Poll: How to Break Sybil's Cycle?

1,030 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's start with the premise, which may be completely wrong, that Sybil would prefer to post from one consistent handle. Which of the following options would be the best way for that to happen?
B.A. Bearacus
A. Let Sybil use one account with the understanding that moderators should not be able to moderate that account in any way.
B.A. Bearacus
B. Let Sybil continue this daily cycle with BearGreg for many more years.
B.A. Bearacus
C. Let Sybil do a hard reset by not posting on BI for the entire month of May. Starting in June, Sybil can come back with a new handle and express his views, but within the rules of the site.
Yogi361
D. B.A. Bearacus doesn't get to make the rules for the site, which is why A and C aren't options
AunBear89
E. YogiHydraSockPuppet can keep creating racist and offensive sock puppets that get killed within a day but he keeps telling himself he's getting the attention he desperately craves.
Unit2Sucks
One answer I've suggested is to impose a delay (say 6 months or 100 posts) before you can post in OT. I'm not sure whether that is supported by BI's software but I'm fairly confident it would work.

The other answer is for people to adopt a zero engagement policy. I block and don't engage. No issues here.
Big C

F. Stop obsessing over posters' identities and let each post rise or fall according to its own merits.
B.A. Bearacus
I envy you. You have a high tolerance for spam. You probably assess every call from a telemarketer on its merits. Use that power for good.
Big C

I don't love Spam as much as many Hawaiians do!
bearister
Big C said:

I don't love Spam as much as many Hawaiians do!

Spam - Monty Python's Flying Circus - video Dailymotion

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hwqlw

*Watching this just now I still belly laugh thinking about the fact I was unable to breathe the first time I watched it close to 50 years ago. It is objectively not very funny (just plain silly and goofy) but I was probably high at the time....like the guys that wrote and performed in the skit.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.