Poll: Would you have lunch with Trump?

2,879 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sycasey
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Through some randomness, you won a contest where the prize turned out to be a one-hour, one-on-one lunch with Trump sometime this month near where you live. Do you have lunch with him?
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
golden sloth
Yes, I would jump at the chance to give him a piece of my mind.
kjkbear
Yes. With ANY president, except maybe in 1858, would have said no to James Buchanan.
B.A. Bearacus
Nyet for me. Would not feel enriched by this experience.
AunBear89
Yes - but only if we have a beautiful piece of chocolate cake - the best you've ever had - after lunch of McDonalds.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
iwantwinners
If Melania was joining, sure. Then I'd look Trump right in that fat ugly face of his while I grab Melania by the....oh wait no none of that.
BearNIt
Only if I could bring Stormy and her attorney.
B.A. Bearacus
BearNIt said:

Only if I could bring Stormy and her attorney.

Avenatti.

bearister
Skyler White: "Walt, please, let's both of us stop trying to justify this whole thing and admit you're in danger! "

Walter White: "Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
FuzzyWuzzy
B.A. Bearacus said:

Through some randomness, you won a contest where the prize turned out to be a one-hour, one-on-one lunch with Trump sometime this month near where you live. Do you have lunch with him?
I think I would. The dude is a marvel of narcissism, self-absorption, self-delusion and the incredible ability to see things from only one perspective (that of Fox & Friends). Yet somehow he is a billionaire or so we're told. Wouldn't it be interesting to see what makes this guy tick?

But which McDonald's is it? My town has (at least) two, and one has crappy parking.
NYCGOBEARS
I've been in a restaurant with him at the same time. Does that count?
bearister
As my dad used to say about some people, "I wouldn't cross the street to shake his hand."
kjkbear
When I was in Cal in the Capitol in 1981, I decided not to "cross the street" to meet the deposed VP, Mondale at a street corner. I thought Carter-Mondale were a failed leadership team, which in 1981 they indisputably were, but I now think I should have crossed the street. He could not have been offensive like Trump on his worst day.
Unit2Sucks
I have friends who know him fairly well and, to put it mildly, based on what they've told me I would have zero interest in being at the same table as him.
sycasey
Depends . . . what's on the menu?
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey said:

Depends . . . what's on the menu?

Steak. Well done with ketchup.
dajo9
I would have lunch with him. But I'd annoy him with questions and opinions he doesn't like and I'm sure it wouldn't go well.
BearChemist
dajo9 said:

I would have lunch with him. But I'd annoy him with questions and opinions he doesn't like and I'm sure it wouldn't go well.

Didn't shocky golf with him at did just that, and got punched on the chest?
dajo9
If true, I would love to hear that story
American Vermin
BearChemist
It was buried in one of those monster threads, with photo proof. Not sure if it's possible to dig it out at the new site.
NYCGOBEARS
BearChemist said:

It was buried in one of those monster threads, with photo proof. Not sure if it's possible to dig it out at the new site.

It was national Narcissism Day that day.
bearister
dajo9 said:

Apparently the day after that meeting with tRump Shocky was observed singing the following catchy tune with a very big smile on his face:

"You were the sunshine, baby, whenever you smiled
but I call you Stormy in yoga pants today...."
sp4149
The full question should have included :

"And would you pay for his lunch?"

Because he wouldn't.

He Doesn't pay...
okaydo
Yes, because I'm a big fan of KFC's $20 fill-up meal.
B.A. Bearacus
All y'all some easy lunch dates.
bearister
I amend my prior response. I would be happy to dine with tRump in the cafeteria at Leavenworth. It would be my treat. I would order him the Captain's cut Nutraloaf with country gravy and a small glass of Tang to wash it down with.
concordtom
iwantwinners said:

If Melania was joining, sure. Then I'd look Trump right in that fat ugly face of his while I grab Melania by the....oh wait no none of that.
There you go!
concordtom
dajo9 said:

He told it.
He said the guy cheated with his lies (where the ball was laying), and bragged about various golf things, which Shocky called him out on (cause he knows golf courses better than Trump) and embarrassed him a bit. Trump shut up realizing he couldn't continue to tell his lies. It was a good exchange.
I imagined Trump's reaction when he got put in place to be, "he he he, this guy thinks he's a wise guy. Funny guy, right?" followed by a too-strong "friendly" punch on the chest.

I think he also drove his cart all the way up to the green, and maybe left after 9 holes or something. Shocky said the guy came off as a blowhard idiot who disrespected the game, and himself.
concordtom
kjkbear said:

When I was in Cal in the Capitol in 1981, I decided not to "cross the street" to meet the deposed VP, Mondale at a street corner. I thought Carter-Mondale were a failed leadership team, which in 1981 they indisputably were, but I now think I should have crossed the street. He could not have been offensive like Trump on his worst day.
Oh, god no!
concordtom
BearChemist said:

If I recall, the photos of Trump golfing were stock - I do not recall one of them standing together.
But regardless, it was long enough ago that he wouldn't have posted it if not true. I had/have no reason to question at all.
He made numerous references to how he didn't like him, which was one of the few things I appreciated about Shocky. He repeatedly, later, posted this NY Post cover:

I'm sure Shocky was Shocked when Trump won, and would like to have that round now.

But like the dinner date proposal of this thread, it would be pointless. The man won't listen to anyone.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

It would not be enjoyable to have to listen to him brag and lie for an entire meal.
And it would not be enjoyable to have a disingenuous person not engage and listen to what I had to say, particularly when I would be compelled to question him.
So, no, I wouldn't want to do it. We would have nothing to talk about, because as soon as I spoke up, he'd just get up and leave.

I would, however, like to serve him my personally prepared goulash.
I would, additionally, like to have him drink my golden shower.
And if I spilled a bit upon delivery, well, that would be just fine.
bearister
Golf is like bicycle shorts: It can reveal a lot about a guy," said Rick Reilly, the sportswriter who hit the links with Trump for his 2004 book "Who's Your Caddy?" in which Reilly lugged clubs for several of the world's best golfers and VIP amateurs.

As for Trump? "When it comes to cheating, he's an 11 on a scale of one to 10," Reilly said.
concordtom
To be fair, we always played "fellowship rules" when we went out, because we weren't really trying to put up honest and fair scores as much as hit a few shots that could make us get back to the clubhouse feeling good and wanting to go back out again some day. None of us were in competition as much as we were like, "hey, good shot!"
That said, we played only a couple of rounds a year, while Trump plays all the time. He also posts and brags about his low handicap, and so he would need to play rounds that count for that handicap fairly, and that is surely not the case.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.