Should Cal volleyball opt out of the spring season?

1,531 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calbears4ever
calbears4ever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every single Pac 12 team is back and practicing...except our bears. I understand why Crosson is being cautious, especially since he doesn't want anyone to get COVID. But with the season set to begin in 2 months, and 3 P-5 conferences playing, Cal could be at a huge disadvantage coming in and may not make NCAA's even with Mirkovic, Lilomaiava and Potter. So because no practices are going on for the team (in spite of the basketball teams practicing), should they try to gain ground and make everyone come back this month to practice, or should they just opt out and try again in fall 2021 without their superstar seniors?
ncbears
Selfishly, I'd like to see them get back on the Court.
calbears4ever
I agree. It will be much harder for them to have the same success next fall; as Mirkovic is the most irreplaceable player on the team. Things won't be the same without her
ncbears
Is there any news on when/whether there is going to be an indoor volleyball season? And if there's Beach, which will MM play?
calbears4ever
None that I'm aware of. It's a close call, but I think Mirkovic is very likely to play indoor and go chase 1000+ kills, as she's only 6 kills away from 1000 like I said
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.