Will the NRA's grip on the GOP diminish in your lifetime? (Y/N)

92,877 Views | 772 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sycasey
iwantwinners
How long do you want to ignore this user?
why would you need to repeal the 2nd amendment just to increase gun restrictions?...

...unless your goal is to disarm the public as a matter of law...
iwantwinners
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

iwantwinners said:

The oversized glasses need to go the way of the skinny jean/pant fad for men.

I think it has something to do with millennial culture's feminization of men/destruction of masculinity to the point where young men fail to realize they look like effeminate clowns in skinny pants.

As far as the oversized glasses on women, I think it's partly women who don't subscribe to the modern, western norms of feminine hygiene like showering daily and shaving their legs and armpits and genital region. The glasses are like an F U to these norms, and sort of an efficient mating signal that alerts men that they're behind the hygiene curve. And lots of men will bang a hole in the ground, and the men that wouldn't wouldn't be in to the feminist chic look anyways.
You're trying WAY too hard to provoke a reaction. Good trolling is much more subtle.
That was not my intention. I didn't think a sarcastic, half-serious, tongue and cheek post would trigger anybody. But once again I overestimated this board.
going4roses
We can't see your facial expressions nor pitch/ intonation of your voice so how would anyone think you are joking ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
iwantwinners
going4roses said:

We can't see your facial expressions nor pitch/ intonation of your voice so how would anyone think you are joking ?
I'll concede responsibility. Whether the sarcasm was apparent or not, I think being triggered by it is a bit much.

I mean, Iived in SF for five years. It's not THAT uncommon for a woman to signal her philosophy on feminine hygiene and upkeep with her fashion/accessory/ring choices. Sometimes they'll just straight up tell you. I asked my friend when I lived there one time "why don't you shave your legs or armpits?". She said "I don't believe in it". She had already told me she doesn't shower daily. This was not an odd person outside of these traits and beliefs. She was straight, American, white, and sexually active. I just sipped my beer and smiled, saying "you're fu**in' weird. Are you trying to repel men, or attract a man of low self-esteem?"
B.A. Bearacus
sonofabear51
Right on Stephen King!!!
Start Slowly and taper off
BearNIt
Teacher at Stoneman Douglas High charged after leaving loaded weapon unattended in school bathroom that was found and discharged by a homeless man.

I thought there might be a reason that we shouldn't arm teachers in school.

B.A. Bearacus
iwantwinners
B.A. Bearacus said:

Sounds like he's picking the low-hanging fruit like this board does.

Let me guess, he's out of bounds but this board never is.
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
isn't it "an" F rating?
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks said:

isn't it "an" F rating?
Well, he graduated from Stanford so he ain't perfect. That said, I like that he's consistently been an attack dog against the transgressions of this administration. I like him.
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/06/nra-convention-dallas-gun-control-trump?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
At least it is comforting to know exactly what type of person tRump embraces as well as the type of person that reciprocates his love:

"Black Guns Matter" was written in big block letters on the T-shirt worn by Maj Toure as he hustled through the crowd."
The Guardian

With regard to the states that tRump carried, I wonder if they would be willing to secede from the Union. They can wall themselves off, kill each other with their guns, stay high all day on opioids, erect all the Confederate general statues they want, marry their cousins, and attend a never ending series of tiki torch parades and tRump hate rallies.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
30 states voted for Trump. Everywhere but Atlantic and West Coasts
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

Since we have the 5th largest economy in the world they are little more than an anchor around our neck anyway. Once they wall themselves off I think California should front the cost of airdropping crates of MREs on them twice a year to keep'em fed.
oski003
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/06/nra-convention-dallas-gun-control-trump?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
At least it is comforting to know exactly what type of person tRump embraces as well as the type of person that reciprocates his love:

"Black Guns Matter" was written in big block letters on the T-shirt worn by Maj Toure as he hustled through the crowd."
The Guardian

With regard to the states that tRump carried, I wonder if they would be willing to secede from the Union. They can wall themselves off, kill each other with their guns, stay high all day on opioids, erect all the Confederate general statues they want, marry their cousins, and attend a never ending series of tiki torch parades and tRump hate rallies.

Your views of those 30 states is as fearful, antagonistic, and ignorant as those who feel that California is being "invaded" by illegal immigrants, etc...
Anarchistbear
I think the reverse. California needs to build a wall, loosen gun laws and raises a militia . I don't want to be defended by nerds with apps
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

I think the reverse. California needs to build a wall, loosen gun laws and raises a militia . I don't want to be defended by nerds with apps

I'm afraid we will have to contract that work out to the Wagner Group:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/2938158/youth-fail-to-qualify-military-service
Another Bear
Nah...just charge them more for all the food, wine and pot we grow here.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
graguna
Anarchistbear said:

really? I do. we live in a digital world. I'll take the smart CAL nerd with a computer over a dumb **** duck dynasty lover with an AR 15.
golden sloth
Eh, if a hypothetical civil war broke out again, the initial split would be coastal states versus interior states, but then each of those states would further splinter. It would really be an urban versus rural conflict. I can't imagine the likes of Bakersfield and Fresno sticking with San Francisco and LA. This okay for coastal cities but interior cities like Denver or Austin would be screwed.

