Exactly how much money was wasted for the failed recall?

1,908 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by oski003
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some peoples priorities are really efffed up

All that money down the drain … was there nothing else that money could be spent on ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
okaydo
concordtom
Time for cA to eliminate this nonsense process.

GOP guilty last two times I'm aware of.
bearister
okaydo said:

Failed Recall of Gavin Newsom Cost California Taxpayers $276 Million

https://www.newsweek.com/failed-recall-gavin-newsom-cost-california-taxpayers-276-million-1629191

John Cox' wife sustained lacerations and contusions from the bear.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
MinotStateBeav
That money was better spent then dinners at the French Laundry.
going4roses
Mmm kay
AunBear89

Which one is Minot?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
MinotStateBeav
AunBear89 said:

Which one is Minot?
Ask your mom.
bearister
Figure now is over $300,000,000. F@uck the Republicans behind this.
BearForce2
bearister said:

Figure now is over $300,000,000. F@uck the Republicans behind this.

The Democrats could have used that money to clean the sh*t off the streets of S.F.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
helltopay1
So...Bearister and Roses and Aunt; Did you vote for the White man or the black man??

White man???No more lectures on racism, s'l vous plait. That's Swahili for get that racist s*** out of here. You have been outed. Should have stayed in the closet.
bearister
With regard to the two White men of which you speak, I voted No on the recall.
AunBear89
MinotStateBeav said:

AunBear89 said:

Which one is Minot?
Ask your mom.

She hates the Three Stooges. I'll ask yours instead - and I'll use short words so she can understand.

(I thought you had me on ignore, snowflake.)
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
bearister said:

With regard to the two White men of which you speak, I voted No on the recall.
How do you know Gavin is white?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
helltopay1
I see.. if a black man/woman is a conservative, they are automatically frauds. You cannot possibly be a conservative if you are black...why stop there???If you are Hispanic, you can't possibly be a conservative??If you are Asian, you cannot be a conservative???If you are Buddist, you can't be a conservative??If you are a Lesbian, you cannot be a conservative??If you are a male homosexual, you can't be a conservative??If you are bi-racial, you can't be a conservative??If you are Catholic, you can't be a conservative??If you are aBaptist, you can't be a conservative?? If you read Mark Twain, you can't be a conservative??If you are a poet, you can't be a conservative??If you are a Historian, you can't be a conservative???

You got your Law Degree from a lottery drawing or did a relative excel in printing fake documents??
I know fifth graders who would be appalled by your "thinking" processes. Luckily for you, MRI'S are now readily available.
AunBear89
bearister
helltopay1 said:

I see.. if a black man/woman is a conservative, they are automatically frauds. You cannot possibly be a conservative if you are black...why stop there???If you are Hispanic, you can't possibly be a conservative??If you are Asian, you cannot be a conservative???If you are Buddist, you can't be a conservative??If you are a Lesbian, you cannot be a conservative??If you are a male homosexual, you can't be a conservative??If you are bi-racial, you can't be a conservative??If you are Catholic, you can't be a conservative??If you are aBaptist, you can't be a conservative?? If you read Mark Twain, you can't be a conservative??If you are a poet, you can't be a conservative??If you are a Historian, you can't be a conservative???

You got your Law Degree from a lottery drawing or did a relative excel in printing fake documents??
I know fifth graders who would be appalled by your "thinking" processes. Luckily for you, MRI'S are now readily available.

If you are a dumbf@ck dying in a Covid ward because you didn't get vaxxed or take other precautions like wear a mask or socially distance because you believe that Covid stats are inflated so that hospitals can fraudulently get government reimbursement then you can be a tRump Conservative.
going4roses
Can the Op get a few more stars
bearister
bearister said:

okaydo said:

Failed Recall of Gavin Newsom Cost California Taxpayers $276 Million

https://www.newsweek.com/failed-recall-gavin-newsom-cost-california-taxpayers-276-million-1629191

John Cox' wife sustained lacerations and contusions from the bear.

And John Cox is pregnant.

Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

No more lectures on racism, s'l vous plait. That's Swahili for get that racist s*** out of here.
What do you think you are trying to accomplish here?
going4roses
going4roses
Lol … yeah he is gone gone
oski003
going4roses said:

Yeah, republicans wiped out the entire California budget for this recall such that the homeless arriving here for the climate don't have enough housing.

It is fair to criticize the money wasted on an unnecessary recall. But to directly blame it for not giving the homeless problem money is ridiculous.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2021/05/10/california-has-a-staggering-757b-budget-surplus-1381195
going4roses
Giving ?
How about providing supportive housing so then they could have the best chance to not be living on the street?
oski003
going4roses said:

Giving ?
How about providing supportive housing so then they could have the best chance to not be living on the street?

Giving the homeless housing, not wads of cash. Try to focus.
Anarchistbear
$225 million was spent by Uber and Lyft to pass Prop 22 and overthrow an Assembly Bill making them workers with benefits. Gavin Newsom declined to take a stand on the proposition despite the fact that a majority of drivers are minorities and immigrants. If Democrats cared about workers and minorities results might have been different
going4roses
Giving those without homes a place to live is cheaper in the long run and

It definitely not giving them "wads of cash"

So by your answers you prefer human excrement on the street
oski003
going4roses said:

Giving those without homes a place to live is cheaper in the long run and

It definitely not giving them "wads of cash"

So by your answers you prefer human excrement on the street

I am merely saying that the Republican recall has little to do with the homeless problem, since the state apparently has a surplus of 65 billion. Feel free to post a topic about the homeless problem if that is what you want to talk about.

Edited to add that I said absolutely zero about preferring to live with excrement on the street or anything that can be interpreted to mean such. Your views dictate what you comprehend. I believe you are incredibly prejudiced.
going4roses
Who wanted the recall ? Republicans/Conservatives

Who complains most about the homeless? Same

Who clearly believes spending 300 mill on a recall instead of doing good with that money ? ….
oski003
going4roses said:

Who wanted the recall ? Republicans/Conservatives

YES

Who complains most about the homeless? Same

PEOPLE WHO LIVE WITH THEM. PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN PLAYA DEL REY, VENICE, AND SANTA MONICA. THEY ARE MOSTLY DEMOCRATS. BOTH PARTIES COMPLAIN ABOUT THE HOMELESS.

Who clearly believes spending 300 mill on a recall instead of doing good with that money ? ….

REPETITIVE QUESTION. CLEARLY REPUBLICANS AND PEOPLE WHO DONT TAKE COVID SERIOUSLY WANTED NEWSOM OUT.

Personally, I prefer Republican governors because I believe labor law and workers compensation laws in California need to be reformed, but I was very against this recall.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.