Trump Voters Need a New Direction - Peggy Noonan

4,647 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Anarchistbear
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearGoggles said:

concordtom said:

BearGoggles said:

Its pretty clear what I'm saying - if you read it - and from that its very clear I am not in favor of Trump.

Oh goody, we can be friends !!!
…… That's because I don't believe everyone who disagrees with me is stupid, immoral, or evil."

I actually do believe that and it falls into Bill Maher's category of "I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
BearGoggles said:

concordtom said:

BearGoggles said:

Its pretty clear what I'm saying - if you read it - and from that its very clear I am not in favor of Trump.

Oh goody, we can be friends !!!
We can be friends because I'm more than willing to be friends with people who have completely divergent political views. That's because I don't believe everyone who disagrees with me is stupid, immoral, or evil. Sadly, that is less common in this world.

I can be friends with people who have divergent political views, too.
But not with a trump apologist, let alone a fan.

Hitler didn't have "divergent political views", he was a madman.
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

In 2008 Obama won the Presidency, House and Senste.

In 2016 Trump won and Republicans now controlled the House, Senate and Presidency

In 2020 , Biden won and Democrats now controlled the House, Senste and Presidency

In 2024 the Republicans will control the House, Senate and Presidency.

Why? Because nothing ever happens about what average Americans care about- wages, health care , family leave, education , child care so they keep voting for the opposition. Otoh, what the parties and the pundit class care about- Jan 6, Critical Race theory, gender rights, race- is of trivial interest to anyone who is trying to make ends meet

Interesting, things you say folks care about… it's Dems which seek to do something about these, yet which Republicans block.
Anarchistbear
concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

In 2016 Trump won and Republicans now controlled the House, Senate and Presidency

In 2020 , Biden won and Democrats now controlled the House, Senste and Presidency

Why? Because nothing ever happens about what average Americans care about- wages, health care , family leave, education , child care so they keep voting for the opposition. Otoh, what the parties and the pundit class care about- Jan 6, Critical Race theory, gender rights, race- is of trivial interest to anyone who is trying to make ends meet

Interesting, things you say folks care about… it's Dems which seek to do something about these, yet which Republicans block.

What is the major legislative accomplishment in these areas of the Biden Administration?
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

What is the major legislative accomplishment in these areas of the Biden Administration?

Answer #1: not being Trump
Answer #2: see Joe Manchin and Kristen Sinema.

GOP senate +1 blocks everything. I know you to be intelligent enough to know this. Ironic timing, however, that they just this once crossed the aisle on Friday's law on guns.
BearForce2

I blame the left wing radicals, the Democrats who can't stand up to them, RINOs, establishment Republicans, the corporate media, and the administrative state that stays in DC no matter which party is in power.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Anarchistbear
concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

GOP senate +1 blocks everything. I know you to be intelligent enough to know this. Ironic timing, however, that they just this once crossed the aisle on Friday's law on guns.

So nothing. Not being Trump was good enough for 2020 but he's gone and the Dems control Presidency, House and Senate and the economy is a disaster. Throw them out, rinse, wash, repeat.
BearForce2
dajo9 said:

Peggy Noonan is completely lost

Peggy doesn't seem to be aware that the radical left don't know what a woman is and that children are being groomed in schools to become hypersexualized.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
juarezbear
DiabloWags said:

blungld said:

DiabloWags said:

I think she was speaking to how genuine the feelings for America that Trumpers have.

I would have left it at that.
But she embellished.

If the underlying truth or beliefs are false, ignorant, or misplaced, can it still be genuine? Can you be genuine in your white supremacy for example?

Yes.
The feelings that Trumpers have are indeed authentic.
The underlying beliefs are not required to be true in order for their feelings to be authentic.
The Religious Right Wing is emblematic of this.

…as are any idealogue's. Just because someone's beliefs are sincere doesn't mean they're appropriate, level-headed, or good for the entire nation.
dajo9
Anarchistbear said:

Every year you mentioned from the past the American people voted for the Democratic President.
American Vermin
AunBear89
You keep spouting the same bullshyte RNC talking points. Why do so many Republicans feel the need to lie and obfuscate (look it up)?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
dajo9
Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

Conservatives control the Senate.
American Vermin
juarezbear
BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

Peggy doesn't seem to be aware that the radical left don't know what a woman is and that children are being groomed in schools to become hypersexualized.

Good Lord. You clearly live in your own extreme right echo chamber if you're parroting the lies about grooming children. I'm guessing you also believed pizzagate.
AunBear89
juarezbear said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

Good Lord. You clearly live in your own extreme right echo chamber if you're parroting the lies about grooming children. I'm guessing you also believed pizzagate.

He doesn't know what to think until Charlie Kirk or Don Jr tell him on Twitter.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
juarezbear said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

You are a little late to the party. The one bright spot of the pandemic is that parents were able to see what kids were learning in schools online The only people who talk about pizzagate are Democrats.
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

juarezbear said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

He doesn't know what to think until Charlie Kirk or Don Jr tell him on Twitter.

Either way, you're always triggered so it must be effective.
AunBear89
Another word you like to use but don't fully understand. I suggest more English lessons, tovarisch.
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

So nothing. Not being Trump was good enough for 2020 but he's gone and the Dems control Presidency, House and Senate and the economy is a disaster. Throw them out, rinse, wash, repeat.

So long as senate has to filibuster, 50 doesn't do it. You need 60.
You know this, right?
You're not so dim witted as the rest of these clowns, are you?

Gee, I guess you are.
Anarchistbear
concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

concordtom said:

Anarchistbear said:

So long as senate has to filibuster, 50 doesn't do it. You need 60.
You know this, right?
You're not so dim witted as the rest of these clowns, are you?

Gee, I guess you are.

No, they don't need 60. Budget reconciliation process can allow passsage of bills with 51 like the Republicans passed their tax cut. That was the aim of their infrastructure omnibus bill.

Go back to the Jan6 infomercial, Tom.. You seem
better with that kind of hysteria

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.