beheadings

1,001 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bearister
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Recent reports are showing that nine and ten year-old boys are being beheaded In Afghanistan...I wouldn't worry. Biden & associates have spent the last three weeks assuring us that the "Taliban have been very professional and responsible in adhering to international norms." I guess I missed the memo which says that beheading nine and ten year-old boys is now part of "international norms."

Joe Biden....,take a bow..
dimitrig
helltopay1 said:

Recent reports are showing that nine and ten year-old boys are being beheaded In Afghanistan...I wouldn't worry. Biden & associates have spent the last three weeks assuring us that the "Taliban have been very professional and responsible in adhering to international norms." I guess I missed the memo which says that beheading nine and ten year-old boys is now part of "international norms."

I think we should send 20,000 troops back in there for 20 more years to stop it!

What say you?

okaydo
helltopay1 said:

Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about how the republicans are dealing with the fallout from the recall.
concordtom
Next, HTP will post a sexual scandal.
If it doesn't include Joe, it'll be Hunter. Or maybe the oppo-department needs to get another Biden family member to bring into the fold for attack.

It will begin with a report by Tucker or hannity, and that memo will be spread to radio, and then HTP will post it hear in full living rage.

Thanks in advance HTP.

By the way, what prompted you to choose your screen name? That's an interesting choice.
bearister

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
Go, go, go like a soldier,
So-oldier of the Queen!
-Rudyard Kipling, The Young British Soldier
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

Is this the same Taliban that your president Trump signed a bilateral agreement with in Feb 2020, who he invited to break bread with him at Camp David and whose religious leader he freed from a Pakistani prison? Oh, and the same Taliban whose 5,000 criminals he released from prison last year before the Taliban gave us anything?

Was Trump wrong when he said this last October?

Quote:

"We should have the small remaining number of our BRAVE Men and Women serving in Afghanistan home by Christmas!"

Was Trump wrong when he said this last year after signing a deal to give them everything in exchange for nothing?

Quote:

"We're dealing very well with the Taliban," Trump told a news conference. "They're very tough, they're very smart, they're very sharp, but you know it's been 19 years and even they are tired of fighting, in all fairness."

Was Trump wrong when he said this in early 2020?

Quote:

"We had a very good conversation with the leader of the Taliban today, and they're looking to get this ended, and we're looking to get it ended. I think we all have a very common interest," Trump said. "We had, actually, a very good talk with the leader of the Taliban."

Was Trump wrong when he said this in early 2020?

Quote:

"The relationship is very good that I have with the mullah," Trump said. "We had a good long conversation today and, you know, they want to cease the violence. They'd like to cease violence also."

Same Taliban or was was your president Trump too dumb to realize who he negotiated a deal with?
concordtom
Good post, above.
Add:
Woodward/Costa book details.
Trump withdrawal would have been far far worse than Biden's.

Washington(CNN)

Just eight days after the 2020 election, then-President Donald Trump was so determined to end the war in Afghanistan during his presidency that he secretly signed a memo to withdraw all troops by January 15, 2021, according to a new book, "Peril," from journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

The November 11 memo, according to the authors, had been secretly drafted by two Trump loyalists and never went through the normal process for a military directive -- the secretary of defense, national security adviser and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs had all never seen it. Unpredictable, impulsive, Trump had done an end run around his whole national security team.

In a remarkable scene, the authors write, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Mark Milley, newly appointed acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller and his new chief of staff Kash Patel were all blindsided when the memo arrived at the Pentagon.

Woodward and Costa reproduced the memo in "Peril." The directive was titled, "Memorandum for the Acting Secretary of Defense: Withdrawal from Somalia and Afghanistan," and the memo read: "I hereby direct you to withdraw all US forces from the Federal Republic of Somalia no later than 31 December 2020 and from the Islamic Republican of Afghanistan no later than 15 January 2021. Inform all allied and partner forces of the directives. Please confirm receipt of this order."

Milley studied the memo and announced he was heading to the White House to confront Trump.

"This is really ****ed up and I'm going to see the President. I'm heading over. You guys can come or not," Milley told Miller and Patel, who joined him on the trip across the Potomac, according to the book.

At the White House, the three men paid a surprise visit to national security adviser Robert O'Brien and showed him the signed memo.

"How did this happen?" Milley asked O'Brien, according to the book. "Was there any process here at all? How does a president do this?"

O'Brien looked at the memo and said, "I have no idea," according to the authors.

"What do you mean you have no idea? You're the national security adviser to the President?" Milley responded. "And the secretary of defense didn't know about this? And the chief of staff to the secretary of defense didn't know about this? The chairman didn't know. How the hell does this happen?"

O'Brien took the memo and left. While the officials had briefly debated whether the memo could be a forgery, Trump confirmed to O'Brien that he had signed it.

"Mr. President, you've got to have a meeting with the principals," O'Brien told Trump, according to the book, which Trump agreed to do and the directive was withdrawn.

