Fox News says quiet part out loud

5,560 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A distinction without a difference really. The park was violently cleared and then Trump came out and did a photo op.
American Vermin
AunBear89
WOW - you are such an edgy anarchist!

I bet you wear these all the time to show just how anarchistic you are:

And drink your double decaf soy latte out of one of these:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
going4roses
Lol
sycasey
dajo9 said:

A distinction without a difference really. The park was violently cleared and then Trump came out and did a photo op.
Yeah, as noted I'm not sure what Loesch thinks the media "lied" about here. Those things did happen and were reported on. If the various agencies want to later clarify what orders were given when, that's fine, but the original reporting doesn't necessarily constitute a lie.

I also think it's a bit funny that conservatives want to take this IG report purely at face value when their entire problem with reporting on the Jan 6 Capitol Riot comes from bad information that the Capitol Police passed along to the media. So are statements from law-enforcement organizations trustworthy or not?
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Yeah, as noted I'm not sure what Loesch thinks the media "lied" about here. Those things did happen and were reported on. If the various agencies want to later clarify what orders were given when, that's fine, but the original reporting doesn't necessarily constitute a lie.

I also think it's a bit funny that conservatives want to take this IG report purely at face value when their entire problem with reporting on the Jan 6 Capitol Riot comes from bad information that the Capitol Police passed along to the media. So are statements from law-enforcement organizations trustworthy or not?
Reporting from the U.S. Government that they like is immediately accepted. Reporting from the U.S. Government they don't like must be validated by Vladimir Putin before it is accepted.
American Vermin
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

So when I saw on tv that the police cleared Lafayette Park with tear gas and then Trump held a press conference there, what was what? A theater with actors?

Lafayette Park was another lie. Do you really want to hold onto this too?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo

BearForce2

Blue Anon left wing conspiracy theories pushed by the mainstream propaganda media machine.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
QAnon right wing conspiracy theories pushed by the mainstream propaganda media machine.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
AunBear89 said:

WOW - you are such an edgy anarchist!

I bet you wear these all the time to show just how anarchistic you are:

And drink your double decaf soy latte out of one of these:

Anarchism means quoting the official government report without criticism.
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

So when I saw on tv that the police cleared Lafayette Park with tear gas and then Trump held a press conference there, what was what? A theater with actors?

Are you saying Trump didn't hold a press conference there right after police violently cleared it of protesters?
American Vermin
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

Are you saying Trump didn't hold a press conference there right after police violently cleared it of protesters?

Police cleared violent protestors.
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
Is this the thread where we discuss Don McGahn and Trump's lies about not asking him to fire Mueller?

BearForce2
Did you just quote the great liar that is Ted Lieu? Maybe Matt Taibbi is right, it's not all the media's fault, it's also your fault for wanting to be lied to.
Anarchistbear
Impeachment 3: The Empire Strikes Back
dajo9
I guess it would be inconvenient to talk about okaydo's post about the Secret Service involvement
American Vermin
sycasey
BlueAnon said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

Taibbi and Greenwald now taking official government reports at face value, I see. So much for anti-establishment journalism.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

Imagine how much damage Hunter Biden could cause from his current position doing . . . nothing in particular.

Using the N word is less damaging when you're unemployed?
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

Did you just quote the great liar that is Ted Lieu? Maybe Matt Taibbi is right, it's not all the media's fault, it's also your fault for wanting to be lied to.

Imagine calling Ted Lieu a liar and believing in Trump
American Vermin
dajo9
BlueAnon said:

dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

Imagine still believing in Russiagate in 2021

Imagine not believing Trump Team / Russia collusion has been proven because the Russian spy said so
American Vermin
dajo9
American Vermin
BearForce2
Julia Davis has TDS. But anyways, she seems to see Russia as a threat. But Biden told the military yesterday of all people that the greatest security threat to our country is not Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, or radical Islamic terrorism, but.....global warming.
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

BearForce2 said:

bearister
You know, the more you think about it, tRump really was small handed victim.

