Kamalani Dung sighting...

1,514 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
CyBear77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was channel surfing between NFL games today and came across the Athletes Unlimited pro softball league games on ESPN2,...it seems that the have been playing for about 3 weeks now.
...Anyway, I tuned in and got to watch Kamalani Dung get the last few outs in a win...It's great to see her pitching again...I knew she had signed with this league, but I forgot about their season (6 weeks of fall ball).
Looking at the player list, and Jaz Jackson is also in the league.
Checking out more about this league, and they have some interesting wrinkles...The captain of each team is a player and gets to manage the team in the dugout (with help from a non-player called a 'facilitator'). The captain makes out the lineup, calls for pitching changes, etc. There are four teams in the league with 56 total players in the pool and every week the four teams re-draft their teams, with the captains choosing the players. There is a base salary of $10,000.00 per player, but season ending bonuses based on a point system. You get points as an individual for hits, extra base hits, stolen bases, team wins, inning wins and pitching stats. I think you also get negative points for errors and negative pitching stats.
I guess I missed the start of the season when I stopped checking out the 'Ultimate College Softball' site when the softball season was cancelled...

Go Bears!!
HoopDreams
I didn't know about the point system, nor redrafting of players

CyBear77 said:

I was channel surfing between NFL games today and came across the Athletes Unlimited pro softball league games on ESPN2,...it seems that the have been playing for about 3 weeks now.
...Anyway, I tuned in and got to watch Kamalani Dung get the last few outs in a win...It's great to see her pitching again...I knew she had signed with this league, but I forgot about their season (6 weeks of fall ball).
Looking at the player list, and Jaz Jackson is also in the league.
Checking out more about this league, and they have some interesting wrinkles...The captain of each team is a player and gets to manage the team in the dugout (with help from a non-player called a 'facilitator'). The captain makes out the lineup, calls for pitching changes, etc. There are four teams in the league with 56 total players in the pool and every week the four teams re-draft their teams, with the captains choosing the players. There is a base salary of $10,000.00 per player, but season ending bonuses based on a point system. You get points as an individual for hits, extra base hits, stolen bases, team wins, inning wins and pitching stats. I think you also get negative points for errors and negative pitching stats.
I guess I missed the start of the season when I stopped checking out the 'Ultimate College Softball' site when the softball season was cancelled...

Go Bears!!
OBear073akaSMFan
There are some players who will be on the 2021 Olympic team ie Monica Abbott, Cat Osterman, & Michelle Moutrie. Thought more of them would be playing i.e. Valerie Arioto & others just to keep in shape. Wonder why she isn't playing.

https://www.teamusa.org/usa-softball/team-usa/2020-olympic-team
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.