Radical Trans Movement

16,176 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

This guy started the CRT stupidity. How long until we see this framing here on BI?

A biological male stripper who identifies as a woman is a transgender stripper. Not all drag queens strip and not all of them identify as a woman.
OK, who had 48 minutes in the betting pool?
BearForce2
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

This guy started the CRT stupidity. How long until we see this framing here on BI?

A biological male stripper who identifies as a woman is a transgender stripper. Not all drag queens strip and not all of them identify as a woman.
OK, who had 48 minutes in the betting pool?

He-yo!
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dajo9
I wouldn't take my kids to either
American Vermin
AunBear89
dajo9 said:

Translation: conservatives have to lie and make stuff up in order gin up faux outrage amongst the undereducated base.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
Prior denial of individual rights by big government conservatives move forward
American Vermin
juarezbear
calbear93 said:

WalterSobchak said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

calbear93 said:

You are a parent. At what age would you be comfortable with your kids being forced to listen to gender choice issues and being provided with permanent options on transitioning to the other gender? 8? 10? 14?
My oldest kid is 6 (almost 7). I have zero qualms about someone explaining to him that some people are born as boys but feel like girls and want to live that way. It's not hard.

As for "permanent" transition, I support such decisions being made by those kids, their families, and the appropriate medical professionals, as it is already done. If individuals are making those decisions quickly and getting their kids drugs and surgeries without the proper medical and psychiatric vetting, then they should be stopped. That kind of thing is also pretty rare AFAIK and is not something that needs to be politically demagogued.
OK, you and I have different views on the appropriate age for such a discussion.

Just like you would not want me to impose upon you on how you parent such a sensitive topic with your kids, those with differing views may not want others to impose that on their kids before they believe they are mature enough to understand and appreciate.
That all sounds reasonable, but I also lived through the 90s and remember when essentially the same arguments were trotted out by conservatives about gay people. Ellen DeGeneres kissed a woman on her sitcom and was labeled a "degenerate" and demagogued against by the right wing. The current spate of trans legislation strikes me as being more the same.

And guess what? Now your kids can have gay married teachers and it's fine. They will learn that trans people exist and will also be fine.

Medical transition is another matter, as I noted. You do need to be careful with kids who want to do that, as there can be permanent effects. Social transition? Meaning the kid just wants to dress differently or change their name? Just support them, for God's sake. They're going to have a hard enough time with that already.
I think what I am saying is not tantamount to what people of differing sexuality went through in the 90s.

I am saying I don't would not want my kids in elementary school to be informed about gender choices. Doesn't mean I don't think they should eventually learn when they start puberty.

What they should learn is that they need to respect others irrespective of differences and understand that everyone has the same emotions, desire to be understood, etc. that others have. Why isn't it enough that I taught my kids in elementary school to protect the bullied, to respect the difference in people, and to treat others as they would want others to treat them?

I was an involved parent, meaning my wife and I were involved in our kids' lives, providing them with guidance, teaching them values, making sure they were diligent, and making sure they treated others with respect and protect those who were bullied, etc. I don't want the school or someone with an agenda to dictate to me that my kids are ready to hear about gender choices in elementary school when they don't understand the meaning of their gender. My boys at one time liked to paint their nails. My daughter wanted to learn MMA in the studio I went. I didn't discourage it but I let them find their way instead of saying, oh maybe you want to be a girl or boy.

There are a lot of things I don't want elementary school students to learn that they will when they are puberty age. I suspect you wouldn't want them to be taught about birth control, etc. in second grade. I suspect you wouldn't want your second graders to see violent, gory movies in second grade. They just are not ready.

Trying to paint my wanting some input on when my kids learn about gender choices and sexuality as the same type of behavior that resulted in discrimination against gays in the 90s is not conducive to genuine discussion and sharing of perspective. I taught my kids to be respectful and loving in elementary school. That should be enough.
This is not how it happens. How would you explain to the kids in an elementary school class that their friend "John" now dresses like a girl and wants to be called "Jane"? As a parent, how would you approach the issue as your little "John" asserts himself and initiates a progression at home where he goes from the common practice of painting his nails and trying on mommy's shoes/clothes to wanting his own girl clothes to wanting to only wear girl clothes at home and in public to wanting to grow his hair and change his name? This happens. I know from personal experience. The kid's instinct and feelings drive the process, against the "hopes" of the parents. The parents have to adjust just as much if not more than anyone else. The kid feels relieved and freed, too naive to know what society has in store for him. The parents worry about how he will be treated and mourn a little for the loss of what they "expected" their son to be, but ultimately take all of that on out of the love they have for their son.

