Cancel culture going after Major League Baseball

3,423 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

MinotStateBeav
How does taking away tax exemptions cancel baseball Okaydo?
okaydo

okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

How does pulling 4 books with racist imagery (of 53) cancel Dr. Seuss MinotStateBeav?
MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

How does pulling 4 books with racist imagery (of 53) cancel Dr. Seuss MinotStateBeav?

Why would I care?
okaydo

okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Why would I care?

Oh, I thought you were against cancel culture. Ever since your post declaring yourself antifa earlier this week, you've really left me confused.
bearister
okaydo said:

So he is reborn as an "influencer" after perfecting "court jester?"

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Why would I care?

Oh, I thought you were against cancel culture. Ever since your post declaring yourself antifa earlier this week, you've really left me confused.
I think you suffered a stroke, you're not making any sense.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Please connect the dots between the antitrust exemption and tax status.

Setting that aside, I'm surprised people like you aren't cheering the decision by the owners to do what's best for their private business interest. MLB determined playing the ASG in a jim crow state in 2021 was bad for business so they aren't doing it. Isn't that the Republican way?
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Setting that aside, I'm surprised people like you aren't cheering the decision by the owners to do what's best for their private business interest. MLB determined playing the ASG in a jim crow state in 2021 was bad for business so they aren't doing it. Isn't that the Republican way?
A jim crow state? lol, hyperbole aside where did I state the MLB had to do anything? I just stated the people they're claiming to protect are the very people they'll ultimately be hurting. I'm all for removing the anti-trust exemption. We're going thru a large shift in sports culture right now, lets stop protecting millionaires. Also I'm not a republican no matter how many times you tell yourself I am.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

A jim crow state? lol, hyperbole aside where did I state the MLB had to do anything? I just stated the people they're claiming to protect are the very people they'll ultimately be hurting. I'm all for removing the anti-trust exemption. We're going thru a large shift in sports culture right now, lets stop protecting millionaires. Also I'm not a republican no matter how many times you tell yourself I am.
Tell us about the tax exemption that is being taken away. Would also love to hear your deep cuts on why you are "all for removing the anti-trust exemption."

Whether you call yourself a republican or not is immaterial to me. Your BI persona is functionally indistinguishable from one.
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Tell us about the tax exemption that is being taken away. Would also love to hear your deep cuts on why you are "all for removing the anti-trust exemption."

Whether you call yourself a republican or not is immaterial to me. Your BI persona is functionally indistinguishable from one.
I mis-typed..it should have been antitrust exemption. Got anything else or is that the big finale you got? You can't distinguish between the two because you spend all day watching Rachel Maddow tongue bathing ex-Intellgence officers for truth.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I mis-typed..it should have been antitrust exemption. Got anything else or is that the big finale you got? You can't distinguish between the two because you spend all day watching Rachel Maddow tongue bathing ex-Intellgence officers for truth.

I don't watch MSNBC. Go back to your fan fiction.
AunBear89
You make bags of hammers feel smart.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
AunBear89 said:

You make bags of hammers feel smart.

...as well as Bags O' Glass

bearister
Trump and Carlson lead backlash as MLB pulls All-Star Game from Georgia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/03/donald-trump-tucker-carlson-mlb-all-star-game-georgia-voting-rights-law?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*I think that one recipe for a successful life is to do the opposite of whatever tRump and/or Tucker Carlson suggest.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/03/donald-trump-tucker-carlson-mlb-all-star-game-georgia-voting-rights-law?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*I think that one recipe for a successful life is to do the opposite of whatever tRump and/or Tucker Carlson suggest.
Actions have consequences. Maybe someday they will figure out that others have the right to respond negatively to what they have done.
bearister
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

bearister said:

Actions have consequences. Maybe someday they will figure out that others have the right to respond negatively to what they have done.

Yes, when you grab'em by the balls, hearts and minds usually follow. If the PGA had stones and yanked the Masters from Augusta, those good ole boys would be screaming like The Devil Went Down to Georgia.
hanky1
BearForce2
MLB cancelled Georgia.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2

Fake news is still fake in the Biden era.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo
This is definitely cancel culture.

AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
helltopay1
The Dentist says to Hank Fonda in the great movie 'on Golden Pond", " I just want you to know that there is only so much that I will take." When the bat s*** crazies who govern our country ( "eat your veggies Joe, and sign the new executive order on this line) persuaded the newest nursing home resident to cancel Georgia and deprive the State about one hundred million dollars in revenue, hopefully at least some yellow-dog democrats will wake up from their 50 year old slumber and say, " my God---it's really true---these folks are really bat s*** crazy."
helltopay1
Dear Byron York: not incredible at all: Lester Holt, NBC news anchor, just stated that, "being fair is overrated." And, this preposterous fraud is the news Anchor at NBC news. In 2016, Lester Holt was accused of giving the questions to Hillary in advance of the NBC debate. So----did he do it?????You tell me, Rusty. Since everyone knows he is a card-carrying lefty, and, since he just admitted that 'fairness" is as obsolete as duels, the question really is...'why wouldn't he do it?"
Anarchistbear
Everything in America is a business decision. Why do people get upset about this nonsense? Be it Kapernick or this; the decisions aren't moral judgments.
dajo9
When you're quoting On Golden Pond. . .

