Please tell me this is not true

6,375 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by concordtom
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/hhs-official-says-agency-lost-track-of-nearly-1500-unaccompanied-minors/

If so this is a really bad look
Bobodeluxe
Animals.

MAGA
going4roses

We ( our kids) are all going to pay a very heavy price.
Another Bear
This crap requires plain language. This is FUUCKED UP and completely unacceptable and it's all on Dotard and his damn sackofshyt Nazis. And lets be clear, this is the crap Nazis like and do.
going4roses
going4roses

All bad
GBear4Life
Go back to your homes, people.
going4roses
Are your people Indigenous to these lands? Or...
concordtom
Sadly, this type of thing is just the tip of the iceberg.
There are 7 billion people on planet earth, which is changing.
Sea levels are rising and habitable areas are shifting.
Also, economic fortune/misfortune zones will continue to cause people to migrate.

So, what does any country do when mass populations migrate?
Political borders cannot hold people back indefinitely.

We see this type of thing occur all over the globe.

What is most sad is to witness that we Americans are little different than others: just as racist and incompetent as elsewhere. And, yes, I'm looking at you, Donald Trump and your Trump Zombie followers of the GOP.

I agree, a bunch of sachsofshyt.
going4roses
Cal Junkie
GBear4Life said:

Elaborate.
AunBear89
GBear4Life said:

Many of them aren't able to for a variety of reasons.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
Acting US Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders to leave
sycasey
What they are doing to these kids is criminal.

going4roses
At this point I'm like ok now you don't want them here any longer (whatever/fine) take the family and put them on bus back south together. Is that so hard? Cost Benefit Analysis / Precautionary Principle?
concordtom
Please tell ME this isn't true:

A family member who is 76 years old in rural eastern Pennsylvania, retired at 50 NYC bond trader, to become a reverend who would travel the country to host family marriage conferences, a fundamentalist Christian who proselytizes, post ed this one Facebook.

I have no respect left for this person.
What a racist, inconsiderate, hypocrite. It was not lost on me that his chosen profession relies upon the charitable goodwill of others.

Please give me your feedback! I am so irate, but don't want to let loose on Facebook for sake of family harmony.
Y'all may help me get over it.
concordtom
Fundamentalists response to the removal of Confederate statues is to tear down the Statue of Liberty:

concordtom
That's reaction #1.
Reaction #2 is that there's another group of immigrants who might take issue with the pilgrim-centric meme:

?1520383897

concordtom

concordtom
Reaction #3: His wife (my step sister)'s great grandmother... I have traced her genealogy.
She was married in Denmark at age 17 in 1881.
She had two kids, but her husband died, and so married again at 24.

She had two more kids nd emigrated to NYC in 1894.
She had another child (Anna, grandmother of my step-sister) in 1898, but now her second husband died same year.

She married a third time and had 2 more kids. Sure as hell sounds like a rough life.
Anna had developmental problems and so was given to an institutional home for the "Feeble-Minded".
(Where she was raped by a young Irish man who was the son of the man who delivered heating coal. Fortunately, her daughter was smart and had a nice life, raised by an uncle.)

Point is, they have tired, poor, huddled masses in their own family's DNA.

But I guess the theme of the original meme is that their ancestors suffered, struggled, and they expect the current wave of i migrants to also suffer. Tell me, for how many generations need they suffer before they are eligible for a better life where they can be eligible for our social welfare benefits?
sycasey
No problems in Border Patrol at all!

dajo9
sycasey said:

Repeal and Replace CBP and ICE
American Vermin
AunBear89
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Repeal and Replace CBP and ICE

No, no, no! Haven't you heard? This "Fake news!" At least according to all the MENSA member GOP shills on internet discussion boards.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sp4149
AunBear89 said:

No, no, no! Haven't you heard? This "Fake news!" At least according to all the MENSA member GOP shills on internet discussion boards.
Just curious,
What's the name for a former Republican who wouldn't join MENSA?
GBear4Life
Hmm, that FB group sounds like a Liberal BI thread about Trump and conservatives

GBear4Life
ICE is carrying out federal law, supported by both parties since its inception in 2003 until it became politically expedient for the Left to pander to illegals and the privileged white liberals that virtue signal in their service....
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

ICE is carrying out federal law, supported by both parties since its inception in 2003 until it became politically expedient for the Left to pander to illegals and the privileged white liberals that virtue signal in their service....

And yet, somehow we managed to not take children away from their parents until Trump came along.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

And yet, somehow we managed to not take children away from their parents until Trump came along.

GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Who's "we"? BI liberals or Democrats?
dajo9
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

I've never before seen such a blatant attempt to silence people
American Vermin
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Who's "we"? BI liberals or Democrats?

"We" the United States of America.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

I've never before seen such a blatant attempt to silence people

Seems like "virtue signaling" is his only argument here, which tells you that he REALLY doesn't want to talk about the actual story.
oski003
Since we are bringing up how repubs have changed by looking at past politicians, let's look at how our current Dems have changed...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/GOP/videos/10156156092545090/&ved=2ahUKEwikuZn2_pjjAhUVa80KHZENAWsQFjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw04i2b8Vyam5KDaqQ_usRfR
bearister
The pictures of Native Americans in this thread reminds me to plug this book I am reading and enjoying:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
GBear4Life
LOL yeah, that's it.

Calm down old white dude. Just tryin to have a little fun.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.