My experiences are different from yours, and I don't really put a lot weight into your perspective on what kids go through. I apologize if you are some child psychologist, but too many amateurs acting as experts.

When my son was in preschool, there was an Asian boy who wanted to wear his sister's dress. My son asked about why he likes to wear dresses. This was some 15 years ago. I just told him let him dress the way he wants and defend him if anyone made fun of him. No one actually did. The same boy was one of son's close friends in elementary school, and he became a typical boy who played soccer and baseball with my son. Just a phase he went through. Otherwise, from having raised three kids, I did not witness a lot of 2nd graders tormented that they were born in the wrong gender body. They had tendencies that sometimes they grew out of, but most of the time, my sons were thinking about Pokemon cards, sports, video games, and riding bikes with their friends. When they wanted to paint their nails because they wanted to, that was fine. They went to school like that. None of his friends cared. My daughter was a tomboy when she was young even though now she is as feminine as they come. But I suspect that came with her wanting to be more like her brothers or wanting to learn to fight like I did. I didn't turn their exploring into deep questioning with them on whether they wanted to change their gender. I just let them be instead of insisting they consider at that age whether they feel like they are identified in the right gender. This concept that there was a noticeable number of kids in 2nd grade thinking about whether they are in the right gender body is kind of like some worried about abortion right before birth. Just did not happen from my experience growing up or raising three kids, and I personally would not have wanted my second grader to learn about gender choices and transition in second grade.

You can parent your kids however you want, including teaching them about things, whether sex, intercourse, sexuality, or gender identification, you think they are ready for in second grade. Don't force it on my kids. I will choose to teach them about these personal things as I see fit and when I believe they are ready.

I understand and respect your perspective. That being said, I think you missed a key point. He was positing that the child was making the choice to dress as the opposite sex and eventually identifying as such. Nobody is suggesting that schools teach your youngster about trans-ness. Rather, he's saying there's a chance your kids will encounter it at some point and it might be a good idea to arm them with accurate info rather than having a fellow child explain it to them. Case in point….my oldest brother is gay and when my kids were very young, we lived in West Hollywood. My kids asked me about my brother ad his partner and also about a gay couple next door and if the couples were brothers. I told my son who was about 9 that my brother and his partner live together and love each other like mom and dad. My son told a little league teammate that his uncle (my brother) was gay and that he and his friend love each other like mom and dad. I got a very angry call from the kid's father who said his kid wasn't ready to hear about this and why my son said his uncle was gay. I told him because his uncle IS gay and it isn't something we're ashamed of or embarrassed about. His kid was forbidden from havjng more play dates with my son. No great loss as the guy was a seriously self-hating Jew who was doing a lousy job of modeling behavior for his son anyway….the point here is, that you don't have to live in SF or West Hollywood these days to encounter gay couples. Even cities like Salt Lake have visible gay communities. Unless you're living in a white extremist place like Sandpoint, Idaho, it's probably a good idea to educate your kids or they'll hear about it at school.
dajo9
They are coming after all the gay kids
American Vermin
sycasey
dajo9 said:

They are coming after all the gay kids

I'd be careful about sharing this one. Might not actually be what you think.

Looks more like a pretty liberal school district trying to thread the needle with the demands of their conservative state.
BearForce2
Where is all this evidence of rise in violence towards transgender people you keep talking about?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
BearForce2 said:

Where is all this evidence of rise in violence towards transgender people you keep talking about?

Hey, I get that doing your own research and forming your own opinions is hard. It's so much easier to have Poso or Charlie Kirk, or any of the other lying hypocrites in your Twitter feed spoon feed you opinions and made up facts.

Read this and get back to us with your own opinions. Let us know if you need any help with big words or challenging concepts.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/fatal-violence-against-the-transgender-and-gender-non-conforming-community-in-2022
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
82gradDLSdad said:

BearForce2 said:

Bill Maher went on a rant and took on the trans movement in a way that was, let's just say, politically incorrect. He argued against puberty blockers and transitioning children. And he believes this movement is being pushed onto children by adults.