That movie seemed old and out of date for many of us even when it came out.
American Vermin
Anarchistbear
Republicans should fight back by raising the corporate tax rate
hanky1
MLB just moved the all star game to Colorado which has voter ID laws and is far more strict than Georgia on voting. ROFL. Also Denver has <10% blacks compared to Atlanta which has an enormous black population. ROFL. Woke leftsters just punished blacks by taking money away from them and giving it to whites for something they claimed hurt blacks but the city they gave it to hurts blacks far more according to their standards. ROFL

MinotStateBeav
hanky1 said:

MLB just moved the all star game to Colorado which has voter ID laws and is far more strict than Georgia on voting. ROFL. Also Denver has <10% blacks compared to Atlanta which has an enormous black population. ROFL. Woke leftsters just punished blacks by taking money away from them and giving it to whites for something they claimed hurt blacks but the city they gave it to hurts blacks far more according to their standards. ROFL

Looks like MLB found the parmesan cheese stash...
okaydo
hanky1 said:

People upset with the Georgia voter laws: Here are the 16 problems with this new law.

People defending the law: Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID.

Believe it or not, it's not about voter ID. Hell, if it was only about Voter ID, there would probably be little or no outrage.

But Republicans -- and their parrots, like BF2 and hanky1 -- want to make it solely about Voter ID to justify these changes -- even though there was no widespread voter ID fraud of any kind.

Also, really, punishing Georgia for these election laws will benefit Blacks more than a couple days of people in town for the All-Star game will hurt them.

It's shining a spotlight. It's raising awareness. It's the Streisand Effect.

Also, the economic benefits of All-Star games aren't really all they're cracked up to be, as New York Times sports reporter Kevin Draper explains:

helltopay1
Anarchistbear: It's clear you are not pleased with the Country which has given you and your family benefits only dreamed of by inhabitants of other countries. One of the tremendous benefits is that no one or thing is preventing you and your family from hopping the wall and going to a country ( any country) which governs by "moral judgments." happy trails to you....until we meet again.
Anarchistbear
On January 11, Facebook announced that "following last week's awful violence" it was suspending donations from its political committee "for at least the current quarter, while we review our policies."

But campaign finance records obtained by Popular Information reveal that, 44 days later, Facebook donated $50,000 to the Republican State Leadership Committee (RSLC). Facebook routed the donation through a fundraising vehicle that the RSLC set up in Virginia, a state with lax campaign finance laws that allows unlimited direct corporate contributions.

The primary goal of the RSLC is to elect Republicans to state legislatures and other state-level offices across the country. In 2021, Republican state legislators introduced 361 bills to restrict voting in 47 states, according to the latest report by the Brennan Center. (By February 19, just prior to Facebook's donation, the Brennan Center had identified 253 such bills.)
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

People upset with the Georgia voter laws: Here are the 16 problems with this new law.

People defending the law: Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID. Voter ID.

Believe it or not, it's not about voter ID. Hell, if it was only about Voter ID, there would probably be little or no outrage.

But Republicans -- and their parrots, like BF2 and hanky1 -- want to make it solely about Voter ID to justify these changes -- even though there was no widespread voter ID fraud of any kind.

Also, really, punishing Georgia for these election laws will benefit Blacks more than a couple days of people in town for the All-Star game will hurt them.

It's shining a spotlight. It's raising awareness. It's the Streisand Effect.

Also, the economic benefits of All-Star games aren't really all they're cracked up to be, as New York Times sports reporter Kevin Draper explains:

Colorado doesn't really have Voter ID, at least not in the form that all of these disingenuous republicans are claiming. It's consistently one of the highest turnout states (including among black citizens) and does a lot to provide access to voting, including by allowing anyone to vote by mail.

Here's the list of valid ID that Colorado allows:
  • A valid Colorado driver's license or valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue. (Note: documents issued to not lawfully present and temporarily lawfully present individuals under Part 5 of Article 2 of Title 42, C.R.S. are not acceptable forms of identification.)
  • A valid U.S. passport.
  • A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. government or of Colorado, or by any county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of Colorado.
  • A valid pilot's license issued by the federal aviation administration or other authorized agency of the U.S.
  • A valid U.S. military identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector.
  • A copy of a current (within the last 60 days) utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector.
  • A Certificate of Degree of Indian or Alaskan Native Blood.
  • A valid Medicare or Medicaid card issued by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
  • A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate for the elector.
  • Certified documentation of naturalization.
  • A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado, as defined in section 23-3.1-102(5), C.R.S..
  • A valid veteran identification card issued by the U.S. department of veterans affairs veterans health administration with a photograph of the eligible elector.
  • A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership.

You can vote with a utility bill, bank statement or paycheck. People who are parroting the disingenuous claims that Colorado's laws are worse or comparable to Georgia are either idiots, liars or can't be bothered to do any research. Perhaps all three with some of the posters here.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.