It was "effectively a rogue memo and had no standing," Woodward and Costa write. "All right," O'Brien said when he returned to his office. "We've already taken care of this. It was a mistake. The memo was nullified."

But the signed rogue memo undercuts the argument that Trump and some of his allies, including Miller, have recently made that Trump never really planned to get out or would have planned the withdrawal better than President Joe Biden.

"If I were now President, the world would find that our withdrawal from Afghanistan would be a conditions-based withdrawal," Trump said in a statement last month as the Taliban closed in on Kabul. "I personally had discussions with top Taliban leaders whereby they understood what they are doing now would not have been acceptable."

Axios' Jonathan Swan and Zachary Basu reported in May that the memo had been drafted by two Trump loyalists who should not have been involved in the process -- Johnny McEntee, the former body man who Trump had named head of White House personnel, and controversial retired Lt. Col. Douglas Macgregor, who had just been appointed as an adviser to Miller.

Woodward and Costa write in "Peril" that the memo was also one of the reasons Milley was concerned Trump could go rogue after the November election, and prompted Milley after the January 6 insurrection to take steps to try to limit Trump from launching military strikes or nuclear weapons unless he was consulted.

Eventually, Milley, Miller and Patel left the White House. They never saw the President that day, but after the January 6 assault on the Capitol, Woodward and Costa write that Milley "felt no absolute certainty that the military could control or trust Trump." Milley "believed it was his job as the senior military officer to think the unthinkable, take any and all necessary precautions."
BearForce2
dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

I think we should send 20,000 troops back in there for 20 more years to stop it!

What say you?

We would never have to go back if we can continue to indiscriminately launch drone strike attacks.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dimitrig
Trump Escalates Killer Drone War And No One Seems To CareBearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

What say you?

We would never have to go back if we can continue to indiscriminately launch drone strike attacks.

Read this article published in the left-wing rag founded by Pat Buchanan called "The American Conservative":

"The Trump administration has significantly increased the tempo of drone strikes in a number of countries, and it has relaxed the rules governing the targeting of these strikes. The result has been an increased number of civilian casualties with even less accountability than before and no redress for the innocent people caught in the middle of our endless wars."

[...]

"The rise in civilian casualties in Somalia is not an accident, but stems from a loosening in the restrictions placed on these attacks. Early in Trump's presidency, the rules were changed to permit much greater leeway in when and where drone strikes could be carried out:
Quote:

In March 2017, President Donald Trump reportedly designated parts of Somalia as "areas of active hostilities," removing Obama-era rules requiring that there be near certainty that strikes will not injure or kill noncombatants. The White House refuses to explicitly confirm or deny this, but retired Brig. Gen. Donald Bolduc, who headed Special Operations Command Africa at the time, was more forthcoming. "The burden of proof as to who could be targeted and for what reason changed dramatically," he told The Intercept. That change, he added, led AFRICOM to conduct airstrikes that previously would not have been carried out.

(Source: Trump Escalates Killer Drone War And No One Seems To Care)
helltopay1
concord..Got the idea from a book entitled " Hell to pay." The author chronicled all the devastations which happened to anyone who crossed or threatened Hillary in any way. Hillary has destroyed many folks along the way. Her specialty was destroying the lives of any woman who dared tell the truth about their encounters with Bill. She would gather her assassins in the "war room" and plot the strategy. Every single woman who dared give voice to the sexual assaults, rapes, casual encounters had their lives ruined.

Thanks for asking. The book is on my shelf.
AunBear89
dimitrig said:

Trump Escalates Killer Drone War And No One Seems To CareBearForce2 said:

dimitrig said:

helltopay1 said:

What say you?

Read this article published in the left-wing rag founded by Pat Buchanan called "The American Conservative":

"The Trump administration has significantly increased the tempo of drone strikes in a number of countries, and it has relaxed the rules governing the targeting of these strikes. The result has been an increased number of civilian casualties with even less accountability than before and no redress for the innocent people caught in the middle of our endless wars."

[...]

"The rise in civilian casualties in Somalia is not an accident, but stems from a loosening in the restrictions placed on these attacks. Early in Trump's presidency, the rules were changed to permit much greater leeway in when and where drone strikes could be carried out:
Quote:

In March 2017, President Donald Trump reportedly designated parts of Somalia as "areas of active hostilities," removing Obama-era rules requiring that there be near certainty that strikes will not injure or kill noncombatants. The White House refuses to explicitly confirm or deny this, but retired Brig. Gen. Donald Bolduc, who headed Special Operations Command Africa at the time, was more forthcoming. "The burden of proof as to who could be targeted and for what reason changed dramatically," he told The Intercept. That change, he added, led AFRICOM to conduct airstrikes that previously would not have been carried out.

(Source: Trump Escalates Killer Drone War And No One Seems To Care)

IOIYAR
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.