Cancel culture continues

776 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by going4roses
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 80 year-old statue of teddy Roosevelt has just been removed. We are not terribly removed from total chaos in this country. We need sensible Democrats to counterbalance the totalitarian crazies who now dominate the party. Will they?????They haven't so far...people like Big C are a rarity in the party. for every Big C, there are v10,000 Al Sharptons and AOC's!!!!!Sad...
bearister
You failed to mention the subjugated Black and Native American persons that are part of the statuary. Teddy's countenance looks proud. Their's just looks sad and resigned to bleakness.

Huck it in the Florida Keyes to serve as part of an artificial reef along with the statues of JoPa, Confederate traitors and any statute of tRump in existence or to be created.

*What is your position?
1. That the statue should not be offensive to Blacks or Native Americans? or

2. You can understand how they may be offended, but they should bear it in the name of 80 years of history?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
helltopay1 said:

The 80 year-old statue of teddy Roosevelt has just been removed. We are not terribly removed from total chaos in this country. We need sensible Democrats to counterbalance the totalitarian crazies who now dominate the party. Will they?????They haven't so far...people like Big C are a rarity in the party. for every Big C, there are v10,000 Al Sharptons and AOC's!!!!!Sad...

It's not cancel culture if Thedore Roosevelt thinks the statue should be moved.

"The world does not need statues, relics of another age, that reflect neither the values of the person they intend to honor nor the values of equality and justice," said Theodore Roosevelt IV, age 77, a great-grandson of the 26th president and a museum trustee. "The composition of the Equestrian Statue does not reflect Theodore Roosevelt's legacy. It is time to move the statue and move forward."
BearForce2
helltopay1 said:

Lincoln and MLK Jr. are next. Like Trump said, there are good people on both sides of this debate.
dajo9
The statue of Teddy Roosevelt and the subjugated Native American and black man were an embarrassment to all of us as a people.
bearister
dajo9 said:

The statue of Teddy Roosevelt and the subjugated Native American and black man were an embarrassment to all of us as a people.

Well, as you can see, almost all of us.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
Good and Bad side ? Hmm

Slavery
Stripped of one's culture/no knowledge of self whatsoever
Rape/ intentional forced breeding
Lynching
Terrorism
Murder
Treatment of indigenous people
Jim Crow
Poverty
Education
Housing (convents/redlining/predatory lending)
Medical treatment/experimentations
Stolen generational wealth (Billions now Trillions)
Lack of equal justice/fair treatment under the constitution
War on the Black Family
People forced onto reservations (alcohol)
War on drugs ( drugs and alcohol pushed into impoverished communities)
Stop and Frisk
Three strikes
School to prison pipeline
Prison industrial complex/private prisons
State sponsored terrorism in the form of police (rape assault murder false accusations)

Is there a good and bad side to these things ( partial list) ?
Which one is good?
Explain why?

Make it make sense
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
calbearinamaze
helltopay1 said:

Really clever-----but wrong-headed----post. Your generalizations apparently seem genus-level to
your "base",

Others are hammering your lack of any context at all.

There are many, many, many millions of us who are MUCH closer in philosophy to Big C****than to Al and/or AOC.

But you knew that already.

****Let's see where he goes (only 11.3% of his posts are OT compared to 45.5% for you).

BTW: by using **** instead of the usual *.....I'm not swearing at you as you seem to want to believe,

going4roses
45% off topic. 45 !! But I am not going lie I had to my numbers pre post lol

I can see clearly now the rain is falling

On your head

Really dude you clearly did not understand the assignment
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.