CBO

950 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DiabloWags
helltopay1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The CBO has just projected the US to have the largest sustained deficit since 1930!!!!!!!Darn....I knew I should have voted for Biden....
BearForce2
Biden said we're undergoing some kind of.....transition.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dajo9
CBO making the argument that inflation will have been transitory after all
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
helltopay1 said:

The CBO has just projected the US to have the largest sustained deficit since 1930!!!!!!!Darn....I knew I should have voted for Biden....
Tax cuts plus failing to even attempt to slow down the pandemic for fear of it impacting Trump's chances in the 2020 election really screwed us. I don't recall you complaining about those things, I wonder why.

It's overall a pretty rosy outlook on the economy. We should be so lucky for this to come true. The below quote is from the CBO's report which we know you haven't even bothered to look up and probably wasn't highlighted in the agitprop conservative media that you consume which is designed to stoke fear in uninformed people.

Quote:

The Economy. In CBO's projections, elevated inflation initially persists in 2022 because of the
combination of strong demand and restrained supply in the markets for goods, services, and
labor. Inflation then subsides as supply disruptions dissipate, energy prices decline, and less
accommodative monetary policy takes hold. Since mid-2021, inflation has reached its fastest pace
in four decades. In CBO's projections, the price index for personal consumption expenditures
increases by 4.0 percent in 2022. In response, the Federal Reserve tightens monetary policy and
interest rates rise rapidly. Real GDP grows by 3.1 percent in 2022, and the unemployment rate
averages 3.8 percent. After 2022, economic growth slows, and inflationary pressures ease (see
Chapter 2).

okaydo
That this is the subject that htp has decided to post on after 10 days off just goes to show how embarrassed he is by the current GOP.
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

helltopay1 said:

Tax cuts plus failing to even attempt to slow down the pandemic for fear of it impacting Trump's chances in the 2020 election really screwed us. I don't recall you complaining about those things, I wonder why.

It's overall a pretty rosy outlook on the economy. We should be so lucky for this to come true. The below quote is from the CBO's report which we know you haven't even bothered to look up and probably wasn't highlighted in the agitprop conservative media that you consume which is designed to stoke fear in uninformed people.

Quote:

The Economy. In CBO's projections, elevated inflation initially persists in 2022 because of the
combination of strong demand and restrained supply in the markets for goods, services, and
labor. Inflation then subsides as supply disruptions dissipate, energy prices decline, and less
accommodative monetary policy takes hold. Since mid-2021, inflation has reached its fastest pace
in four decades. In CBO's projections, the price index for personal consumption expenditures
increases by 4.0 percent in 2022. In response, the Federal Reserve tightens monetary policy and
interest rates rise rapidly. Real GDP grows by 3.1 percent in 2022, and the unemployment rate
averages 3.8 percent. After 2022, economic growth slows, and inflationary pressures ease (see
Chapter 2).

It's weird to me how organizations like the CBO will readily speak to monetary policy but ignore fiscal policy, almost like even acknowledging fiscal policy is an admission of the effectiveness of Keynes. An admission of the effectiveness of Keynes is basically admitting liberals are correct on economics. The biggest reason why inflation and growth and jobs zoomed up was expansionary fiscal policy. The biggest reason why inflation is likely to decrease in 2022 is the withdrawal of that expansionary fiscal policy.

If March does end up being the peak of inflation (as the CBO is predicting), we should remember that monetary policy was still expansionary at that time. QE was still in progress (the Fed balance sheet may have peaked on April 13th) and the Fed Funds rate was only 0.25% - 0.50%. As we sit here today, the Fed balance sheet is neutral and the Fed Funds rate is still accommodative at 0.75% - 1.0%. We'll have to wait and see if March ends up being the inflation peak and inflation ends up being transitory as the CBO is predicting. Their assessment of the monetary policy impact of their own prediction is overstated relative to the impact of fiscal policy.
American Vermin
dajo9
okaydo said:

That this is the subject that htp has decided to post on after 10 days off just goes to show how embarrassed he is by the current GOP.
I'm glad he did. I was unaware of this very good news report from the CBO until he posted.
American Vermin
DiabloWags
GDPNow currently at 1.9% for Q2

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
helltopay1
Yeah....You're right......everything is rosy.......
DiabloWags
helltopay1 said:

Yeah....You're right......everything is rosy.......

Werent you the guy that said that the Trump economy was the best economy in 50 years?

Yes, I believe you were.

In fact, I offered to donate $100,000 to Cal Football if you could prove me wrong.
And you disappeared.

Care to explain how the economy could be the best in 50 years when the GDP was never over 3.0% during any year under the Orange Buffoon?

2017: 2.3%
2018: 3.0%
2019: 2.2%
2020: -3.5%

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.