OC, Men's Basketball, I believe they were hired very quickly. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Here is whom I want. Who would you like?

Chelsea Spencer from Texas as HC.
Jolene Henderson or Christina Thorson as Assistant HC and Pitching Coach.
Valerie Arioto, Danielle Henderson or Haley Woods as Assistant HC as Hitting Coach.
Kobie Pettis and Kylie Reed as Recruiters, Graduate Assistants.
SFCALBear72
Those all sound like solid choices.

There may be some spending flexibility for Knowlton with this hire given the recent generous donation made by Lynda Brothers which will endow softball scholarships along with those in other women's sports.
Ccajon2
BearinOC said:

Based on how our AD has operated in the past, it would not surprise me one bit if he already has someone in mind, if not already hired. Thinking back to our Women's Basketball, Football OC, Men's Basketball, I believe they were hired very quickly. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Valerie Arioto, Danielle Henderson or Haley Woods as Assistant HC as Hitting Coach.

I'd like any of the Alums you list, however they have little or no HC experience. I've gotten to see a bit how our AD thinks:
John Rittman former Stanford HC, who had to leave due to some dispute with players parents. Almost a scandal from what I heard. Went to Kansas, and started Clemson's Softball program this year. No growing pains he's (15-7). Would he come back here to the P12? Dunno. But that's my choice. Have any of us correctly picked any of our AD's hires yet?
OBear073akaSMFan
Another person of interest is Vicky Piatt (Galindo) who has been hc at West Valley College JC for awhile. No better slash hitter than Vicky who was on the 2008 Olympic team!
BearinOC
Ccajon2 said:

BearinOC said:

I'd like any of the Alums you list, however they have little or no HC experience. I've gotten to see a bit how our AD thinks:
John Rittman former Stanford HC, who had to leave due to some dispute with players parents. Almost a scandal from what I heard. Went to Kansas, and started Clemson's Softball program this year. No growing pains he's (15-7). Would he come back here to the P12? Dunno. But that's my choice. Have any of us correctly picked any of our AD's hires yet?
Oh no, I am seeing the teams he beat and lost to. His wins are all expected wins and the losses are to horrendous teams. There is only one impressive win and that is again Georgia. Other than that, horrible record.
BearinOC
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Another person of interest is Vicky Piatt (Galindo) who has been hc at West Valley College JC for awhile. No better slash hitter than Vicky who was on the 2008 Olympic team!
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. I would also love the coaching duo Ernie Munoz and Linsey Munoz Ziegenhirt (both Cal Alum). They run the Lady Magic 18U up there in Sacramento area. Well coached team and they have all the connection in the softball world. My daughter's team lost to them by a walkoff run in a Las Vegas PGF event this past season.
Ccajon2
Courtney Scott. (Diehl) former Cal WCWS catcher has done a great job at Arkansas. Ninemires coaching tree is awesome.
BearinOC
Ccajon2 said:

Courtney Scott. (Diehl) former Cal WCWS catcher has done a great job at Arkansas. Ninemires coaching tree is awesome.
I forgot about her. While the wins are not against impressive teams, she is playing in the SEC. What a difference between Berkeley and Arkansas though in every aspect. I wonder if she would WANT to come back.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.