Breaking: Legendary middle blocker Preslie Anderson announces she is transferring

3,262 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calbears4ever
calbears4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal middle blocker and current senior Preslie Anderson announced on Instagram that she was one semester away from graduating from Cal, and that she would be transferring to finish her eligibility while getting her masters. Big loss for Cal, she is a legend and will be missed. Expect to see Forte and Bergmark as a middle tandem this spring if it's a go-ahead.
SFCALBear72
What am I missing here? Why would you transfer now with only 1 semester left to get your degree from Cal? Will she go to a school that will most likely be playing a schedule this fall?
calbears4ever
She is actually set to graduate this December and will be heading to the other bears (Baylor). I hate Baylor as a school but Pres is one of my favorite players and I know she'll kill it there like she did at Cal
ncbears
Understandable but disappointing.
calbears4ever
Yeah she and Mirkovic are the glue of this team and it's gonna be hard without her. we still have Forte, Grote and Bergmark, but it won't be the same. Bergmark needs to step up and prove that she can form a good partnership with Forte if Cal is gonna have a fighting chance at the NCAA's (if they happen in the spring)
wifeisafurd
Congrats on graduating Cal, being accepted for grad school, and all you did for Cal volleyball. Hopefully, your upward trajectory continues.
calbears4ever
Bears need Mirkovic, Potter, Forte and Lilomaiava to perform well and stay healthy if they're gonna make the tournament (if the season happens in spring). Especially since they lost one of their best middles. Actually two cause Forte is gone now too https://bearinsider.com/forums/5/topics/97502
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.