Supreme Court Decisions

40,458 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sycasey
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was going to laugh about this. But then I remembered that the last non-Ivy League Supreme Court justice (O'Connor) was picked by the last non-Ivy League president (Reagan).

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trumps-supreme-court-pick-cant-be-public-school-graduate.html

Anarchistbear
Trump won 7 out of the 10 most populous states. The problem is the Democratic Party is not a national party.
B.A. Bearacus
We all know it will be Kavanaugh. Why? Look at his middle name:

Brett "The indictment and trial of a sitting President, moreover, would cripple the federal government" Kavanaugh.

B.A. Bearacus
Brett Kavanaugh primer:
https://www.vox.com/explainers/2018/7/9/17540334/brett-kavanaugh-trump-supreme-court-anthony-kennedy

What Leo wants, Leo gets.

Anarchistbear
I don't know Trump picks someone who is allied with "Low Energy" Bush family. I bet on his sister's pal or the woman.
B.A. Bearacus
Anarchistbear
Uh oh.. maybe he's being arrested
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Anarchistbear said:

I don't know Trump picks someone who is allied with "Low Energy" Bush family. I bet on his sister's pal or the woman.
Yup, the nepotism pick is always Trump's first choice...although Dotard checked with Vlad to get his okay.
B.A. Bearacus
Will Justice Kavanaugh recuse himself from any cases involving Trump? Let me answer on his behalf: no.

Anarchistbear
I bet Trump still prefers picking Miss Universe to these losers.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Brett Kavanaugh primer:
https://www.vox.com/explainers/2018/7/9/17540334/brett-kavanaugh-trump-supreme-court-anthony-kennedy

What Leo wants, Leo gets.

Leo looks like he uses the same tailor tRump does, Omar the Tentmaker.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
HAHAHAHAHA

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Seriously, W.T.F... a teaser from the WH? For Christ sake, this is a SCOTUS nomination, not a fcckin TV show.
B.A. Bearacus
Is it just me or does Trump have a vagina in his neck right now?

bearister
Another Bear said:

Seriously, W.T.F... a teaser from the WH? For Christ sake, this is a SCOTUS nomination, not a fcckin TV show.

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
I know this is wrong, but how long did Kavanaugh's parents live. Are they still alive?

I just want to get an idea of this guy's life expectancy? Will he be alive in 40 years?

okaydo
His wife was W.'s personal secretary when he was governor of Texas and president of the United States. The Bushes attended their wedding.

So, really, while he may hate Trump personally, he's gotta like the pick (just like a lot of Trump-hating Republicans).
bearister
okaydo said:

I know this is wrong, but how long did Kavanaugh's parents live. Are they still alive?

I just want to get an idea of this guy's life expectancy? Will he be alive in 40 years?

The Illuminati have hired imposters in case of premature death, just like they did when Paul McCartney died. Bearacus, you do good work.
B.A. Bearacus
Brett's pubic hair is practically on Clarence's Coke can.

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Okaydo, Jeb and W have come out saying they love the pick.
Anarchistbear
Hopefully, McCain's dead brain can't resign and can't vote. That'd be a start.
bearister
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cold-opening/n10108
okaydo
A Yale law professor writing about one of his fave students....

wifeisafurd
B.A. Bearacus said:

Brett's pubic hair is practically on Clarence's Coke can.

Supreme Court front-runner encounters conservative skepticism https://washex.am/2u2mPbd

More like a Gorsuch clone (heck they went to school together), which ought to tell you now what conservatives are questioning (see article linked above). One interesting side bar on the Thomas vs Hill nomination proceedings was that Thomas being so conservative was lost in the discussion due to the coke can, etc.
Golden One
okaydo said:

Both of his parents are still alive. They were in the audience at the White House tonight. Kavanaugh has at least 35 years ahead of him on the Court.
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

What's your expert opinion of the kind of fat Kavanaugh has? Is it more John Candy or Tommy Lasorda?
okaydo

concordtom
Another Bear said:

Duh, it's a tv show!
dajo9
The White House is not denying reporting that Kennedy negotiated the Kavanaugh pick with Trump (was wiaf a source for the reporting). What did Trump get in exchange? I don't know but Kennedy was awfully favorable to the Trump view in the last series of Supreme Court decisions.

At a minimum, Kennedy needs to be brought into the Senate to testify about his discussions with the White House. Probably, the FBI needs to investigate a possible bribery scheme between Kennedy and Trump.

The Trump Administration comes up with ways of being corrupt that most of us hadn't even dreamed of.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.