Cosby's lead defense counsel....

2,020 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...was in my class at Hastings and in my section first year. I actually never spoke to him. He was real quiet. He always looked tough to me. Now I see he boxed at Harvard. He also went to the London School of Economics. I say he gets a hung jury. Probably not the best victim to take the Pudd'in Man down.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/cosby/who-is-tom-mesereau-bill-cosby-retrial-opens-hollywood-lawyer-andrea-constand-20180407.html

Tom's comments after 1st hung jury:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
iwantwinners
It always seemed like a weak case to me

That's what happens when the allegations were decades old and contradictory. At least the allegations that I've come across.
Bobodeluxe
My long dead father in law claimed the Cos learned his dating technique from his '60's tv co-star. That dude had a reputation at Berkeley High.
bearister
Bobodeluxe said:

My long dead father in law claimed the Cos learned his dating technique from his '60's tv co-star. That dude had a reputation at Berkeley High.

This tends to corroborate your Da's tale.

https://www.salon.com/2014/11/17/listen_to_bill_cosbys_rape_jokes_about_wanting_to_drug_womens_drinks/
B.A. Bearacus
Have not been following this at all except for watching a YouTube clip of Bearister's fellow law school alum being very articulate while walking and talking with TMZ.

It's been announced that the verdict is in. Let's see if this lawyer can get another perp off.
sycasey
Nope.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-found-guilty-sexual-assault-retrial-n869121
BearChemist
Look at this thread. I think we have a BI Charles Barkley.
Another Bear
Ya think they serve puddin' pops in the pen?
Peanut Gallery Consultant
NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

Yup, after the tossed salad.
bearister
My grandmother used to say if you lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas. Mesereau has laid down with his share of dogs. His fleas: probably get stiffed for a large AR; lots of press on his in court 30 minute nap; will get sued for malpractice; and business will take a hit.
Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

Another Bear said:

Hahaha...the Cos needs to hear what's on the menu.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
bearister
I think Yogurt Man Harvey Weinstein made the current climate tough for Pudd'in Man. At least the guys in the Yard will find his dated material entertaining.
sycasey
Let's also just say . . . this is justice. There's virtually no way Cosby was innocent, given how many accusers he had. The only thing that might have saved him is that the alleged crimes were so far in the past, but in the end . . . it didn't.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

Another Bear said:

Isn't that how you get direct source E. coli?

Cosby is facing civil actions from several accusers, many of whom are suing him for defamation because, they say, he or his staff branded them as liars by dismissing their allegations as fabrications." [NYT]

Plaintiffs in those civil actions should be able to get into evidence this felony conviction. Time to back the dump trucks up to Fort Cosby so the cash can be shoveled in.

CAL6371
That video is a superb find!
bearister
CAL6371 said:

That video is a superb find!
If that gif was news to you I suggest watching the entirety of BB from whence it came.

BearDevil
sycasey said:

Let's also just say . . . this is justice. There's virtually no way Cosby was innocent, given how many accusers he had. The only thing that might have saved him is that the alleged crimes were so far in the past, but in the end . . . it didn't.

My rule of thumb is if there are double digit accusers of sexual assault, there's zero chance that all of them are lying. Makes Trump apologists and enablers look ridiculous, especially Conway, Huckabee, and Ivanka (all have young daughters).

Cosby's wife has compared Bill to Emmitt Till?!? F her, she's ignoring decades of abuse by dozens of victims.
bearister
BearDevil said:

sycasey said:

My rule of thumb is if there are double digit accusers of sexual assault, there's zero chance that all of them are lying. Makes Trump apologists and enablers look ridiculous, especially Conway, Huckabee, and Ivanka (all have young daughters).

Cosby's wife has compared Bill to Emmitt Till?!? F her, she's ignoring decades of abuse by dozens of victims.

She should start a coffee klatch with Jerry Sandusky's wife.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.