OT - Car insurance up 30%

441 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sp4149
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was checking out the car insurance renewal rate for my mother's car.
She doesn't drive anymore, the car is stored in a locked garage in a secure development.

Annual mileage for the last two years has been under 1000 miles.
Car is just used by us during monthly weekend visits. Actual usage last year under 500 miles.

No tickets, no accidents. No repairs.

Annual policy increased 30% after being unchanged for several years.

I haven't notice news reports on insurance policies increasing 30% with unchanged policies and clean driving record.

Anybody else seeing big premium increases. The Insurer is SoCal Auto Assn, maybe they are catching up on increases they should have made in previous years?

Thoughts?
Bobodeluxe
Obama.
bearister
Maybe she is in the "pedal confusion" years which exposes the carrier to liability for a mass killing. When my dad was in his mid 80's he started losing it. I thought we should yank his car keys but my older sister disagreed. He got in an accident and thank God no one was hurt. The carrier quadrupled his premium. The debate ended abruptly.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
My step father began to scare the S out of us, and some of us pleaded with my much younger mom to put an end to it. She refused, saying that it would hurt his pride. I wondered if I should call the police or something, and told my mom she sure would feel bad if he killed someone (she had rationalized that if he killed himself in a car accident then so be it.)

Fortunately, he never crashed, and a few years later my mom began doing all the driving. He died 18 months ago at 93. Awesome life, awesome guy.

It happens.

My dad now just Ubers everywhere.

My mom can still make the 2 hr drive to see me, but frets about it, and has to stop halfway to eat, pee, walk around. Last time she even took a nap in the car. Oh my. :-(
bearister
When I get to that stage I am going to wear a diaper like that psycho female astronaut that drove across country to kill her romantic rival without stopping for a pee break.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sp4149
Bobodeluxe said:

Obama.
No this is the second year under Trump. Maybe corporations know that they can gouge more with the Grump.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.