Giant middle finger to SCOTUS and the Constitution

765 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Joe Biden has just given SCOTUS and the Constitution a giant middle finger.
Just thge other day, SCOTUS ruled that the Biden Admin ( CDC) does not have the authority to extend an eviction moratorium on renters unwilling to pay their rents.
Biden admitted in public that the Constitution did not allow him to circumvent the recent Us Suprewme Court ruling...He then said, in effect, I don't care...I'm going to allow the moratorium to continue. when he said and did that, he automatically forfeited his authority to govern.
He allowed the CDC director to effectively suspend private property as well as contract obligations on business owners.

The job of the CDC is to gather public health information, and, then, inform the American people of the public health findings.

Not anymore!!!The CDC director, who was not elected and who has no jurisdiction beyond the purpose of the CDC, has just told property owners that they must not ask renters for rent.

Is this a movie????

Is this a comic book???

No...It is the Biden Admin transforming our Country from a nation of laws to a nation of men

Republicans and honest Democrats (ha) need to inform mr. Biden that he CANNOT do this under our Constitution, and, if he persists, impeachment is the only REMEDY!!!
BearForce2

The Biden administration isn't interested in the Constitution, the country, Covid, black people, global warming, or the economy as much as they are interested in power. These fascists say, make Democrats great again so they can stay in power and rake in Nancy money. Hey, big birthday bash at Barry's this weekend.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
Didn't Ted Cruz' dad kill JFK?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
helltopay1
My roommate at GWU passed Oswald many times on the sidewalks
of New Orleans..
My personal guess?????The new Orleans mob , which hated Kennedy for his betrayal, hired Oswald to do the deed...Ruby, who also had ties to the new Orleans mob, was then hired to do the deed on Oswald. other possibilities are just as plausible, including the possibility that Oswald acted alone and killed Kennedy because he loved communism and saw Kennedy as a threat to Cub a, etc. Oswald clearly also had Soviet ties..Spent time in Russia..

and, we haven't even discussed Jack, Bobby and Marylin and Dorothy Killgallen, the famous columnist..
Marylin was doing the bouncies with both Jack and Bobby. She became inc teasingly unstable and suicidal. She was angry with both Jack and Bobby and had lots of secrets ( besides the bouncies) which could have easily destroyed both their careers. And, then, one magic day, ...let's just say, she wasn't doing the bouncies anymore....Dorothy Killgallen was in her prime...had a lot of secret info about both Jack and Bobby relayed to her by her friend, Marylin...And, then, one magic day, Dorothy , soon after Marylin, stopped doing any bounces either...( natural death)

Am I suggesting anything here???Not necessarily. I just know for a fact that when very powerful people are threatened with a terrible scandal which could ruin their careers and families forever...well, let's just say many tempting thoughts pass through their heads..

have other historical leaders succumbed to the above temptation?????Only about 7,873,798 times in recorded history

human nature does not change. Circumstances do.
okaydo
helltopay1
ok...are you part of the American imperial machine????Are you a privileged white supremacist???If not...why not????If yes, what specific sacrifices are you prepared to make up for your transgressions, and, of course, the transgressions of your parents and grandparents??How about your kids???Your wife???Are they transgressors also????What are you prepared to do about your wife and kids?????Are you part of the oppressor class or are you somehow oppressed despite the feeling that you are a pretty rich white dude?????
helltopay1
Also....Biden did "not push the legal envelope." He willfully broke the law as well as constitutional norms. Please see the recent Supreme Court decision. our foundation is the separation of powers. Clearly, the Supreme Court needs to weigh in..this is a constitutional crisis. The open borders is also a constitutional crisis. Allowing 7,000 covid positive folks into Texas and then sending them around the Country is also a constitutional crises...You want anarchy in this country?????Some Democrats have integrity....are you one of them???Please explain your legal positions...
bearister
The Kennedys are a disgrace to the Irish with regard to their personal lives. Bums.
helltopay1
I twig that you are from the old sod..What is your relationship with the demon rum???
bearister
2nd Generation American. One tall Guinness can before dinner. I have the pint glass too.

For the first taste, hold your breath, take a large sip, swallow, then exhale. You will taste all the flavors in the Guinness.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
Notwithstanding the fact that many conservatives don't believe that anything is impeachable, to me this is actually fairly close to the line. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the original CDC eviction moratorium or the modified one that went into place, but from my perspective this sort of gamesmanship should be unacceptable.

Of course this isn't the first time we've seen something like this. A lot of conservatives like to point to DACA, but unlike here there was no direct precedent and the court has since ruled in favor of dreamers. The Muslim ban overreach is in the ballpark as well. Of course, people like htp1 would never have considered the Muslim ban to be impeachable, but I think it's quite similar to what we've seen here.

Of all the things that conservatives have complained about with Biden, this is the one that I think is quite legitimate. I say this as someone with no skin in the game. I'm not a landlord, not friends with landlords, nor am I a renter who would benefit from the moratorium. Honestly I think an impeachment here with competent lawyers on both sides would be a fruitful discussion for our country. Executive overreach combined with the overt politicization of the SCOTUS means that these sorts of conflicts will arise more and more often. I think congress needs to assert itself and we need meaningful guard rails to prevent abuse. If we learned one thing from the Trump administration, it's that norms aren't enough any more.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.