DeSantis - Florida Rejects 54 Math Books

2,798 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dajo9
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
54 of 132 MATH textbooks, or 41% of them were rejected by Florida's Department of Education.

Most of the books that were rejected were K-5, where 71% were deemed not appropriately "aligned" with Florida standards or included prohibited topics and unsolicited strategies

28 of the books were rejected specifically because they "incorporated prohibited topics or unsolicited strategies, including CRT.

Lists of the accepted books were made available, but did not say how the rejected books referenced critical race theory.

The Press Secretary for DeSantis, Christina Pushaw shared a tweet from an anti-CRT activist (Christopher Rufo) whose screenshot shows a "K-12 Math Ethnic Studies Framework" used by Seattle public schools. I believe Ms. Pushaw also made references to curriculum from Missouri and Pennsylvania from 3 and 7 years ago. But nothing specifically from Math books from Florida.

Does anyone have a list of the Math Books that Florida's Dept. of Education rejected?

State officials did not disclose the titles of any textbooks deemed unacceptable.

dajo9
100% of murderers either killed somebody or talked about CRT
bearister
"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it." 1984, George Orwell

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
Get a load of the dangerous ideology that Desantis is protecting his state from. What an absolute joke, but he's conning the most easily conned people who are predisposed to this sort of scam. He probably will be their 2024 nominee.

DiabloWags
Wow.
Thank You for this Unit-2.
NVBear78
bearister said:

"In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it." 1984, George Orwell

Florida rejected math books that said 2 + 2 equals woke and whatever you feel like it should mean.
DiabloWags
NVBear78 said:

Florida rejected math books that said 2 + 2 equals woke and whatever you feel like it should mean.
The public will never know because Florida never released the names of the Math books that were rejected.
So much for transparency.
AunBear89
Why do you constantly believe the bullshyte that your Right Wing news bubble is spoon feeding you?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

NVBear78 said:

The public will never know because Florida never released the names of the Math books that were rejected.
So much for transparency.

I wonder what would happen if we followed the money?
Quote:

Historically, when Florida school districts reevaluate which math instructional materials they will use, they have had more than one publisher to choose from.

Now, the only publisher approved by Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education for K-5
mathematics is Accelerate Learning, a company out of Houston, Texas.

"In the subject area as large as mathematics for grades K through five, it is unusual for there only to be one publisher to choose from," said Billy Epting, assistant superintendent for academic services for Leon County Schools.

The Carlyle Group, a global investment firm, acquired Accelerate Learning on Dec. 20, 2018, according to the firm's website.

During that time, Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin was the co-CEO of the firm. After 25 years with the company, Youngkin resigned in 2020 to run for office in Virginia.

The first thing Youngkin did as governor of Virginia was sign an executive order to "end the use of inherently divisive concepts, including critical race theory, and restoring excellence in K-12 public education in the commonwealth," a measure that's comparable to DeSantis' "Stop WOKE Act."
I'm just asking questions.

bearister
I wish Disney would shut down Disney World. It would eliminate the motivation of most of the rest of the nation to ever visit that sh@ithole state.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2

Lefty Protesters Screech Like Demons as Florida House Votes in Favor to Strip Disney's Self Governing Status

helltopay1
Woke math....2 plus 2 =4 is white racism...Another example of smug, arrogant white liberals dumbing down educational standards in order to curry favor with gullible minorities ( mostly blacks) who think that woke math is a substitute for learning the multiplication stables...God grant that one of these days we will b e blessed with a black leader who will lead other blacks out of the liberal plantation. Once Demos lose the plantation vote, they are toast city.....That's why they fight so hard to secure the plantation...
DiabloWags
helltopay1 said:

Woke math....2 plus 2 =4 is white racism...Another example of smug, arrogant white liberals dumbing down educational standards in order to curry favor with gullible minorities ( mostly blacks) who think that woke math is a substitute for learning the multiplication stables...God grant that one of these days we will b e blessed with a black leader who will lead other blacks out of the liberal plantation. Once Demos lose the plantation vote, they are toast city.....That's why they fight so hard to secure the plantation...
BearForce2
helltopay1
DeSantis just punched Disney hard in the face. Hard. They no longer have a special carve-out in the State. Liberals/marxists Communists big Tech, MSM/Academia/Hollywood/ late-night comics are terrified of DeSantis. He is a existential threat to their one-state power. He is Spartacus against 1,000,000 Roman Legions. if there is a God, Spartacus will win. or, God, might sit it out...You know, too busy watching Netflix ..Please donate to #spartacus...
Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