The following is pure speculation:
It would be interesting as the rural areas would have the initial advantage as they have more guns, more people with military experience and supply the food, but the coastal states could isolate and cut off supplies, then overwhelm the rural areas as they can out produce them or buy machinery and supplies (through having money and access to shipping lanes). The cities could also lean on their population advantage over time (particularly among 18-40 year olds and the non-obese). So, much like the civil war in the 1860's, the cities would take an initial hit, but outlast and overwhelm the rural areas.

From an International Persepctive:
I'd imagine Russia would support the rural side as they want the US out of international politics to create a vacuum for themselves to fill, and the longer the war lasted the better for them. Europe would probably align with the cities, as would Canada and Mexico. I would guess China would side with the cities, as they need their consumers or face massive employment problems.
Anarchistbear
Mexico would retake the homeland
sycasey
graguna said:

Anarchistbear said:

really? I do. we live in a digital world. I'll take the smart CAL nerd with a computer over a dumb **** duck dynasty lover with an AR 15.

Preparing a ground-fighting militia is ridiculous and antiquated, given where military technology is these days. You really think your militia is fighting against an army with drones and nukes? That will be a quick war.
bearister
I'm defending my house with robots like Fiona on Silicon Valley.

golden sloth
Anarchistbear said:

Mexico would retake the homeland
Mexico's claim to California is pretty weak. California has been part of America for 170 years, it was a territory of Mexico for 26. As a territory of Mexico, it was neglected.. The Mexican population in California was minimal, and most of the territory was left to the various native tribes. Mexico combined Alta California with Baja California because it was easier for Mexico City to have one less administrative territory. The resentment that built in Alta California resulted in local Californians taking over the governship in hostile fashion and acting as an autonomous territory for a decade or so before the Mexican-American war.

America should not have taken the territory at the conclusion of the war, but to say Mexico has any sort of claim to modern day California is a no-go for me.
bearister

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/
going4roses
Now think of a non governmental (on the surface)attempt...

Still think no?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
dajo9
Anarchistbear said:

2/3 of the US economy and most voters, voted against Trump
American Vermin
dajo9
golden sloth said:

Eh, if a hypothetical civil war broke out again, the initial split would be coastal states versus interior states, but then each of those states would further splinter. It would really be an urban versus rural conflict. I can't imagine the likes of Bakersfield and Fresno sticking with San Francisco and LA. This okay for coastal cities but interior cities like Denver or Austin would be screwed.

The following is pure speculation:
It would be interesting as the rural areas would have the initial advantage as they have more guns, more people with military experience and supply the food, but the coastal states could isolate and cut off supplies, then overwhelm the rural areas as they can out produce them or buy machinery and supplies (through having money and access to shipping lanes). The cities could also lean on their population advantage over time (particularly among 18-40 year olds and the non-obese). So, much like the civil war in the 1860's, the cities would take an initial hit, but outlast and overwhelm the rural areas.

From an International Persepctive:
I'd imagine Russia would support the rural side as they want the US out of international politics to create a vacuum for themselves to fill, and the longer the war lasted the better for them. Europe would probably align with the cities, as would Canada and Mexico. I would guess China would side with the cities, as they need their consumers or face massive employment problems.
If we gamed this out I think it's a mistake to think of it in terms of 19th/20th century warfare. Here is how I see it, assuming the red states control the Federal government and the blue states rebel.

The blue states withhold all tax proceeds from the Federal government and the two sides boycott each other. The Feds seize the blue state governments, which is to say the blue state governments go underground and survive electronically. The Feds by now have lost all meaningful international support and are going bankrupt, with no funds to support their massive military / police state and social security / medicare / medicaid. Both economies crash and we see whose culture is more robust over the long haul.
American Vermin
sycasey
bearister said:

I'm defending my house with robots like Fiona on Silicon Valley.
90's Simpsons was prescient as always.

I'll take the computer nerds.
Another Bear
Oliver North to be NRA's new president
Quote:

Washington (CNN)Oliver North, the Fox News contributor and central figure in the Iran-Contra scandal, will be the National Rifle Association's new president, the group announced Monday.

"Oliver North is, hands down, the absolute best choice to lead our NRA Board, to fully engage with our members, and to unflinchingly stand and fight for the great freedoms he has defended his entire life," NRA executive vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre said in a statement on the pick.

In his statement, LaPierre compared North favorably to Charlton Heston, the Hollywood icon who was once president of the group.

North will become president "within a few weeks," the group said. He will retire from his position at Fox News.
So the NRA went with the convicted felon. Seems par for the course.

bearister
Fawn Hall was married to the manager of the Doors, Danny Sugarman.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/danny-sugerman-and-fawn-hall-during-danny-sugerman-and-fawn-hall-at-picture-id115369439?s=612x612
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Remember when Michael Moore interviewed Heston in Bowling for Columbine. Heston was in early stage Alzheimers and didn't know Moore was goofing on him. Similar to Borat or Ali G interviewing clueless people or Kubrick never telling Slim Pickens that Dr. Strangelove was a comedy.
Another Bear

Jim Carey does Chuck Heston.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.