DeSantis should be the next president

3,664 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BearForce2
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?

AunBear89
You really are hateful and narrow minded.
sycasey
Seriously, though: do you really think this trans stuff should be a high-priority issue for the PRESIDENT? This thing that affects a very small percentage of the population? This is really the thing that moves the needle for you?

Or is this mostly culture wars and conservative virtue signaling? I won't deny that DeSantis is good at that.
okaydo
The charisma-free DeSantis will be destroyed by the charisma-filled Trump.
okaydo
Expanding on my thoughts: DeSantis seems too a**holy and unlikable to be president. Sure, Trump was the same, but he was funny and, as I said, he has charisma that attracts a lot of people. DeSantis seems like that guy every "normal" Republican wants (think Marco Rubio from 7 years ago), but who will turn off the general electorate.
Unit2Sucks
Desantis is a demagogue who is laser-focused on the fighting the conservative grievance culture war. The problem is that, as Okaydo points out, he's a poor man's Trump. He's never going to win by out-MAGAing Trump.

As with most of this grievance culture, he's peddling bunk to low information people. I'm not an expert on trans issues, but my understanding is that there is a wide range of "gender-affirming care" and that these sorts of surgeries are very rarely provided to those under 18. I don't personally have an issue with laws which prohibit these surgeries for children under 18. I don't have a fully developed view about puberty blockers and other medical treatments that fall short of surgery.

I am skeptical of Desantis' grandstanding. If there are surgeons cutting off genitalia for children, they probably can be prosecuted under Florida law. They also probably don't exist. Those things don't actually matter to Desantis because he's fighting a fake war to win over internet fans like Minot, not because he cares about the people of Florida who he is supposed to govern.
okaydo
Also, can you imagine Trump ceding the spotlight to DeSantis? He's more likely to endorse Biden than DeSantis.

So Trump will either be leader of the party or DeSantis' main antagonist.
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Also, can you imagine Trump ceding the spotlight to DeSantis? He's more likely to endorse Biden than DeSantis.

Exactly. When the GOP sold its soul to Trump, it didn't realize how hard it would be to move on. Clearly as long as he's alive, he's going to be the only voice that really matters.

The thing is even after he dies, the party will still be full of idiot conspiracy theorists. Like for a few decades after Elvis bit the dust, there were all those whack jobs who still believed he was alive. It's going to be like that except you are going to have GOP politicians climbing over each other to either acknowledge that Trump could still be alive and that his death was faked and/or some sort of liberal lizard human imprisonment in gitmo or that he is dead and speaking to them in their sleep or whatever. Basically, Trump is the new Jesus and they will never be able to disavow him or his movement.

I look forward to Trump eviscerating Desantis in 2023 and if somehow Trump is too dead to do it, I look forward to other people channeling Trump to eviscerate Desantis. The clown show isn't going to end for quite a few years.
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

You really are hateful and narrow minded.
Don't groom kids.
BearNIt
MinotStateBeav said:

Because Florida is so well run said no one ever.
concordtom
okaydo said:

The charisma-free DeSantis will be destroyed by the charisma-filled Trump.

By "charisma-filled Trump", do you mean to say "hatred-inspiring Trump"?
BearForce2
sycasey said:

Seriously, though: do you really think this trans stuff should be a high-priority issue for the PRESIDENT? This thing that affects a very small percentage of the population? This is really the thing that moves the needle for you?

Or is this mostly culture wars and conservative virtue signaling? I won't deny that DeSantis is good at that.

If the governor won't speak out about child abuse in schools, who will?
concordtom
Sounds like DeSantis' slogan could be "DeSantis '24: no more dick cuttings".

It's a winning theme for sure.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

All the Twitter accounts you follow?
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

Exactly. When the GOP sold its soul to Trump, it didn't realize how hard it would be to move on. Clearly as long as he's alive, he's going to be the only voice that really matters.

The thing is even after he dies, the party will still be full of idiot conspiracy theorists. Like for a few decades after Elvis bit the dust, there were all those whack jobs who still believed he was alive. It's going to be like that except you are going to have GOP politicians climbing over each other to either acknowledge that Trump could still be alive and that his death was faked and/or some sort of liberal lizard human imprisonment in gitmo or that he is dead and speaking to them in their sleep or whatever. Basically, Trump is the new Jesus and they will never be able to disavow him or his movement.

