Lawyers, how bad was this Trump nominee's performance?

2,596 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
Frankly, I thought Willie Cicci did a better job.

In all seriousness, in my career I encountered several litigation attorneys (some of them partners) from big SF law firms, who were no spring chickens, and who clearly appeared to have never tried a case. All I can figure is that they must have been rainmakers and settled all their cases at a real bargain for their clients' adversaries. A politically connected associate in my firm was appointed a Superior Court judge. As an attorney she never tried a case and rarely was near a courtroom.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Cave Bear
Conservatives elected an entirely unqualified president. Should it surprise anyone that they're now going to stuff a bunch of unqualified judges onto the federal bench?

Conservatives don't care about professional qualifications in their candidates, nor do they care about decency or justice. All they care about is getting people who will advance their garbage agenda into power.
BearNIt
Two words, "Clown Show".
sonofabear51
Clown #$%^
B.A. Bearacus
BearDevil
bearister said:

In all seriousness, in my career I encountered several litigation attorneys (some of them partners) from big SF law firms, who were no spring chickens, and who clearly appeared to have never tried a case. All I can figure is that they must have been rainmakers and settled all their cases at a real bargain for their clients' adversaries. A politically connected associate in my firm was appointed a Superior Court judge. As an attorney she never tried a case and rarely was near a courtroom.

Watched Godfather 2 last night. Which one of Cruz, Pence, or Hatch is most likely to be like Nevada Senator Geary? Putin already has Trump on a short leash.
kjkbear
He may be a business attorney. In England, trial lawyers are barristers and business lawyers are scriveners. Scriveners cannot argue before the court. In our country, most business lawyers know little to nothing about trial practice. They also should not be trial court judges.
bearister
BearDevil said:

bearister said:

Watched Godfather 2 last night. Which one of Cruz, Pence, or Hatch is most likely to be like Nevada Senator Geary? Putin already has Trump on a short leash.
Hatch has just the perfect amount of pompousness to be Senator Geary.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/hatch-brown-shouting-match-tax-reform/

A little more than a month later he is kissing tRump's rear end after the tax plan passes. He is a total hypocrite lying windbag.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Related: 45 doesn't know **** about the environment or give a ***** He is renominating grossly unqualified Kathleen White to chair the Council on Environmental Quality.

This brief exchange from November:

Norman
kjkbear said:

He may be a business attorney. In England, trial lawyers are barristers and business lawyers are scriveners. Scriveners cannot argue before the court. In our country, most business lawyers know little to nothing about trial practice. They also should not be trial this court judges.
My thoughts exactly!
B.A. Bearacus
Bullet dodged. White House removes dangerously incompetent Kathleen White from consideration for top environmental post.
B.A. Bearacus
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.