Should convicted anarchists keep their Government pensions?

1,564 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now that the DC investigators begin identifying the anarchists who invaded the Capitol, it seems that some participants are past and current government employees, elected officials and law enforcement. Some of these participants would be entitled to keep their government pensions even after conviction. In San Diego we have ex-law enforcement officers drawing pensions after committing multiple felonies while on duty. I imagine that the same will be true when convictions for the Capitol attack begin and the anarchists are sent to prison.

The public should be outraged, but still without an automatic loss of pensions statute, it will happen. Perhaps now is the time to update the law to include loss of pension for participating in an insurrection.
going4roses
sp4149 said:

Now that the DC investigators begin identifying the anarchists who invaded the Capitol, it seems that some participants are past and current government employees, elected officials and law enforcement. Some of these participants would be entitled to keep their government pensions even after conviction. In San Diego we have ex-law enforcement officers drawing pensions after committing multiple felonies while on duty. I imagine that the same will be true when convictions for the Capitol attack begin and the anarchists are sent to prison.

The public should be outraged, but still without an automatic loss of pensions statute, it will happen. Perhaps now is the time to update the law to include loss of pension for participating in an insurrection.

Exactly my sentiments. Now what's next
The genie is out of bottle can we put it back in ?
going4roses
Good start
BearForce2
Yogi_Bear said:

The difference between #1 and #2 is that for #2, millions of taxpayer money and time was spent on an investigation that ended up being a hoax while #1 was ignored from the beginning.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
Which one is number one in your spank bank? I'm guessing the last one gives you all kinds of tingles...
bearister
What the last couple of months has made clear, is that colluding with the Russians is a line tRump would never cross.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
bearister said:

What the last couple of months has made clear, is that colluding with the Russians is a line tRump would never cross.
What is actually clear is that Russia collusion was a hoax that you still hold on to.

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
You shouldn't use words that you don't understand. Unfortunately for you, that eliminates 99% of the English language.
sp4149
BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

What is actually clear is that Russia collusion was a hoax that you still hold on to.

Do you realize that pardon for a crime does not mean it was a hoax, but it does mean you admit it took place.
bearister
BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

I concede that tRump's moral compass won't let him go past the line of insurrection, police murder, attempted hostage taking of opposition legislators and the lynching of his own Vice President.
going4roses
bearister said:

BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

I concede that tRump's moral compass won't let him go past the line of insurrection, police murder, attempted hostage taking of opposition legislators and the lynching of his own Vice President.

I'll say this once again when anybody (white) speaks of lynching anybody (whites) I akin that to surrender because the game is over.
bearister
BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

After tRump became POTUS a bipartisan Senate Committee acknowledged that the Russians interfered in the 2016 Election, that they favored tRump and that people in the tRump Campaign had a 100 meetings with Russians in the lead up to the election.

If you provide me with information regarding what was discussed in those meetings, I'll consider letting the Russian collusion issue go.
dimitrig
bearister said:

BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

After tRump became POTUS a bipartisan Senate Committee acknowledged that the Russians interfered in the 2016 Election, that they favored tRump and that people in the tRump Campaign had a 100 meetings with Russians in the lead up to the election.

If you provide me with information regarding what was discussed in those meetings, I'll consider letting the Russian collusion issue go.

Adoptions, of course!

concordtom
Let's just try and convict them, first.
So far, I don't think ANY justice has been served. Trump has pardoned everyone (save Michael Cohen) and the GOP is never going to bust their colleagues, lest their Party suffer a wound.

going4roses
concordtom said:

Let's just try and convict them, first.
So far, I don't think ANY justice has been served. Trump has pardoned everyone (save Michael Cohen) and the GOP is never going to bust their colleagues, lest their Party suffer a wound.

That's the rub
concordtom
A lot of people at the Capitol were misplaced tourists. I can accept that.
But a lot of them were (obviously) there on a mission to commit crimes - or got caught up in it and committed crimes.

If a person got swept into the Capitol and was just "there" with no pushing and such, I'd let 'em go.

It would be nice if the FBI could break into people's facebook and email, etc (from a hypothetical determination of justice standpoint) to see what was in their heart before they went to DC. If people posted stuff that incriminates them, I have no mercy. I have posted a lot of crap, but I have never advocated violence. It's amazing to me the attitudes of those people. Hand to hand combat whacking police officers? I don't get it. What those people did is otherworldly to me.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.