DeSantis just punched Disney hard in the face. Hard.
Duhsantis just wiped away $2B in Disney debt. Pretty nice punch in the face. More likely Duhsantis shot himself in the d!ck and is hurting Florida to fuel his national ambitions. Disney got what it needed from Florida to build an empire in the swamp and gets to walk away from its $2B in debt. It will probably take some time for Florida to ruin what Disney has built and long before that happens I expect Disney to extract more concessions from the state. Disney means a hell of a lot more to Florida than a grandstanding governor.

helltopay1
Definition of Woke math......2 plus 2 is any number which makes you feel good. Multiplication tables are a device by which White supremacists maintain to maintain control over minorities . ( mostly black)
Shakespeare?????Old dead, white dude...No longer required reading even for English or Humanities majors at some prestigious universities.

Western Civilization????False history written by old, dead white dudes to maintain power at the expense of the downtrodden ( mostly blacks).

US History???See above..

US Constitution????Written by old, dead white dudes to ratify slavery in the US for an eternity. See CRT.

Identity Politics..The only path to power used by Demos because most Americans rightly reject most of their lab-experiment policies. It is the substitution of power for competence.

Where did these ideas come from?????Please see Saul Alinsky, radical communist whose book, "rules for radicals", is and has been the Bible for every power-hungary leftist in this country. Please see Barack Obama whose "community organizing" in the Chicago black communities was/is textbook Alinsky..
Hillary loved Alinsky so much her theses is devoted to his teachings....To this day, Hillary denies this, but, she has NEVER released her thesis....Get the obvious point???
luckily, more and more Americans are getting wise to the radical hustle being foisted on them by the liberal elites...BF 2 and I aren't the on ly Americans who aren't conned by the propaganda...Time for cocktails......
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

Definition of Woke math......2 plus 2 is any number which makes you feel good. Multiplication tables are a device by which White supremacists maintain to maintain control over minorities . ( mostly black)
Shakespeare?????Old dead, white dude...No longer required reading even for English or Humanities majors at some prestigious universities.

Do you have any evidence to support anything you say? Please share with us which k-5 math content you find objectionable that supports your position. I'll wait.

Who are we kidding, like a gold fish with a 30 second memory, you will ignore everything that's happened and continue to post inane drivel spoonfed to you by grifters running elder abuse on a nationwide level.
DiabloWags
helltopay1 said:

DeSantis just punched Disney hard in the face. Hard.

DeSantis just caused Orange County taxpayers up to $160 million a year.

The billion dollars in bonds that Reedy Creek holds will mature as late as 2036. About 20% are revenue bonds, which will be backed by payments for services like utilities. The remaining 80% are general obligation bonds, backed by faith and credit in the district, which is on the verge of dissolution.

County taxpayers are now on the HOOK FOR PAYING THE INTEREST ON THE DISNEY DEBT.

Duh!
helltopay1
Wigs......You are money savvy......I give you that.......Too bad you are so deficient in the other areas..
blungld
helltopay1 said:

You weren't this crazy and this much of a jerk before Trump took office. Do you see for yourself how defending him changed you for the worse? If i showed these posts to you 10 years ago you would have said that will never be me. You'd be embarrassed and ashamed for knowing or associating with someone like that. Try to re-find your better self. This persona is not good and I know you know it and can do better.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
DiabloWags
blungld said:

helltopay1 said:

You weren't this crazy and this much of a jerk before Trump took office. Do you see for yourself how defending him changed you for the worse? If i showed these posts to you 10 years ago you would have said that will never be me. You'd be embarrassed and ashamed for knowing or associating with someone like that. Try to re-find your better self. This persona is not good and I know you know it and can do better.

I'm relatively new here in OT Land.
HTP wasnt this crazy before Trump took office?
Really?