*The ironic part about all his belly aching is that it would have been very easy to have prevented tRump from rigging the 2016 Election, but they let him do it. The amusing part about tRump's attempt to rig the 2020 Election is that he was pretty sure if he "found" 10 to 11 million more votes than in 2016, he would clear the bar by an easy margin. Oops!
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
concordtom
Big C said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Hunter is a POS but he's not involved in politics or the administration. Not that he's not fair game for criticism, but why should we care? No one is defending him or supporting his BS.

Contrast him with Trump Jr who is also a POS but completely in lack of self awareness. Jr also acts as an attack dog for his POS father and is an active participant in Republican politics, outrage machine and grievance culture.

Hunter is a sad sack with severe problems who is more likely to commit suicide. Jr is a malevolent dips-hit more likely to commit domestic violence or turn into OJ. Pretty clear which one fell closer to the tree.

Not that I lie awake at night worrying about the possibility, but as long as Don Jr. is with that Kimberly G, he's probably more likely to be on the receiving end of the domestic violence, not the committing end. I could see that wimp cowering before her.
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

hanky1 said:

And yet you sheep continue to listen and worship at the alter without any questions whatsoever.

This sheep is questioning the alter you worship at.

I don't question it.

https://ia800702.us.archive.org/BookReader/BookReaderImages.php?zip=/15/items/treatmentofinsan00galtuoft/treatmentofinsan00galtuoft_jp2.zip&file=treatmentofinsan00galtuoft_jp2/treatmentofinsan00galtuoft_0007.jp2&id=treatmentofinsan00galtuoft&scale=8&rotate=0
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

IG Report

On the morning of June 1, the Secret Service procured antiscale fencing to establish a more secure perimeter around Lafayette Park that was to be delivered and installed that same day. The USPP, in coordination with the Secret Service, determined that it was necessary to clear protesters from the area in and around the park to enable the contractor's employees to safely install the fence. The USPP planned to implement the operation as soon as the fencing materials and sufficient law enforcement officers arrived at the park. Six other law enforcement agencies assisted the USPP and the Secret Service in the operation to clear and secure areas near the park.

The operation began at 6:23 p.m. and was completed by 6:50 p.m. Shortly thereafter, at 7:01 p.m., President Trump walked from the White House through Lafayette Park to St. John's Church. At 7:30 p.m., the contractor began assembling and installing the antiscale fence and completed the work by approximately 12:30 a.m. on June 2.

We found that the USPP had the authority and discretion to clear Lafayette Park and the surrounding areas on June 1. The evidence we obtained did not support a finding that the USPP cleared the park to allow the President to survey the damage and walk to St. John's Church. Instead, the evidence we reviewed showed that the USPP cleared the park to allow the contractor to safely install the antiscale fencing in response to destruction of property and injury to officers occurring on May 30 and 31. Further, the evidence showed that the USPP did not know about the President's potential movement until mid- to late afternoon on June 1hours after it had begun developing its operational plan and the fencing contractor had arrived in the park.
I'll tell you what happened.
Trump saw the protestors outside the WH and was ranting about getting them the hell out of there.
As soon as the fencing materials arrived, he said, "good, start clearing the area." When he saw that PP were wasting time waiting for the right time and manner to clear the park, Trump went ballistic inside the WH and said, "I'll show you how to do it!" He then got his secret service folks gathered and said, "I'm going over to that church. YOU need to clear me a path - NOW!"

After he returned to the WH after the photo shoot, he barked at the PP and said, "There! Now you can build your f**cking fence!"

"Real power is, I don't even want to use the word: 'Fear.'" This quotation of President Trump talking to Bob Woodward, and became inspiration for his book title.

And hey, if he couldn't build a wall, he wanted to show he could at least build a fence.

concordtom
And that explains why he looked pissed off and unsaintly immediately afterwards.

Unit2Sucks
EDIT: This post wasn't properly vetted enough. My bad for posting fake news.

So much for that much ballyhooed IG report. Now that it's over we can all have a good laugh about the fact that Trump tear gassed peaceful protesters and lied about it repeatedly and that people defended those lies.

I suppose it's possible Meadows is lying now. We will have to wait to see what Trump tells him to say publicly and for Meadows to retrospectively call this fake news like with the COVID test.