"The answer can't always be that anyone from a marginalized community is automatically right; trump card, mic drop, end of discussion. Because we're literally experimenting on children," Maher contended

"Someone needs to say it not everything's about you. And it's okay to ask questions about something that's very new and involves children," he noted since the ACLU had declared the potential overturning of Roe v. Wade was being said to have more of a negative impact on LGBTQ people than women.

Bill Maher is pretty smart and funny. Tough to do both but he pulls it off. As a long time married person I especially liked the joke about experiencing a life without balls.

The Simpsons were ahead of its' time.
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

BearForce2 said:

Hey, I get that doing your own research and forming your own opinions is hard. It's so much easier to have Poso or Charlie Kirk, or any of the other lying hypocrites in your Twitter feed spoon feed you opinions and made up facts.

Read this and get back to us with your own opinions. Let us know if you need any help with big words or challenging concepts.

https://www.hrc.org/resources/fatal-violence-against-the-transgender-and-gender-non-conforming-community-in-2022
As the post just above this one indicates, it's telling that when asked about his own opinions, BF2 just posts a tweet to a comment from 2 months ago. He's just an empty suit with no personal opinions except what he's told to believe.
BearForce2

California is going to push CRT and radical gender ideology in schools despite parents' objections.
dajo9
BearForce2 said:

California is going to push CRT and radical gender ideology in schools despite parents' objections.

No it isn't
American Vermin
concordtom
Lol
Look at the title of this thread.
"Radical Trans Movement"

Oh no, the Russians are coming!
The trans are coming!
Fear fear fear!!!!!
BearForce2
Adults may not fear it for themselves but they're going after kids. They fear for their kids in schools.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

Lol
Look at the title of this thread.
"Radical Trans Movement"

Oh no, the Russians are coming!
The trans are coming!
Fear fear fear!!!!!

"Radical gender ideology" is the phrase that is probably going to gain traction.

The fear of Russians is promoted by the left.
Apathetic Bear
BearForce2 said:

Bill Maher went on a rant and took on the trans movement in a way that was, let's just say, politically incorrect. He argued against puberty blockers and transitioning children. And he believes this movement is being pushed onto children by adults.

"The answer can't always be that anyone from a marginalized community is automatically right; trump card, mic drop, end of discussion. Because we're literally experimenting on children," Maher contended

"Someone needs to say it not everything's about you. And it's okay to ask questions about something that's very new and involves children," he noted since the ACLU had declared the potential overturning of Roe v. Wade was being said to have more of a negative impact on LGBTQ people than women.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/10077552/transgender-woman-rape/
bearister
The day the music died:

BearForce2 last post:

1:43p, 8/20/22

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
-Raymond Douglas Davies
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
No.
That's his last non-deleted post.
bearister
At the Golden Globes in 2020, Gervais demonstrated one of the few ways left to be the modern Lenny Bruce. He absolutely crushed it. Anyone who likes stand up needs to watch the entire clip…which is a hysterical giant F@uck You! to Hollywood. So much better than any recent Netflix, etc. standup specials (Gervais' was the best…which is where he did the trans material.

*The Irishman, which he keeps referencing was unadulterated garbage and I hope, isn't evidence, that Scorsese is over the hill.
*I thought Larry Wilmore and Michelle Wolfe killed it when they each had their turn as MC's at the White House Correspondents Dinner. They totally blew up all the pompous a-holes in Washington….and put an end to edgy stand ups as hosts.

This is worth watching:

Bumping Mics with Jeff Ross & Dave Attell (TV Series 2018 ) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9203078/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
bearister said:

*I thought Larry Wilmore and Michelle Wolfe killed it when they each had their turn as MC's at the White House Correspondents Dinner. They totally blew up all the pompous a-holes in Washington….and put an end to edgy stand ups as hosts.

This page has a good summary of yearly events, hosts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Correspondents%27_Association

Last year was Trevor Noah, who wasn't very good IMHO.
Year before that was first of Biden and it didn't happen, COVID.

Year before that was last of Trump, didn't happen, COVID.
Year before that was Ron Chernof, boring historian.
Before that was Michelle Wolfe, who treated it like her coming out party at a night club rather than a distinguished DC formal event that it is.
Trump's first year was Hassan Minaj.

Trump boycotted all 4 years, because he knew the media hates his guts and he didn't want to have to laugh at himself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.