I look forward to Trump eviscerating Desantis in 2023 and if somehow Trump is too dead to do it, I look forward to other people channeling Trump to eviscerate Desantis. The clown show isn't going to end for quite a few years.

The modern GOP is like Jerry Springer Show: Politics Edition.

I mean, what happened to reasoned and seasoned statesmen?

concordtom
okaydo said:

Trump is more likely to meet up with Putin's fleet and a bunch of Castro's Cuban warriors at the Bay of Pigs, sail across and invade Florida for its entire takeover and secession than endorse either Biden or DeSantis.

Napoleon complex. Emperor of Mar a Lago (Elba Island) is never enough. Must have more.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

If Governor DeSantis won't speak out against indoctrination in schools, who will?
bearister
DeSantis has also come out against use of the R9X Hellfire missile because after it circumcises a jihadist, it goes full tilt slicey dicey and removes all the dirty bits.

*Too soon?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

Made me laugh but I like:

More Dicks!
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

More Dicks!

Always room for collaboration and improvement!! Well done.

How about
"Vote for Dicks. Vote for DeSantis."
"A vote for DeSantis is a vote for Dicks"
Or
"If you like Dick, you'll love DeSantis." Sure to capture the women vote!
"Save the Dicks." (Maybe a graphic of a dick on a melting iceberg)

He'll be commonly known as
"Dick DeSantis".
It has a nice alliteration.

concordtom
Of course, Trump will see all this Dick swinging and want to get in on it.

"Wait a minute, folks. Everyone knows I have the biggest dick around. And not only that, but I've used it, too! It's the biggest, the best! You should hear what people say! Nobody is going to out-dick me! I not only have one, but I AM one! A Huge one!"

To which Marco Rubio inserts himself into the debate: "He has small hands!"
AunBear89
Thanks for reminding us that, in addition to being liars and hypocrites, Conservatives are also morons
MinotStateBeav
BearForce2
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

More Dicks!

Dicks for girls per SDUSD
82gradDLSdad
BearForce2 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

More Dicks!

Sounds like they like my slogan. Who would have thought that More Dicks has a chance to be THE political slogan for the 2024 elections.
oski003
BearForce2 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

More Dicks!

What do you get when you drop a waffle at the beach?
San Diego
BearForce2
BearNIt said:

Florida is well run said almost everyone.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearNIt
BearForce2 said:

BearNIt said:

Florida is well run said almost everyone.
Like most things you comment on, you have no clue or have never lived in Florida. Take a drive down to Liberty City or Miami Gardens if you ever go there.
BearForce2
BearNIt said:

Like most things you comment on, you have no clue or have never lived in Florida. Take a drive down to Liberty City or Miami Gardens if you ever go there.
Too many Democrats?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
MinotStateBeav
State Attorney wanted to pick and choose what laws he enforced. DeSantis said...YOU'RE FIRED!!!
BearForce2
The best part is that DeSantis mentioned Soros.

"We are suspending Soros-backed 13th circuit state attorney Andrew Warren for neglecting his duties as he pledges not to uphold the laws of the state,"

Update: DeSantis sent state police to physically remove Warren from his office, "with access only to retrieve his personal belongings, and (ii) to ensure that no files, papers, documents, notes, records, computers, or removable storage media are removed from the Office of the State Attorney..."
BearNIt
From Florida:

BearNIt
New poll says Desantis loses against Biden and also Harris.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/new-poll-biden-and-vp-kamala-harris-both-beat-trump-%e2%80%93-and-biden-beats-desantis-worse/ar-AA10nXrs?li=BBnbfcL
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

State Attorney wanted to pick and choose what laws he enforced. DeSantis said...YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Look at his silly face: Who could not want to smack it? I almost wish he were a Democrat, just to see if I would still want to smack him. I think I would! Granted, the things he says makes it worse...
Big C
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

If Governor DeSantis won't speak out against indoctrination in schools, who will?

Can't help noticing what's not on the list to be learned by Florida's youth; any of the social studies. Gee, I wonder why not.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.