Quote:

Former President Donald Trump ordered his staff to "bust some heads and make some arrests" in order to clear out Black Lives Matter protesters surrounding the White House in summer 2020, according to a book by his former chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Trump reportedly gave the order following his June 1st address to the nation regarding the protests and riots sparked nationwide after former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd.

The former president walked from the White House to St. John's Episcopal Church that same day, as protesters were cleared from Lafayette Park just before his now-infamous Bible stunt.
In his new memoir The Chief's Chief, Meadows wrote that Trump was "growing anxious" while "upstairs in the Residence" that day, adding, "He had given an order for the park to be cleared, and it was not being followed."

"The various law enforcement agencies that were supposed to be under the command of [former Attorney General] Bill Barr were clearly not communicating with one another, and it did not seem that a single arrest had yet been made," added the former chief of staff.

Meadows went on to reveal that he called Trump to alert him of a "situation" near the White House, telling the former president that protesters were "trying to tear down statues and vandalizing the park."
"I assume that we have the authority to deploy whatever law enforcement is necessary to fix this?'"
Meadows asked Trump, recounting the conversation. "President Trump had had enough. 'Not only do you have the authority,' he said. 'I want you to go out there and bust some heads and make some arrests. We need to restore order.'"
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

So much for that much ballyhooed IG report. Now that it's over we can all have a good laugh about the fact that Trump tear gassed peaceful protesters and lied about it repeatedly and that people defended those lies.

I suppose it's possible Meadows is lying now. We will have to wait to see what Trump tells him to say publicly and for Meadows to retrospectively call this fake news like with the COVID test.

Quote:

Former President Donald Trump ordered his staff to "bust some heads and make some arrests" in order to clear out Black Lives Matter protesters surrounding the White House in summer 2020, according to a book by his former chief of staff Mark Meadows.

Trump reportedly gave the order following his June 1st address to the nation regarding the protests and riots sparked nationwide after former Minneapolis police Officer Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd.

The former president walked from the White House to St. John's Episcopal Church that same day, as protesters were cleared from Lafayette Park just before his now-infamous Bible stunt.
In his new memoir The Chief's Chief, Meadows wrote that Trump was "growing anxious" while "upstairs in the Residence" that day, adding, "He had given an order for the park to be cleared, and it was not being followed."

"The various law enforcement agencies that were supposed to be under the command of [former Attorney General] Bill Barr were clearly not communicating with one another, and it did not seem that a single arrest had yet been made," added the former chief of staff.

Meadows went on to reveal that he called Trump to alert him of a "situation" near the White House, telling the former president that protesters were "trying to tear down statues and vandalizing the park."
"I assume that we have the authority to deploy whatever law enforcement is necessary to fix this?'"
Meadows asked Trump, recounting the conversation. "President Trump had had enough. 'Not only do you have the authority,' he said. 'I want you to go out there and bust some heads and make some arrests. We need to restore order.'"

Can't wait for Glenn Greenwald and Matt Taibbi to own up to their mistakes on this one!
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Hmm . . . looks like this Rolling Stone article may be wrong.

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quote:

Hmm . . . looks like this Rolling Stone article may be wrong.

Yup, I worried about the sourcing so I looked elsewhere. The Mediaite article I quoted has a correction as well:

Quote:

Correction: A previous version of this story, based on reporting from The Independent, inaccurately stated that Donald Trump's call to "bust some heads and make some arrests" referred to protests in Lafayette Square in June 1, 2020. A review of Mark Meadows's book revealed Trump's comment referred to different protests on June 22.
My bad for posting something that wasn't vetted properly.
DiabloWags
Fake News said:

Your capacity to be lied to by sources you don't even know is truly remarkable, resistance liberals. All they have to do is type Trump and some bad thing and you automatically fall for it.

Every time.

When I think of honesty . . . for some reason the Orange **** Stain doesnt show up in my brain.

150,000 unvaccinated Americans have died from Covid since JUNE of this year.

I call that "thinning" the Faux News, Newsmax, and OAN herd.

GO TRUMP GO!

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.