That's an amazing transformation that most PhD's in Psychology would be foaming at the mouth over.
BearForce2
helltopay1 said:

DeSantis just punched Disney hard in the face. Hard. They no longer have a special carve-out in the State. Liberals/marxists Communists big Tech, MSM/Academia/Hollywood/ late-night comics are terrified of DeSantis. He is a existential threat to their one-state power. He is Spartacus against 1,000,000 Roman Legions. if there is a God, Spartacus will win. or, God, might sit it out...You know, too busy watching Netflix ..Please donate to #spartacus...
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Do you have any evidence to support anything you say? Please share with us which k-5 math content you find objectionable that supports your position. I'll wait.

Who are we kidding, like a gold fish with a 30 second memory, you will ignore everything that's happened and continue to post inane drivel spoonfed to you by grifters running elder abuse on a nationwide level.

One of the materials in the 54 math text books banned by Florida included bar graphs that measures levels of racial prejudice based on age and political identity.

Another example of banned material also references the Implicit Association Test which claims people's bias changes based on age and political identification
dajo9
Desantis America

American Vermin
Cal88
AunBear89 said:

Wrong thread,.
oski003
dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Dajo, what exactly happened here? Where is this? Why were the books removed? Were they all removed by mandate? Who physically removed them? If they had to do this, what could this classroom have done to prevent this from happening? Why did they not do this?
dajo9
More Florida fascism from Desantis

American Vermin
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Dajo, what exactly happened here? Where is this? Why were the books removed? Were they all removed by mandate? Who physically removed them? If they had to do this, what could this classroom have done to prevent this from happening? Why did they not do this?

Schools and teachers are too underresourced to comply with the authoritarian laws implemented by Desantis. Therefore all books are getting pulled rather than follow the strict big government rules of Republicans. This is what happens when you create a state of fear.
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Schools and teachers are too underresourced to comply with the authoritarian laws implemented by Desantis. Therefore all books are getting pulled rather than follow the strict big government rules of Republicans. This is what happens when you create a state of fear.

After researching your claim, I have concluded that the act of pulling all books from school shelves is grandstanding or a form of protest against laws they don't like. There is no state of fear. Hopefully, the schools figure out how to implement these laws without unduly burdening their students' educations. Hopefully, the lawmakers and enforcement authorities make clarifications and concessions, if necessary, that allow them to do so..
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

After researching your claim, I have concluded that the act of pulling all books from school shelves is grandstanding or a form of protest against laws they don't like. There is no state of fear. Hopefully, the schools figure out how to implement these laws without unduly burdening their students' educations. Hopefully, the lawmakers and enforcement authorities make clarifications and concessions, if necessary, that allow them to do so..

Teachers are notoriously underfunded and stretched thin. The Republicans adding layers of big government bureaucracy to teacher work schedules is getting the result you'd expect. If Desantis wants to dictate what books are allowed and make it a felony to violate his rules then he should hire the workers to deal with his bureaucracy.

If I were a teacher I would take every effort to not be a cog in the machine of book banning.
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Teachers are notoriously underfunded and stretched thin. The Republicans adding layers of big government bureaucracy to teacher work schedules is getting the result you'd expect. If Desantis wants to dictate what books are allowed and make it a felony to violate his rules then he should hire the workers to deal with his bureaucracy.

If I were a teacher I would take every effort to not be a cog in the machine of book banning.

Having no books on the shelves is a protest / political stunt against what is considered "book banning," and you agree with it. Got it.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Having no books on the shelves is a protest / political stunt against what is considered "book banning," and you agree with it. Got it.

Knowing there may be books on the shelf that may cause you to be charged with a felony makes removing all the books smart.

The price for self editing and making a mistake is extremely high.

Also, doing the dirty government work of book banning for them is distasteful and worthy of protest.

It's the smart thing to do and the moral thing to do.
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Knowing there may be books on the shelf that may cause you to be charged with a felony makes removing all the books smart.

The price for self editing and making a mistake is extremely high.

Also, doing the dirty government work of book banning for them is distasteful and worthy of protest.

It's the smart thing to do and the moral thing to do.

The only way they could reasonably comply with the law without fear of felony arrest was to remove all books from the classroom? If true, that would be pretty crazy. Good thing it is a lie. As for the morality aspect, there are other ways to protest laws without depriving students of books altogether. They probably are not though. This classroom likely found a way to provide their students access to books because they can be resourceful. They just like the imagery of empty shelves.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.